Start by marking “Mission Critical (Grant Stevens, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mission Critical (Grant Stevens, #1)

Mission Critical (Grant Stevens #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  6 reviews
It's the Cold War. Commander Grant Stevens, intelligence officer and Navy SEAL, is assigned to the black ops division of the Naval Investigative Service. His present mission: prevent the USS Bronson, the newest, most sophisticated destroyer in America's arsenal from being hijacked.

Stevens and his friend, Senior Chief Joe Adler, will take on Russian commandos and an old KGB
Mass Market Paperback, 246 pages
Published September 8th 2010 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Mission Critical, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission Critical

george agle
MY ADVICE? PERSEVERE

The first chapter of MISSION CRITICAL...was confusing. I am not Navy personal or their family so all those acronyms were a challenge. But that did not get in the way of the story being told.

Author, Jamie Frederic, tells an unusually tight story. The history rang true for me. And it certainly made me wonder how many times the Navy Seals have changed our future. It seems we owe them a great debt.

The Seals in this story have some impressive tools ( bombs, wet gear, small subs,
Jim
Oct 18, 2012 Jim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jim by: Amazon
I think that this author has written an interesting and entertaining novel and I will buy and read more of the author's future novels.
Jim Morton
Dated relative to TTP and technology and a the depth of story is pretty thin....
David Dalton
I thought this was a good story. Short, but intense. My only gripe would that it moved pretty fast and almost everything seemed to go in favor of Cmdr Stevens. But I did like it enough to try out a few more in this series (especially since I can read them "free" via the KOLL program.
MONHMANY MCCOY
Mission Critical is Mission possible

Intriguing
This book will hold you from beginning to end! Grant Stevens writes in a Tom Clancy style looking forward to book two!
Jim Weiler
A good read.

interesting, if a little farfetched. the writing could be a little tighter and the characters developed more, this is my second read of this author.
Terri Thomas
Terri Thomas is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2015
Roxanne Nash
Roxanne Nash marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Bce3
Bce3 marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Wes
Wes marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Thomas E. Schweizer
Thomas E. Schweizer marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Grant Stevens (6 books)
  • Warning Order (Grant Stevens, #2)
  • In the Mouth of the Wolf (Grant Stevens, #3)
  • Sacrifice of One (Grant Stevens, #4)
  • Last Op (Grant Stevens, #5)
  • Shanghai Mission (Grant Stevens, #6)
Warning Order (Grant Stevens, #2) Operation Gold Eagle (Navy SEAL Grant Stevens - Book 8) Sacrifice of One (Grant Stevens, #4) Shanghai Mission (Grant Stevens, #6) In the Mouth of the Wolf (Grant Stevens, #3)