Start by marking “Malcolm X” as Want to Read:
Malcolm X

Jack Rummel

Malcolm X

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  21 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
A biography of the Black Muslim who became a leader of a movement to unite black people throughout the world.
Hardcover
Published April 1st 1989 by Turtleback Books (first published November 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Malcolm X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malcolm X

Berke
Jun 01, 2014 Berke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-to-reread
Malcolm X by Jack Rummel is an illustrated edition that does a remarkable job of delineating Malcolm X’s childhood, ambitions, and rise to a political figure. I especially loved the photos because they helped me understand the places he had lived and worked in. The narrative was very captivating and easy to understand. Read the book in two days. This is an excellent way on learning and enjoying history at the same time.

It is shocking to me that Malcolm X had a very violent childhood. His adultho
Felipe Alfaro
A good short little introduction to Malcolm X. It was interesting to read about his Islamic beliefs. He was first a member of the Nation of Islam which is a black supremacist group having little to do with Orthodox Islam. The Nation of Islam was started by a guy named W.D. Fard who claimed to be a prophet of Allah, that all white people are the devil, and that the black race is THE superior race. Orthodox Islam on the other hand states that the infidel must be killed and a great Caliphate must c ...more
Brian Sims
Jul 19, 2010 Brian Sims rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read Malcolm X Militant Black Leader by Jack Rummel. Simple, plain, clear & right to the point. First book I read on Malcolm X. I intend to read his autobiography (by Alex Haley) as well, but came across this the other day at a discount bookstore for only a $1.00. It's a Black American Series book that is well worth the read.
Alejandro Camacho
I thought the book was very good for all the facts that it gave me all the facts that I need this book so it changed my life by the point of views I get now in the days. It talked how his parents lived his brothers and sisters and the Ku Kluks Klan. So if you like history this book is just for you.
Fatma S
Feb 10, 2017 Fatma S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a biography on Malcolm X who was a civil rights leader. I like it a lot because it talks about the black struggle, and takes you on his journey.
Charles
A good, concise introduction to Malcolm X. Well written and interesting. I'd give it more than 3 stars probably but it is very short, less than 100 pages.
Tanya Windham
Tanya Windham rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2010
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Sharazad
Sharazad rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2009
Mando
Mando rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2013
Winmyria Roberts
Winmyria Roberts rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2014
Jaque
Jaque rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2011
The Phoenix  or the Flame
The Phoenix or the Flame rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Joseph Young
Joseph Young rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2010
Arlena
Arlena rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2011
Heshima
Heshima rated it liked it
May 02, 2011
Logun Carlson
Logun Carlson rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2011
Robin C. Rock
Robin C. Rock rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Western Allegheny
Western Allegheny rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2011
Zhane'
Zhane' marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Kyesha
Kyesha added it
May 21, 2013
Savaughn Granville
Savaughn Granville marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Man C.
Man C. marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Al-Malik Shabazz
Al-Malik Shabazz marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Kalani
Kalani added it
Jul 22, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2017
Thamrong
Thamrong marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Zhane'
Zhane' added it
Mar 08, 2013
Since 1978, Jack Rummel has been writing music reviews for The Rag Times and other publications. He is a ragtime composer, author, performer and recording artist. His weekly radio program, "Ragtime America," has been broadcast continuously in the Denver, Colorado area since 1980 and can be heard on the Web at http://www.kgnu.org. In 2005, he received the Scott Joplin Award from the Scott Joplin Fo ...more
More about Jack Rummel...