Start by marking “First Love, Last Love” as Want to Read:
First Love, Last Love

First Love, Last Love

The Odds Were Really Stacked Against Them

Alexander Blair was almost twice Lauri's age. He also owned the company where she was a typist -- definitely out of her league. And he changed his girl friends at regular intervals. She despised that type of man. All they had in common was a strong, undeniable attraction for each other.

"In my experience, familiarity always leads t
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #443, 192 pages
Published July 1981 by Harlequin Presents

To ask other readers questions about First Love, Last Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Love, Last Love

Melanie♥
Oct 17, 2010 Melanie♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
This was an unashamedly un-PC book with a heroine who was really too young to be a heroine and a hero who felt a slap was the solution to hysteria. But I liked it despite all this. The heroine made me smile and the second twist in the story actually caught me by surprise. Four Stars.
Jacqueline
I'm giving this 4 stars for the old school factor. The heroine is much younger than the hero but that was very common for the time it was written, although just on the tag end of that era in romance. So it was mentioned but wasn't a huge issue. Still I did feel that the heroine was written fairly convincingly as young. The best part was really her feisty character. It wasn't put on at all and the hero just had to learn to deal. I didn't like the hero as well. It did bother me that he slapped her ...more
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it it was ok
Shelves: harlequin

WHEN THE HEROINE WAS FIRST DESCRIBED, I PICTURED HER LIKE THIS:

Photobucket

AND I ALMOST STOPPED READING RIGHT THEN

UNTIL I CAME TO TERMS WITH HER ANNIE DESCRIPTION AND DECIDED TO PICTURE HER MORE LIKE THIS:

Photobucket

NOW THAT, I COULD COPE WITH AND TAKE SERIOUSLY, EVEN IF SHE DID HAVE A "MOP OF RED CURLS"

In the end, this still wasn't a very good book. The hero was an ass and the heroine was immature. Maybe they deserve each other.
Tia
Aug 30, 2016 Tia rated it liked it
My only issue with this novel is the hero boarders on rape for a while and he comments on rape as if it's the thing to do. It disgusted me.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Adanna
Aug 07, 2014 Adanna rated it really liked it
Mm mm mm....shameless! I just about closed the book when i saw the h was only 17 and the H was 34, not to menton the orphan annie description didnt help matters! I was like what type of pedo romance is this going to be? But i read it and I was surprised that even tho the h was only 17 she was no simpering idiot; she is sassy, headstrong and stood her ground to the bossy domineering H. I despise when the h are made to be weak and easily reduced to breathlessness and heaving bosoms with just a ...more
Yvonne Gom
Jun 18, 2013 Yvonne Gom rated it liked it
Omg. This book is so wrong on many levels. The heroine is too young at 17. Hero btw is 34. Age gap too wide. Hero slaps heroine more than once... And he harasses her at work. I'm suprised i actually finished the book.
Sheila Melo
Strong Writing But Dated Characterizations

FINAL DECISION: The writing of this story is strong and in its time it was right in the center of romance books, but not the ages of the heroine (17) and the hero (34) in the contemporary romance is just creepy.

THE STORY: Lauri Prescott is seventeen years old and just started a job in the typing pool. A run in with her boss, Alexander Blair creates sparks. The two agree that they will spend some time together in order that familiarity dampen their react
Nicole P
Nov 18, 2016 Nicole P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

One of the old styled HP books with the hero being very arrogant, yet I enjoyed it because the h was very feisty.
The storyline was interesting and was played out well.
Shen
Oct 16, 2016 Shen rated it really liked it
The h is 17 years younger than the H. I expected her to be childish and weepy, but she was strong, sassy and never backed down from his arrogance. I absolutely loved her. I also liked that the age difference wasn't played up in the book (still pervy though). It was a fun read because the h was amazing!
Hemavathy DM Suppiah
Jun 01, 2016 Hemavathy DM Suppiah rated it did not like it
Exceptionally boring book. Heroine Laurie was too young (only just turned 17), immature, lost her temper very easily, and irresponsible. There was no chemistry between her and the hero Alexander, they had nothing in common and CM never really built up the romance or explained why he was pursuing her. For a millionaire and the head of a large company it was never explained what he wanted with her. And when the reason was finally revealed it was really rather lame.

Laurie was really annoying too,
phoebess
Aug 12, 2016 phoebess rated it did not like it
I don't know why but in my head the heroine was always yelling like she was having some kind of a fit. She was so immature I wouldn't spend a minute with her to know her better. And the hero was such an arrogant ass. Bah! I think they both gave me a migraine. All that and very predictable plot twist was just... too much.
Liyah
Mar 10, 2015 Liyah rated it really liked it
Loved it!!!
The story was really cute!
The h was awesome! Yes she was a bit childish and immature but she's only 17....
I'd have liked it more if the h was a couple of years older... 17 seems really young!
Lee
Apr 07, 2015 Lee rated it it was amazing
We all remember our first, right? This was the first Mills & Boon I ever read. Although I now see some inappropriate moments throughout, I loved it. End of.
Denise Mcdonald
Jun 20, 2016 Denise Mcdonald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love

I love all the little quirks of Laurie, she is one in a million. The HEA is something else as well.
brenda jennlngs
Dec 17, 2015 brenda jennlngs rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The absolute worst book I have ever read

Do not waste your money!!!!I gave it a one simply because you could go Lower! This is such a boring book
Noemail
Might have 3 copies
Lin
Lin rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2011
Rach Roberts
Rach Roberts rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Jovy
Jovy rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2016
Ayimas
Ayimas rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Missy
Missy rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Char
Char rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2010
08164589848 rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Turtle
Turtle rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Forbidden Fire
  • The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688)
  • Green Lightning
  • The Trophy Husband
  • Dark Illusion
  • The Mating Season (Kansas, Americana, #16)
  • Istri Simpanan
  • Dark Summer Dawn
  • Waves of Fire
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • Perkawinan (The Wedding)
  • Daughter of Hassan
  • The Loving Trap
  • Notorious
  • The Reluctant Fiancee
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...