Start by marking “Scribbleboy” as Want to Read:
Scribbleboy

Scribbleboy

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  232 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Bailey arrives in a new neighbourhood with his extraordinary family. He has no friends but receives a mysterious invitation to join the Scribbleboy Fan Club. The one and only founding member is Ziggy Fuzz. His vital mission is to spread the word about Scribbleboy and his amazing scribbles which years ago transformed the gloomy grey concrete of the neighbourhood.
World Book Day Edition 2002
Published (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Scribbleboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scribbleboy

Hannah Rose
Jan 07, 2014 Hannah Rose rated it it was amazing
So much nostalgia. My absolute favourite book as a kid (aside from the Harry Potters) I must've re-read it 15 times. Time to dig it out of the attic I think.
Mariam K
Jul 23, 2015 Mariam K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, childhood
like if you were to shove all your dreams and nightmares and fantasies in a single book. it would be this one. i don't even have any more words to describe this one. heart eyes tbh

not read in 2015
Lucy Poulson
Jul 22, 2013 Lucy Poulson rated it it was amazing
Scribbletations Scribbler,

This is possibly the best children's book I have ever read. Whenever I read this book it brings back such happy summer memories as I reread this book for many summers in a row.

It is especially fantastic for children from unusual family situations. Ridley has fantastic insight into how children cope and feel in a tough family setting.

I recommend this book to everyone, old and young. It's vibrant, the characters are amongst the most imaginative ever created and there is
Melusine Parry
Strangely endearing despite an exhausting tone of constant hysteria. Full of fantasy and fun.
Manasa
Sep 06, 2013 Manasa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to all children who enjoy crazy books like me
Recommended to Manasa by: my sweet dad
It was a very good book. It is FANTSTIC. Iam tempted to read it over and over again. PHILIP RIDLEY is a very imaginative author. the characters in the book are Baily; Ziggy; Monty; Tiffany; Skipper; Mr.silk; Mrs.silk; Ma galmrock; Pa punrock; Levi Toot; Hip - hop; Be - bop Shoo - wop and scribbleboy [The main man]. Years ago, he transformed them gloomy grey concreat into glittering colours. It took many days for me to finish, but i enjoyed the journey of the funny & crazy book.
Viktoria
May 29, 2010 Viktoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, children
what a beautiful story! funny and crazy characters that are all very likable. and they'r all speaking diffrently. very simple way to characterize and this is just making it a fun read.
ridley finds the right dosage between what's real and what's fantasy or what even could be magic.
i just think the ending is a bit cheesy. not that i don't want that for bailey...
Muriel Detal
Oct 12, 2012 Muriel Detal rated it it was amazing
This book i clearly remember my teacher in grade 5 or 6, reading it to the whole class. After we finished the book we were told to design our own cover of Scribbleboy. FANTASTIC book, Philip Ridley is an amazing writer for Children's books, he could really create beautifully & shape out the imagination of kids minds.
Jenny
Mar 30, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Can't decide what I think of this book. I think some kids will enjoy it and I enjoyed some parts but some parts were a little annoying (perhaps it was the audio and not the book, though?, I'm not sure...). Tiffany's over use of "sweetheart" drove me crazy, for instance.
Alexiss, x
Jul 19, 2007 Alexiss, x rated it really liked it
i read this book in primary school and i quite liked it it is about children who are loking for thier child leader so they chose an ordanairy boy who the name scrible boy and becomes thier leader
Jaz
One of my favourite childhood books. When I think of Philip Ridley's writing I imagine fireworks in my brain, he is so very unique.
Jessica Turner
Jessica Turner rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Lil
Lil rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 15, 2016
Saeed Smith
Saeed Smith rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Sneha
Sneha marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Firefly Jar
Firefly Jar marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Hannah Rasmussen
Hannah Rasmussen rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Harriet
Harriet rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Jcka
Jcka rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Jade Ward
Jade Ward marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Rickylib
Rickylib marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Rachel May
Rachel May rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
NotYourSunshine
NotYourSunshine marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Literacy  For Pleasure
Literacy For Pleasure marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Adon Endersby
Adon Endersby rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: number of pages 4 10 May 17, 2014 07:09AM
What's The Name o...: Children's Book of Boy/Girl who spray paints the sky [s] 4 87 Nov 02, 2012 10:06PM
  • Harry and the Wrinklies
  • Mennyms Under Siege (Mennyms, #3)
  • Phantom of Blood Alley (Barnaby Grimes, # 4)
  • Burning Issy
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf
  • The Virgin Soldiers
  • Gotham Academy #3
  • Moondial
  • The Book of Secrets (Mister Max, #2)
  • Unmentionable! (Uncollected)
  • Empty World
  • Applewhites at Wit's End (Applewhites, #2)
  • The Mother-In-Law Cure
  • A Taste of Heaven
  • Frost Hollow Hall
  • The Double Shadow
  • The Wig in the Window (Young and Yang, #1)