Scribbleboy

Scribbleboy

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Bailey arrives in a new neighbourhood with his family. He has no friends but receives a mysterious invitation to join the Scribbleboy Fan Club. Swept along in plans to discover the identity of the mythical artist, Bailey carries on his work so the scribbles start again and eventually he discovers the scribbleboy is in fact a scribblegirl.
Published August 8th 2007 by Puffin Bks (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Scribbleboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scribbleboy

Hannah Rose
So much nostalgia. My absolute favourite book as a kid (aside from the Harry Potters) I must've re-read it 15 times. Time to dig it out of the attic I think.
Lucy Poulson
Scribbletations Scribbler,

This is possibly the best children's book I have ever read. Whenever I read this book it brings back such happy summer memories as I reread this book for many summers in a row.

It is especially fantastic for children from unusual family situations. Ridley has fantastic insight into how children cope and feel in a tough family setting.

I recommend this book to everyone, old and young. It's vibrant, the characters are amongst the most imaginative ever created and there is...more
Manasa
Sep 06, 2013 Manasa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to all children who enjoy crazy books like me
Recommended to Manasa by: my sweet dad
It was a very good book. It is FANTSTIC. Iam tempted to read it over and over again. PHILIP RIDLEY is a very imaginative author. the characters in the book are Baily; Ziggy; Monty; Tiffany; Skipper; Mr.silk; Mrs.silk; Ma galmrock; Pa punrock; Levi Toot; Hip - hop; Be - bop Shoo - wop and scribbleboy [The main man]. Years ago, he transformed them gloomy grey concreat into glittering colours. It took many days for me to finish, but i enjoyed the journey of the funny & crazy book.
Viktoria
what a beautiful story! funny and crazy characters that are all very likable. and they'r all speaking diffrently. very simple way to characterize and this is just making it a fun read.
ridley finds the right dosage between what's real and what's fantasy or what even could be magic.
i just think the ending is a bit cheesy. not that i don't want that for bailey...
Muriel Detal
This book i clearly remember my teacher in grade 5 or 6, reading it to the whole class. After we finished the book we were told to design our own cover of Scribbleboy. FANTASTIC book, Philip Ridley is an amazing writer for Children's books, he could really create beautifully & shape out the imagination of kids minds.
Jenny
Can't decide what I think of this book. I think some kids will enjoy it and I enjoyed some parts but some parts were a little annoying (perhaps it was the audio and not the book, though?, I'm not sure...). Tiffany's over use of "sweetheart" drove me crazy, for instance.
Alexiss, x
i read this book in primary school and i quite liked it it is about children who are loking for thier child leader so they chose an ordanairy boy who the name scrible boy and becomes thier leader
Hannah
The nostalgia, it's pulling me down! I used to love this one. So crazy good.
Hamail
Hamail marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Mutia
Mutia added it
Jul 26, 2014
Niamh
Niamh added it
Jul 25, 2014
Olivier
Olivier marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: number of pages 4 10 May 17, 2014 07:09AM
What's The Name o...: Children's Book of Boy/Girl who spray paints the sky [s] 4 80 Nov 02, 2012 10:06PM
Kasper in the Glitter Krindlekrax In the Eyes of Mr Fury Dakota of the White Flats Meteorite Spoon