Start by marking “Snowy: A Sequel to the Cheerleader” as Want to Read:
Snowy: A Sequel to the Cheerleader

Snowy: A Sequel to the Cheerleader (The Snowy Series #2)

What happens when ex-cheerleaders grow up?For Snowy, the cute, blond cheerleader at Gunthwaite High School in the 1950s, did anything ever match the glory of those years?This is the story that the multitudes of fans of the best-selling THE CHEERLEADER, have clamored for, a story that new readers will respond to with equal eagerness. While chronicling Snowy's next thirty ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Frigate Books (first published September 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Snowy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowy

Lisa
Aug 27, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it
Recommends it for: "The Cheerleader" fans
Will she or won't she hook back up with Tom? Don't read any further if you don't want to know. I have to say, considering "The Cheerleader" is one of the best books ever written in this genre, the first two-thirds of "Snowy" is profoundly disappointing. The author wastes too many words repeating events that happened in the first book for the apparent benefit of new readers. It has to be for new readers, because I can assure you that no one who ever read "The Cheerleader" forgot who Dudley was, ...more
Joanne
Nov 06, 2011 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I loved the 1st book The Cheerleader, the story following Snowy through college to her late 40s lacked enthusiasm for me. Some of the story skipped years, which is fine, but seemed more sketchy and incomplete than Snowy and friends during their high school years which included a lot of fashion, cultural references and fads of the time. Maybe it was just the glory days were behind them and adult life is more mundane.

Snowy actually came across as boring and complacent in the later half of t
Shelley
Jul 07, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, 2014, 2011
2014: I still love it. I love all of them, and I love visiting with them again. I love how it starts in the 60s, in a time where they had to buy fake wedding rings to spend a night in a hotel and she worries every time that they'll be caught by the hotel cop and sent to jail, and ends in the 80s, where Bev's daughter doesn't even need to get married.

I wish we knew Alan better - I love the first time they met, and I love the beginning of their relationship, but by skipping around so much, we lose
Vicki
Jun 04, 2012 Vicki rated it did not like it
Be careful what you wish for! I read The Cheerleader in high school and absolutely loved it. I wanted to be Snowy because, despite her insecurities, she was an honor student, a cheerleader and got the boy of her dreams. I often wondered what happened to her, Tom, Bev, Puddles and the rest of the gang, and how her life turned out. Unfortunately, I found out in Snowy. Of course, I could have saved myself some reading time by skipping The Cheerleader altogether since the author recapped it -- nay, ...more
Susann
Mar 05, 2012 Susann rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
According to my book journal notes from my first reading of this, I found the last third of the book a bit contrived. Funny how going through it all this time, I didn't think that at all. I was just there for Snowy's ride, relishing the details that MacDougall packs in. (I love Puddles' late-1980s Banana Republic outfit, exactly what one would have found during the the safari look days of Banana Republic.)

The afternoon when Snowy and Alan meet is one of my favorite scenes ever.

Last read: 2-5-07
Marie
Jan 18, 2009 Marie rated it really liked it
The sequel to The Cheerleader was a fairly good read. I found myself skimming some of it - The book takes up when Snowy graduates from high school and goes until she is almost 50. There are a lot of skipped times in life - I didn't tear through this one as fast as I did the first book. I did like it though. I'll be starting the third book in the series soon - It is a lot longer! I hope I finish it faster than Almost Moon.
Sara
Apr 06, 2009 Sara rated it liked it
This was a fine sequal to The Cheerleader, and again I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and was very invested in the characters. My major complaint is the fact that the book tried to cover too much time in too little space, I wish it had been separated into two or three more to give us more of a chance to become invested in the people in Henrietta's life after she left high school.
Kelly
Aug 05, 2007 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
As much as I like The Cheerleader, I like Snowy more. I like that Snowy had a real life after college -- that she felt like she had unfulfilled promise tatooed to her forehead, that she had a real marriage.
Amy
Sep 24, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
A welcome return of a favorite character (and her friends) and a solid bridge into her middle years. The last few chapters are bittersweet, but leave you confident that there is more to come from MacDougall.
Mary Ann
Oct 08, 2007 Mary Ann rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of The Cheerleader
When I saw this book in the bookstore, and realized it was the sequel to The Cheerleader, I bought it--even though it was in hardback, which is something that I try not to do. Not as good as The Cheerleader, but I didn't really expect it to be, and did like it.
Beth
Oct 28, 2008 Beth rated it liked it
Book #2 in the series, and my husband bought me all three in the series....more of the same, moving into college and beyond with Snowy and her 2 best friends, I liked this one better than the first.
Elizabeth W
Sep 14, 2007 Elizabeth W rated it it was amazing
Thanks for telling me about these books. How did I miss them? I love them and have enjoyed them all.
KC Heller
KC Heller rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Katie Maes smith
Katie Maes smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2007
Mariana
Mariana rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2008
Kelley
Kelley rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2007
Denise Romero
Denise Romero rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2010
Chewmouse
Chewmouse rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
Kathie Turner
Kathie Turner rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Kelley White
Kelley White rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Melanie Watanabe
Melanie Watanabe rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2007
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2008
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2008
Tacykelly
Tacykelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The Snowy Series (5 books)
  • The Cheerleader