Amy and the Missing Puppy

Amy and the Missing Puppy (Critter Club #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Introducing The Critter Club! Amy and her friends solve a canine caper in this start to a pet-friendly illustrated chapter book series.

It’s Spring Break in Santa Vista, and everyone has big plans...everyone except for Amy, that is! As her best friends head out of town on exciting adventures, Amy resigns herself to helping out at her mom’s vet clinic. At...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Little Simon (first published December 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Amy and the Missing Puppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amy and the Missing Puppy

Freya Hooper
What this book is about:
A group of four friends, each with a variety of interests are getting ready for Spring Break. Amy is stuck at home, so she decides to help her mother out at her veterinary clinic. When a client’s puppy goes missing, Amy is on the case, collecting clues and investigating leads. As her friends come home, they help her out, until surprise, surprise …. they find the puppy.

Why I love this book:
Early chapter books can be tedious so I am always happy to find one that has snappy...more
Elissa
Amy and her veterinarian mother live together next to the vet clinic. It's spring break and Amy misses her three best friends who all have plans during the week. As she helps out at the clinic, she meets an imposing character and searches for a lost puppy!

This is the first story of the Critter Club series and sets up future adventures nicely. Amy is likeable, as are her friends. I like seeing books for young girls that reinforces friendships. This was recommended to me by a young library patron...more
Jessica
I thought this was a cute mystery for a beginning reader. Amy is a strong female character, not some wimpy girly girly, who tends to look up to Nancy Drew therefore wanting to solve her own mysteries. This is book one of the Critter Club series and I can see it being a book series that is easily able to capture reader's attention to continue reading the other books in the series.
Great Books
Three best friends combine with adorable pets to make this mystery a "tail" to wag about. This fun early chapter book with larger type and pictures, relates easily to young readers the surprises of spring break and celebrates the happiness of friendship. Using excerpts from Nancy Drew books it allows readers a glimpse at an additional series. The sparkly book cover is certainly a clue to the light bright future of this new series with two additional books to be published spring and summer 2013.
R...more
Sharie
Jan 16, 2014 Sharie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: s14
Very good early chapter book. Introduces a love for Nancy Drew. Love a book that introduces the love of reading to early readers.
Mary Ann
Amy misses her friends during spring break, but she spends her time helping at her mom’s veterinary clinic. When a local puppy goes missing, Amy tracks down the clues and saves the day. With the reward money, Amy and her friends start a local animal shelter. This series brings lots of smiles with four likable, diverse characters and plenty of cute animals.
Richard
Fantastic book for beginning readers. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. It had a plot, which seems to be lacking in many beginning chapter books. The topic of finding a missing puppy was exciting for my daughter and kept her interested through the book. The chapters are short and easy to read. I will definitely continue with the series.
KWinks
Cute, easy chapter book. The mystery is clever enough to appeal to future mystery lovers and animal lovers will like the variety of pets. Large text and cute illustrations will be perfect for readers who are ready to step up from Easy Readers, but are not quite ready for larger chapter books. For fans of Daisy Meadows.
Elaine Wang
Amy misses her friends during spring break, but she spends her time helping at her mom’s veterinary clinic. When a local puppy goes missing, Amy tracks down the clues and saves the day. With the reward money, Amy and her friends start a local animal shelter. This series features four girl friends.
Ellie
Dumb. Kids will love this series, but this was seriously extremely painful to read.

ALSO be careful who you give this one to, the book starts with first-ish graders playing MASH to predict their future husbands and whatever and I can see sooo many parents being upset by this.
Joanne Palin
This new series of beginning chapter books will be a hit, I think. My 2nd and 3rd grade girls will eat these up. Combine four girlfriends solving mysteries with an animal shelter and you get a happy bunch of early readers!
Dana
I read this aloud to my kindergartner who loved it! Very simple story and characters with cute illustrations. Perfect for first readers who are just ready for chapter books.
Dizneeee
Peyton (5 year old niece) thought it was "amazing!" She likes Callie "Broccoli." Sorry, Callie Barkley!

Her favorite part: "They found Rufus."
Favorite character: "Amy."
Ratforcekids
Jul 02, 2013 Ratforcekids added it
Shelves: animals
This new series, The Critter Club, is sure to delight animal lovers. A great start for those just beginning to read chapter books. Start with Amy and the Missing Puppy.
Leona
Aug 31, 2013 Leona added it
Shelves: 2nd-grade, juvenile
don't think i can recommend this series. the way the text fills up the entire page isn't easy on the eyes, and the story and characters have no zip or do or dah.
Jill
A cute mystery about a missing puppy. It also has with a nice message about not judging people on the basis of too little information.
Kristen
Great for kids starting chapter books, reminded me of "Buddy Files" but with female characters.
Kris Patrick
Cutie cute cute. Books about pets are HUGE in my library. This series will be a hit!
Courtney Umlauf
Courtney Umlauf marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Sep 22, 2014
BreAnn
BreAnn added it
Aug 27, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Aug 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
All About Ellie Liz Learns a Lesson The Critter Club - Amy and the Missing Puppy Ellie's Lovely Idea Marion Takes a Break