Start by marking “Forest, What Would You Like?” as Want to Read:
Forest, What Would You Like?

Forest, What Would You Like?

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A forest details the things that would make it happy such as sun, flowers, trees, water, animals, and children rambling, climbing, and playing.
Published January 7th 2013 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Forest, What Would You Like?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forest, What Would You Like?

Edward Sullivan
A cheerful, colorful, poetic celebration of nature.
Amy
O'Garden, a NYS, Hudson Valley resident created this picture book after she played the role of Mother Nature to the Garrison Union Free School's Forest Celebration. In her author's note, she tells how she asked over 400 children the question, "Forest, what would you like?" Children then responded as if they were the forest. O'Garden then used these responses as her inspiration for a poem, which she then incorporated into this lovely picture book! She has captured the essence of all the beauty an ...more
Christel
The Spirit of Forest is represented by a green boy who is in all the wonderful illustrations. This was the result of 400 kids at an event giving input on what Forest wants. This book could be used in schools, library reading programs, homeschooling or just rainy afternoon reading to discuss what makes a balanced ecosystem and how to enjoy nature responsibly. Many types of critters and plants fill the book. Sweet and lovely and deep. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Th ...more
Samantha
A book that was inspired by a school visit in which the author played Mother Nature and asked the children in attendance Forest: What would you like? Using their responses the author crafted a poem which is brought to life in this picture book.

Watercolor paintings by the illustrator most well known for the Biscuit books are chocked full of intricate details. Each illustration consists of a vibrant foreground image overlayed on a softer, lighter-toned background image.

A great nature read that ce
Barbara
Accompanied by watercolor illustrations that allow the forest's features to be displayed appealingly, this picture book describes what the forest requires in order to be content. The poetic language describes the joys of the seasons, each with its own particular appeal, while also encouraging young visitors with their innate curiosity and joy in celebrating what the forest has to offer. This is a great book to pair with A Stick Is an Excellent Thing while providing a reminder of all there is to ...more
Meg
*****************I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

This was a really cute book! The illustrations were nicely done. I read it to my son who is 5 and he
is very interested in nature and wouldn't stop pointing to the different things he found in the pictures.

This is definitely a book that we will read again and again as there is more to discover each time we open it.
Christine
Beautiful and detailed illustrations accompany this poetic story that follows a forest through all the seasons. Children will learn about the plants and animals that call the Forest home and how important it is to think about nature and what we can do to ensure that future generations are able to appreciate it's beauty and grandeur as well.
Vicky
I recieved this book through good reads first reads.

This is a sweet nice childrens book that me and my child very much enjoyed readings together and looking at the vibrant beautiful photos.
A good selection when studying forests, forest animals, and seasons. O'Garden presents the idea of nature conservation without being didactic or seemingly politically motivated.
Lindsay
A pretty hippy-dippy text where a personified "forest" answers the question posed in the title. The answers would suit an environmental, Earth Day, Arbor Day unit.
Great Books
Explore the forest through all four seasons as you seek and find the many creatures who live in this ever changing environment.
Reviewer #14
Kim Patton
Written in a poetic form, the author asks the forest in different seasons and for different aspects of nature. Did not appeal to me.
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
  • The Monkey Goes Bananas
  • Ribbit!
  • Poem-Mobiles: Crazy Car Poems
  • Bully
I was a midwest kid who majored in Theatre and English, moved to NYC to act. It eventually dawned on me you don't have to audition to write and I could say things that weren't being said by the playwrights whose works I acted in, so I began to write in earnest. That ongoing effort has resulted in:

My critically-acclaimed play, Women On Fire (Samuel French), played sold-out houses Off Broadway at t
More about Irene O'Garden...
The Scrubbly-Bubbly Car Wash Fat Girl: One Woman's Way Out Women on Fire Glad to Be Human Goodbye Fat Girl