Start by marking “Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!” as Want to Read:
Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!

Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  358 ratings  ·  84 reviews
Can you locate Ladybug? A charming, playful seek-and-find adventure from beloved author Mem Fox.

Yoo-hoo, Ladybug!
Where are you?
There you are…
afloat in the bath,
with Duck and Giraffe!

Ladybug loves to hide. Come along on a treasure hunt to find this sneaky little bug, wherever she may be! Children will delight in this picture book game of hide-and-seek and will e
Published May 7th 2013 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!

Peg
“Ladybug loves to hide” and youngsters will delight in trying to find her amidst rooms filled with shelves, toys, pictures taped to walls, and blocks—and even in the tub! Fox’s repetitive refrain “Yoo-hoo Ladybug! Where are you? There you are …” leads each time to a scene where ladybug is indeed hiding. After searching, readers turn the page for the rhyming couplet that gives the answer and should easily spot the slightly larger, smiling bug. Ladybug isn’t easy to find as she is discreetly tucke ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
In this seek and find book the reader calls out “Yoo-hoo, Ladybug! Where are you?” Then after turning the page readers can look for the red with black spots that is hiding among the various scenes. Once Ladybug is found, a quick turn of the page shows a close up of where Ladybug was hiding (only this time with her face showing a large grin). This is a particularly fun book to read with youngsters who enjoy the I Spy type of books. However, it isn’t as detailed as the I Spy books (in that there i ...more
Barbara
Mem Fox's books are always fun to read, and this one is no exception. Young readers will love the repetitive phrases "Where are you?" (unpaged) and "There you are.." (unpaged) and the fact that ladybug is being addressed directly. Readers must look within the colorful digital illustrations to find exactly where that ladybug is hiding. What adds to the book's appeal is the fact that one page shows a panorama of the places she might be hiding, and then the following page shows exactly where she is ...more
Marcia
This is fun, rhyming, hide and seek book for the very young. It takes a minute or two to find little ladybug on each page, but the rhymes offer clues. I can see this one being requested over and over. I didn't care for the illustrations, which are rendered digitally and have the feel of clip art, but overall a pleasant book.
paula
Not only did I find Ladybug, but I found a kitty, a matryoshka doll, some blocks, a fox, Bob Staake's Bluebird, and a very familiar-looking penguin!

My choice for super-extensible seek-and-find picture book of the year.
Becky
Mem Fox's words and Laura Ljungkvist's illustrations? Yes please! Kids will love this book and want to find the ladybug over and over again.
Rachel
Retro-collage illustrations are wonderful with a sparse text that flows and rhymes well. Great interactivity.
Cemeread
Mar 12, 2014 Cemeread added it
Shelves: children
Yoo-hoo ladybug! Where are you? There you are...is repeated throughout this look and find book until ladybug escapes in a car. Ladybug hides among objects in the bathtub, on the stairs and in a playroom, giving children and the reader many things to talk about. Once the bug is found the next page gives the location with rhyming (example... in a box with rabbit and fox.) This book will create an enjoyable time for the child, who won't even realize literacy skills are being presented.
Nola
3.5 stars. A book by Mem Fox for preschoolers or early readers. Not really a story as such. The premise is that ladybird likes to hide and there's lots of repetition of "Yoo-hoo, ladybird! Where are you? There you are ...". The illustrations by Laura Ljungkvist are good and it sometimes takes a while to find the half hidden ladybird in each one.

I used it with a Grade One girl and she was able to read some of it. She also enjoyed looking for the ladybird.
Ina
This book is so much fun to read aloud, and so engaging to a small story time audience. Each page shows very detailed illustration in which a lady bug is hiding. There is a call, "Yoo Hoo! Lady bug where are you?" and the hunt is on. Turn the page and the reader is given textual hints to pin point her location. Great fun and very engaging.
Bambini Travel
Colorful and playful book that encourages you to look closer. If you know someone that enjoys I-Spy books, this is the perfect Mem Fox creation. Together with Laura Ljungkvist, they have created a game inside a book. Can you find the Ladybug on each page? One of our favorites by this exceptional author.
Kelsey
Readers will delight in their search for lady bug in this children's version of I, Spy! books. Mem Fox reveals each hiding place on the next page with a short rhyme. The book would be appropriate for encouraging print motivation or phonological awareness.
Allison
Mem Fox is brilliant. I saw this at another library and it quickly became one of my favorites to read to Ruby. I love a book that rhymes and has a nice rhythm to read out loud. The illustrations are really cool as well.
Caroline
Better for one-on-one sharing.

I used this in a "L is for..." Storytime and thought it would be fun for the kids to try and find the ladybug but the illustrations aren't big enough for a group.
Sheri
An upgraded see and find book. I always enjoy men fox's repetitive, predictable phrases and rhyming. These bright, colorful and diverse llustrations are fun.
Wendy Kuzma
Cute seek and find book. It would be a great book one-on-one book. The pictures may be a little small for storytime unless you had a very small group.
Melissa
My older and younger story time students enjoyed this rhyming "I Spy". My 3-4 year olds especially loved the repetitive "Yoo-hoo, ladybug!"
Britni Nichols
My 2 year old daughter LOVED this search and find book! Its really colorful and over all super cute. I'm not sure that its worth a buy, though because once you do it a couple times it gets old, as with any search and find book.
Dolly
Oct 15, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their younger children
Shelves: 2013, childrens, rhyming
This is a fun book for younger children that includes a rhyming narrative and a sweet little ladybug hiding among other toys and things. We love Mem Fox's books, so even though I was pretty sure this book would be too babyish for our girls, I wanted to read it anyway. They had fun searching for the ladybug (and they really had to search in some of the scenes).

Younger children will appreciate the bigger pictures that show the 'answer' to where she's hiding, as well as the repetitive words. Overa
Vicki
A fun to read aloud and I spy combo book. A great repetitive phrase and that listeners can join in with.
Holly
Carson loved yelling YooHoo Ladybug! Then searching and saying There You Are! Giggles ensued!
Sam
Cute little I spy story. Good for younger kids.
Marina
Good for an interactive story time.
Kristan
A fun, simple I spy story.
AnnieM
Cute look and find.
Ellen
delightful!
Nicole Entwistle
Yoo-Hoo Ladybug is a cute book for kids to find the ladybug. The ladybug is hiding in a different spot on every page and the reader tries to find the lady bug. This book would be good in a classroom because it can help children learn about looking for certain things.
Robin
It's always fun when a box of books comes in and I get to open it to see what books are inside! Today we had a mixed box of teen and children's books. After passing the teen books to another librarian, I started looking more closely at a few new titles, including this one. I love this because it's similar to the Can You See What I See?books but simple and easy for toddlers.
Erica
Play hide-and-seek with Ladybug. Ladybug loves to hide. She hides amongst the toys in her house. A great I-spy sort of book that kids will want to read over and over. One that I can see parents playing along with their kids and adding more words than there are in the text. Plus parents can have kids point to all of the toys and animals and name them or count them. A book with so many possibilities than just reading the text. Definitely a great interactive book for everyone.
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Have You Seen My New Blue Socks?
  • Little Mouse
  • The Things I Can Do
  • Night Light
  • How to Be a Cat
  • Some Bugs
  • Again!
  • Baby Bear Counts One
  • Windblown
  • Eggs, 1, 2, 3: Who Will The Babies Be?
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Brief Thief
  • Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar?
  • Peck, Peck, Peck
  • The Museum
  • Open This Little Book
  • Ball
Mem Fox was born in Australia, grew up in Africa, studied drama in England, and returned to Adelaide, Australia in 1970, where she has lived with her husband, Malcolm, and daughter Chloë, happily ever after.

Mem Fox is Australia’s most highly regarded picture-book author. Her first book, Possum Magic, is the best selling children’s book ever in Australia, with sales of over three million. And in th
More about Mem Fox...
Time for Bed Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge Possum Magic Where is the Green Sheep? Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes