Start by marking “Essentials Of Physical Anthropology” as Want to Read:
Essentials Of Physical Anthropology

Essentials Of Physical Anthropology

This mainstream, concise, four-color physical anthropology text is the best selling text in the brief physical anthropology market. It presents a balanced and thorough introduction to the field of physical anthropology using helpful tables, charts, photo essays, multimedia, and an engaging writing style to bring the study of physical anthropology to life for today's studen ...more
Paperback
Published July 25th 2000 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Essentials Of Physical Anthropology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essentials Of Physical Anthropology

Meherin
This book was assigned for a college level physical anthropology class but is written for a fairly uninformed ninth grader in my opinion. It was pretty boring and basic and had a good handful of scientific inaccuracies.
Paige
Jun 21, 2012 Paige rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was assigned the 7th edition for a physical anthropology class at a community college. I didn't LOVE it, and I found some of the claims made to be unsubstantiated, but it was a pretty interesting read. It was way better than the last anthro book I had to read--ugh!! I don't remember what the title of it was but this one was way better.
Lizzy
Jun 19, 2008 Lizzy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anthropology Buffs
Shelves: non-fiction, own-it
Okay, so I didn't exactly read this book for fun...initially. It was a book I had to have for a class, but it's a reference book that I go back to a lot. And, it was one book and one class I never complained about having to read or do work for.
John Ayer
The authors contradict themselves in several places and give various answers for the same questions but, the book seems to present a very good overview of the concept of human evolution.
Alannah
Aug 21, 2010 Alannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read the 7th edition 3 times and it'll be a 4th shortly. I actually quite enjoy it. It's for uni of course. But it's a subject I love so who cares. Great summary of palaeoanthropology.
Kristen
Aug 11, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this book for a 1st year university anthropology class. It is a great read and also has a DVD that goes with it. Very informative....too bad I didn't do that good in the class! lol
Mohammed Barri
Jan 16, 2017 Mohammed Barri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The authors really did good job simplifying this fascinating journey of human being in pursuit of answering what does it mean to be human? It is very clear and enjoyable.
Hannah
Sep 02, 2013 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Well-balanced" may not take into account some bias on Jurmain's part, but at least it was humorous... for a textbook.
Mahmoud Mansour
Apr 16, 2014 Mahmoud Mansour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2015
David Veto
David Veto rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Sandra Cobb
Sandra Cobb rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2011
K.
K. rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Karl
Karl rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Eric Sandler
Eric Sandler rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Alexandra Green
Alexandra Green rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Ethan
Ethan rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Miss Sarah
Miss Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2011
Hanna
Hanna rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
micaela
micaela rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2017
Chanel
Chanel rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2007
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2014
Chelsea Marie
Chelsea Marie rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Suzette Banick
Suzette Banick rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Conner
Conner rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Marsha
Marsha rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
joseph
joseph rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016