Start by marking “Man of Holiness” as Want to Read:
Man of Holiness

Man of Holiness

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  8 reviews
'Man of Holiness . . . conjures an image of a Divine Being, perfect and holy, filled with love and compassion; one who stands on the right hand of the Father, whose will is subject to all His Father would require of Him.' So writes Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone as he introduces his newest book. Intended to draw readers closer to the Savior and his prophet leaders, Man of Ho ...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Man of Holiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man of Holiness

Belcantomom

I had a hard time getting started in this book and couldn't figure out why. I have loved listening to Elder Featherstone talk, why wouldn't his book be similar? Then I was able to see the completely disjointed chapters, the chapter titles that were completely unrelated to their subject matter and the jumping around from paragraph to paragraph. This wasn't even a set of several talks put as chapters to make into a book, it was just kind of a mess.

You can feel the enthusiasm of the author, but it
Gwendolyn
Good book, uplifting thoughts and feelings.

While this book is presented as a novel showing an insight into the "character and compassion of Jesus Christ as well as examples of the holiness found in the Lord's modern-day prophets and apostles", it read more as a compilation of various sermons Elder Featherstone has made throughout his life. But this wasn't acknowleged outright, like Henry B. Eyring did in his book, "To Draw Closer to God", which is fantastic and one of my all-time favorites.

The
Tannie
How do you critique a church book? Hmmmmmm.... I liked it, but let me add a few words. I LOVE Vaughn J. Featherstone; I've heard him speak several times and I always enjoy him. I also admire his life and how much has done. For some reason though this book was a bit difficult for me. I thought he had EXCELLENT stories, scritpures, and quotes. I was interested in the vast majority of the book. However, it wasn't organized very well (at least to me) so I was confused when he switched topics abruptl ...more
Julie
This is a great book about Christ told by Elder Featherstone. It was neat reading different things about Christ that I never knew or never really thought about before. This book also gives some good insight to his life as well. Jesus Christ truly is the savior of the world.
Logan
Good book. The first chapter was hard to get into, but once I got accustomed to his writing/speech style, it was a much smoother read. I enjoyed it.
Cindy
I liked this book. It was easy to read, but added a different twist to some of the basic gospel principles we hear every day.
Julie
Good book to bring us closer to our Savior through extended knowledge of Him.
Shellie
Lean to be more Christ-like with this well referenced book.
Vern Howell
Vern Howell marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Seth Morin
Seth Morin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Jeremy Jones
Jeremy Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Eamon Golipardo
Eamon Golipardo marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Jennifer Harley lucas
Jennifer Harley lucas marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Misty Huch
Misty Huch is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2013
Tamera
Tamera marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Derek Maude
Derek Maude marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2011
The Incomparable Christ: Our Master and Model Commitment Charity Never Faileth More Purity Give Me The Disciple of Christ