Start by marking “The Cul-de-Sac Kids” as Want to Read:
The Cul-de-Sac Kids

The Cul-de-Sac Kids

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  11 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Kezie, Patrick and Jed are left behind when Noli moves away. The house on the corner is empty, and the cul-de-sac kids wonder who will move in. Who will play hockey with them? Who will supply the cookies?
One day, a moving van pulls up. But the new neighbor is not at all what they were hoping for
Published September 12th 2012 by Tradewind Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cul-de-Sac Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cul-de-Sac Kids

Darlene Foster
Aug 30, 2012 Darlene Foster rated it it was amazing
What a great book for kids. I love the cover and art work inside. The story is fun, fast paced and realistic. Kids in the city will relate to the situation of a good friend moving away. The idea of a step- father is very contemporay and many kids often wonder if he will measure up as a Dad. Ms Acheson has written a book all kids will enjoy; grandchildren, nieces, nephews, neighbours children etc. etc.
Caroline Woodward
Sep 12, 2012 Caroline Woodward rated it it was amazing
The Cul-de-Sac Kids by Alison Acheson
The Cul-de-Sac Kids, a first chapter book for 7 and 8 year olds, is one of those rare gems, a children's book with droll, understated humour, an unerring sense of child logic, and a plot rife with just enough pathos and suspense for that age group to handle. Full disclosure: Alison Acheson edited my recently released chapter book for an 8-10 year old readership and I can vouch that she is just as good an editor as she is a writer.

As I seem to have gone over
Gabrielle Prendergast
It might be kind of a cheat to call this book middle grade, because it’s really more akin to a very early chapter book. It’s very short (I read it in about 30 minutes) and peppered with black and white illustrations so it’s obviously aimed at a pretty young audience. The author Alison Acheson (who was my prof at UBC) autographed my copy to my daughter who is 8. She read it once and then picked it up and read it again that’s a good sign. There are a few things to recommend this book. One, it’s on ...more
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Natalie Mekhdjian
Natalie Mekhdjian marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Beth Wilcox
Beth Wilcox rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Cloud Citygirl
Cloud Citygirl rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
kawoodco
kawoodco marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Kathy Fugere
Kathy Fugere marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Laura added it
Feb 17, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
ah
ah rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Jgulliks
Jgulliks rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2013
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Jeyn Roberts
Jeyn Roberts rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
I live and write and teach in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, where I was born and grew up with three brothers. I now have three son. I suspect this is why quite a number of my stories are written through the eyes and minds of boys.

In this particular corner of the world, ocean and river meet, which is why it’s called Delta. My part of the delta is Ladner, and it’s an oddly prairie-like pie
More about Alison Acheson...