Start by marking “I Love Lucy Book” as Want to Read:
I Love Lucy Book

I Love Lucy Book

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In answer to countless requests from I Love Lucy fans around the world, Bart Andrews has revised, updated, and expanded his classic book on TV's most beloved series.

B & W photographs throughout.
Published August 13th 1985 by Main Street Books

To ask other readers questions about I Love Lucy Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Lucy Book

Tien
Nov 13, 2007 Tien rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: super bored people
Despite the really horrific artist rendering of Lucille Ball gracing a color of yellow only suitable for the box of Lemonheads, this was a great book when I read it. Lots of interesting tidbits about the creation of the show, how Lucy was a controlling freak and her husband a genius asshole. Best part is the episode guide in the back, which has a bunch of trivia that takes up room in my brain to this day.
Sharon
The "I Love Lucy' Book is divided into two, hefty sections : 12 chapters devoted to the show’s history and a detailed episode guide called the I Love Lucy Log. When I started reading this book I didn't expect to pick up much new information because like many other I Love Lucy Fans, I have the series on DVD, seen specials about it, participated in online discussions and have read articles online. Boy, was I wrong! Even though this book is screaming for an update (the last chapter was written befo ...more
Virginia Marie Rodriguez
My aunt Kathy bought me this book because she knows how much I love Lucy so I treasure it. I have to say that I wish that I could erase anything from my mind that shines even tiny bit of negative light on Lucille Ball or the show, true or not. This book is loaded with information and photos.
Kayla
If you want to learn all about the greatest television show of all time-- "I Love Lucy," then this is the book to read. It provides short biographies of all the major players in the show and then provided a brief, but detailed, account of how "I Love Lucy" came to fruition. Finally, it provides a detailed synopsis and account of every episode of "I Love Lucy." Highly recommend.
Aric Cushing
Pictures are great as a companion to the series.
Diana
It kind of read like a bad history book, it's made me a little hesitant to look for other biographies well at least written by people who weren't really there.
Stacey
If you are a huge fan of the show and the cast then I would recommend this. As for a book to read just for the heck of it, no, I would not recommend it.
Bridget
This is my I Love Lucy TV show Bible. It has synopsis of every episode, little known facts, etc. This is essential to every I Love Lucy fan's library!
Dave
Jul 30, 2008 Dave rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dave by: David E. Lepkowski
I thought that this was a prertty good book. It includes summaries of every episode from 1951 to 1957.
Joe Pfeiler
A great look into the making of "I Love Lucy". Many of the chapters parallel a season of the TV series.
Julie
Must have reference book for any I Love Lucy Fan - detailed info on all the episodes
Dee
Dec 28, 2011 Dee marked it as to-read
Shelves: paperback
(Must have tossed my original copy from 1999 so I just bought another copy.
Megan
Jun 26, 2010 Megan added it
I Love Lucy Book by Bart, Andrews (1985)
Karen
This book has incalculable worth.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Colleen
Colleen is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2015
Brittany Contardi
Brittany Contardi marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Sunny
Sunny marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
§unny A.  ··· )
§unny A. ··· ) marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Alvin Peoples
Alvin Peoples marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Katerinx
Katerinx marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Kellyswiech
Kellyswiech marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Mister Rabdargad
Mister Rabdargad marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Maddi
Maddi marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lucy & Ricky & Fred & Ethel: The Story Of "I Love Lucy" Loving Lucy: An Illustrated Tribute to Lucille Ball Out Of The Madness: The Strictly Unauthorised Biography Of Janet Jackson Tolkien Quiz Book Worst TV Shows Ever