Start by marking “Without Mercy” as Want to Read:
Without Mercy

Without Mercy

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Providing an account of her battle with an abusive man and with bureaucracy, this is the story of a woman's fight against a violent and tyrannical relationship, and her struggle to reclaim her two daughters, sold into marriage in the Yemen.
Published May 1st 1996 by Warner Books (NY) (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Without Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Mercy

Uzma
The book is a description of a British mother's struggle to free her daughters from modern slavery, who were sold by their own Yemeni father to husbands they had never seen and sent to live in some remote village of Yemen. The girls were fooled into the idea that they're going to spend a holiday with relatives in a paradise away from their hometown Birmingham. After the girls didn't return for almost a year and the father refused to share with the mother why the girls aren't returning, submissiv ...more
☾Sabrina Rutter☾
Nabil  Binmngash

I read this book and sold as well. It is not bad in term of the way it written. However, it does not tell you the real story of what happened. That is because there was always one side of the story !!!
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
Well written true account, I felt for the mother and girls so much.
However I had to keep asking myself what kind of mother lets her husband take their daughters to the Yemen after he had already left two of their other children there!?? How could she possibly fall for this a second time?? Either way it is a lovely true life account, f the cruel life women lead when in Yemmen, more so these girls who are 14, are forced to marry old men, forced to have children and lead a life where they are viwee
Lia
Μπορεί το βιβλιο να ειναι μια συγκινητική, αληθινή ιστορία ειναι ομως κακογραμμένο με πολλά κενά και πολλές ασάφειες.
Maria Kurtèn
A good book. Was interesting to read the mothers side after reading Sold
Janitag
The story of the Muhsens, told by Miriam Ali; a mother whose two daughters Zana and Nadia were sold (by their father) to Yemen.

A story of modern day slavery and above all, a struggle of a mother who would do anything for her children.

A story I would recommend for everyone.
Jenni
A good book of love of family. As a book its a bit too low tempo for me, and maybe bit too many people. Anyway, its not a mere book but a true story. Interesting, but not a must-read book.
Angel
Feb 01, 2009 Angel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Angel by: my mother
really love the way the author expressed her feelings and the cruelty she faced
Emma Pomare
Awesome! sad but very true :-( Definitely a good read if you get a chance. :-)
Leyla
Leyla marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Ameliaabben
Ameliaabben marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Islam Eid
Islam Eid marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
hoda
hoda marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Nampula
Nampula marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Sinem
Sinem marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • Honor Lost: Love And Death In Modern Day Jordan
  • Hytti nro 6
  • The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy
  • Escaping the Twilight
  • God's Secret Agents: Queen Elizabeth's Forbidden Priests and the Hatching of the Gunpowder Plot
  • Ivory