Start by marking “Firebird” as Want to Read:
Firebird

Firebird

What if God’s love were like the sun, constant and unchanging? What if one day you realized nothing could take that away?

Published October 1st 2012 by B&H Books

To ask other readers questions about Firebird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firebird

Tarama
Mar 31, 2015 Tarama rated it it was amazing
This Book is the best Childrens Book I have ever read! The Message is so easy to understand and so true, its not just for Kids, its for everyone.
Bethany
Oct 02, 2012 Bethany rated it it was amazing
Laura Dawn Pol
Aug 25, 2016 Laura Dawn Pol rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Our family loved this little board book! The colors were so bright and the drawings helped depict expressions whether it was happiness, fear, or sadness very good!

The story itself was perfect in displaying how God love's is always with us whether were going through hard times or good! The way Firebird understands this truth in the story was presented in a way where young children can understand too!

I think this is a great little board book for little hands to look at and have parents read! Ther
Gail Welborn
Feb 15, 2013 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Writer, director and film composer, Brent McCorkle joins with author Amy Parker to produce Firebird, an inspirational picture book for children ages four and up. The well-written message draws a simple analogy between life’s storms, common doubts and God’s unchanging love. Beautiful colorful illustrations by Disney animators, Rob Corley and Chuck Vollmer enhance the story and invite youngsters to pick up the book.

The story begins with a baby oriole that his mother named Firebird because of his b
Meg McGregor
May 08, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing

Firebird is a bright orange baby oriole who just loves the sunshine. But whenever a storm blows in, he frets and asks Mama why God allows the rain to take the sun away. When Firebird is finally old enough, his mother gently instructs him to fly up through the thunder and lightning to see what’s on the other side.

It’s a rough flight, and just when he’s about to give up, Firebir
Jeromy Vān dyke
Jun 09, 2015 Jeromy Vān dyke rated it liked it
I thought the book was for kids, but if I was a kid I would enjoy it. My sister did. It doesn’t have a lot of words in it. The book is in a movie and tells about the author.

The book is about a baby bird that wonders why the storms take the sun away. The mom tells him that in time he will know when he gets stronger. When he gets stronger and older, he flies up past the clouds. He finds out that the sun is still there. Now whenever the storms come out, he knows that the sun is still there and he i
Heather Jarvinen-Allen
My twin sister Holly bought this book two weeks before she died and told me how she thought the bird was so cute. Later when collecting her things I found it and read this book. I felt that she had bought this book for me and was leaving it for me to remind me that through the storms of life God is with us always. I know Holly is watching over our family as well along with our beautiful mother.
Tricia
Dec 12, 2012 Tricia rated it really liked it
A wonderful, uplifting story for children and adults.
The illustrations are beautiful and really make you want to leave this book lying around to read whenever you need a pick me up.
Firebird is a young oriole and questions why God allows the rain to take the sun away. His mother helps him find that that isn't the
case. He rejoices in finding out the sun is always there.
A thoughtful gift for any celebration in your life.
Linda
Nov 17, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing

This is the delightful and colorful story of Firebird who always complained about the rain hiding the sun until his mother challenged him to ‘ride the clouds.' An allegory regarding God.

Your children will love the many caricatures of Firebird’s many poses! They will have you and your children giggling in delight!
Daniell Jarrell
Sep 24, 2012 Daniell Jarrell rated it it was amazing
One of THE most heart-warming stories of all my life. I purchased this book for my 6 year old daughter who is a melanoma survivor diagnosed at the age of 4 to give to her as a birthday gift. This story is her life if I had written it myself.
Audrey Tribble
Aug 21, 2014 Audrey Tribble rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

This was a beautiful story of how amazing our God is and His amazing love for us. DEFINITELY a story worth reading over and over!
Catherine Lima
Catherine Lima rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Paul Owusu-acheaw
Paul Owusu-acheaw rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Millie
Millie rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Lissa
Lissa rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
Stacie
Stacie rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Karen Christmas
Karen Christmas rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Kim T
Kim T rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Monique
Sep 16, 2015 Monique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-children
This children's book is beautifully written and illustrated.
Molly
Molly rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Alyssa Fabik
Alyssa Fabik rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Amy Haynes
Amy Haynes rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Charlie Evertz
Charlie Evertz rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Ricka
Ricka rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Jazmyn
Jazmyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014