Start by marking “The Goblins of Labyrinth” as Want to Read:
The Goblins of Labyrinth

The Goblins of Labyrinth

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  737 ratings  ·  28 reviews
In 1986, the movie Labyrinth introduced the world to a set of unforgettable goblins from the minds of Brian Freud and Jim Henson. This book chronicles each of the creatures in detail, with all the artistry and originality for which Froud and Henson are known.
Published September 1st 2006 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Goblins of Labyrinth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goblins of Labyrinth

Tithe by Holly BlackThe Hunter's Moon by O.R. MellingThe Iron King by Julie KagawaDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningA Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton
Sidhe
36th out of 214 books — 50 voters
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollVoyager by Robin Craig ClarkThe Garden by Robin Craig ClarkThe Miracle of Flowers by Robin Craig ClarkThe Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales by Jacob Grimm
Beautifully illustrated
7th out of 41 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Britt Dowell
It's about Labyrinth, so of course it's amazing.
Larissa
Jun 30, 2011 Larissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
When a small, impossibly ancient, earthenware pot was first discovered in remote Olduvai Gorge its significance was such that it was promptly ignored and abandoned. Luckily it was later discovered and destroyed by Brian Froud. However before its destruction Mr Froud was able to discover a message hidden within this pot. And when that message was eventually deciphered he began a journey that would lead to the greatest goblin related discovery in history.

The Labyrinth, created by a goblin king, wa
Michelle
I was obsessed with this movie (Labyrinth) in the 80s and had the opportunity to meet Brian Froud, creator of the Goblins, twice at Comic Con in San Diego. I absolutely love his artwork and if you are a fan of the movie, you must own this book!
Federiken Masters
Mínimo, una carcajada por goblin.
Cuando lo relea seguro le escriba su correspondiente reseña.
An
Brian Froud is an inspirational artist.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
How could I not to know about this book sooner. Labyrinth being one of my all time favorite movies this book was really good. Has info on all the goblins, some you'll recognize and others maybe? Love seeing the concept art for video games and movies etc. If you LOVE Labyrinth the movie then this is the book for you.
Cheryl
Labyrinth was one of my favorite movies as a kid and this book is full of the wonderful character designs that made the movie so fun. From the beautiful concept art to the quirky, humorous text this is a great book for fans of the movie.
Julie
May 24, 2010 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Brian Froud, the creative genius behind Jim Henson’s The Labyrinth, presents his concept illustrations for the film in this beautiful book. Written as a long-lost “archeological find,” this book catalogues a variety of different goblins who allegedly lived 60 million years ago. It was a delight to see some of the original sketches that would eventually evolve into puppets from one of my favorite movies as a child. The best part was the afterward. There’s not too much content, but I love the idea ...more
K.D. Bissonette
Beautiful! I LOVE the goblins!!
Sadie
Absolutely beautiful art, but don't think this has everything to do with what you saw in the movie. The majority of the goblins are original fellows that you don't get to see in the movies, and each has his own back story, written by the wonderful Terry Jones. Tons of sketches and creature designs, with some gorgeous paintings. A lot of care went into creating the little world of the Labyrinth and it's denizens. Just don't expect to be reading about Jareth and Sarah.
Amber
I found this book for sale at my local library book sale and bought it mostly for the donation. I didnt realize it was an original out of print copy of the book, that features lots of great artwork and interesting information about the creepy goblins in the movie Labyrinth. Apperantly I could sell this book for upwards of $50 to $90, which is sweet! Not the most eventful read or anything, but definately a cool companion to the film and just generally a fun look through.
Racquel
An interesting collection of artwork for Jim Henson's film, Labyrinth. This version includes descriptions of the goblins as well as full page and two-page art pieces. It's a shame they chose standard middle page binding as it cuts off the larger works at awkward angles. A wider print and bound book would be more ideal so it didn't break the images. They're gorgeous as is, but it makes it highly disappointing to have the binding the way so often.
Dony Grayman
Ejemplar en buen estado pero con la sobrecubierta dañada.
DK Hoffman
Quite entertaining. Brian Froud has a great sense of humor. The illustrations are fabulous, as always.
Alyssa
A must for Labyrinth addicts like myself. Each page is filled with all the goblins from the show plus some that weren't, and their back story with quirky humor spread throughout. The drawings range from simple sketches to outright beautiful works with elaborate details.
Lila Brantley
I love the Labyrinth and all the creatures that inhabit that magical place. Brian Froud is a fantastic artist and the background the book provides on the characters is great. You should totally read this!
Leeann
A must have item for any fan of the Labyrinth. I love Brian Froud's work and I love Jim Henson's work. So their collaberation was amazing. I'm a fan of the Labyrinth.
Raerae
The Labyrinth is a classic--so anyone who enjoys the designs of the creatures in it would do well in getting this book. Froud is a master at goblins and faeries.
Charity
What kinda magic spell to use slimy snails or puppy dog tails.
Whatever Brian uses to inspire his goblins ..... I hope he never losses it.
Alegna
A very informing book all about Goblins and other creatures that could be found in the Labyrinth. Perfect for a Goblin 101 class.
Charlotte
Labyrinth art by Brain Froud with stories by Terry Jones, what more could you possibly want? Perfect for any fan of the movie.
Jasmine
Love the character design that went in to this movie!
Beautiful paintings and sketches.
Valerie
I would really like to have a copy of this.
Farina♥Moon♥Eclipse
This one is harder to find anywhere...
Luna
Gorgeous art! The writing is cute, too.
Meltha
Jan 16, 2009 Meltha marked it as to-read
Shelves: muppet-stuff
This exists?!?
Precila
Precila marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Scottalbi
Scottalbi marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
  • Labyrinth: A Novel Based on the Jim Henson Film
  • Strange Stains and Mysterious Smells: Based on Quentin Cottington's Journal of Faery Research
  • The Heart of Faerie Oracle - Book & Tarot Cards
  • A Midsummer Night's Faery Tale
  • Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 1
  • The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes
  • Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
  • The War of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #5)
  • The Fairies: Photographic Evidence of the Existence of Another World
  • The Arthur Rackham Treasury: 86 Full-Color Illustrations
  • Art of Amy Brown Volume II
  • Doctor Who Character Encyclopedia
  • The Marvel Encyclopedia
  • Dragonology Tracking and Taming Dragons Volume 1: A Deluxe Book and Model Set: European Dragon
  • De Historia Et Veritate Unicornis/on the History   and Truth of the Unicorn
  • Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas: The Film, the Art, the Vision
  • Spirits, Fairies, Leprechauns, and Goblins: An Encyclopedia
  • The Wild Wood
Brian Froud is an award-winning illustrator, author, and faery authority. His books include the international best-sellers Faeries, Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book, Lady Cottington's Fairy Album, and The Faeries' Oracle. He also served as the conceptual designer on Jim Henson's films The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Froud lives in Devon, England.
----------------------

"I paint the spirit and s
More about Brian Froud...
Faeries Good Faeries Bad Faeries The World of the "Dark Crystal" Lady Cottington's Fairy Album Goblins!