Threads of Silk (The Silk House, #3)

Threads of Silk (The Silk House #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Survival rests with Rachelle Macquinet, a beautiful young couturiere, and Marquis Fabien de Vendome, her dashing nobleman-husband, when Queen Mother Catherine de Medici unfolds her murderous scheme to
Paperback
Published January 1st 2008 by Zondervan

She Walks in Beauty by Siri MitchellA Tailor-Made Bride by Karen WitemeyerThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonCourting Morrow Little by Laura FrantzHead in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
Best Christian Fiction Book Covers
13th out of 661 books — 591 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Silent Governess by Julie KlassenAs Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers
Best Christian Historical Fiction
118th out of 801 books — 811 voters

More lists with this book...

Fam
This book was a little slower than the first 2 in the series, but still a very good book. Biggest disappointment came from the cliffhanger at the end of the book, with a promise for Book 4. When I couldn't find it, I contacted the Author and was told that the publisher decided 3 was enough. Chaikin then gave me a one paragraph wrap-up. Bummer! I would have definitely read a 4th book!
Bookworm1858
Summary: Rachelle and Fabien continue their romance in the face of Catherine Medici's plots and amidst impending religious civil war. Their families are in danger and they are in deep danger due to their beliefs and positions relative to the throne. With their deep faith, they must try to make it through alive.

Thoughts: This book starts rather thrillingly with suspense as Rachelle and Fabien try to stay ahead of Catherine Medici and her plots.

I guess my biggest problem with the book is that the...more
Katherine
I wanted to really like this book. And the story was okay. But I had a hard time keeping all the French names separate, especially since I was listening to it and I understand things like that better when I can see the words. I see that it is the third in a series and maybe I would have liked it better if I had read the first two, but at this point I have no interest. I really struggled just to finish listening to the book. I hoped that at least there would be some closure to the story if I fini...more
Carolyn
Eh, just couldn't love this book.
Julie
I liked the book; it's a really good story but it got a little long-winded at times. Also, the religious parts I tended to just skim right over them so I could get on with the story. I enjoy a book that is clean with a religious element, (like Stephen Lawhead) but sometimes it just gets to be a little too much and I feel I'm in the middle of a sermon. I prefer to read religious books that are non-fiction. Sometimes the fiction ones get on my nerves.
Cassie
It was an interesting discourse on the reformation in France, but not the spy story I was looking for.
Mary
Loved this series, but there will NOT be a 4th book. Very big climax at the end, and no resolution. Book 4 was supposed to be written in 2008. I have read several sites that say they contacted the author, and she is not finishing the series. How very disappointing of her. I would give this higher stars, but I cannot when it was so very disappointing!
Claire
I really enjoyed the Silk House series. The end of this book is somewhat of a cliff hanger and a note says the fourth book is to be realeased in 2008! One review I read indicated that person had contacted the author, Linda Lee Chaikin, and she had decided that 3 books in this series was sufficient. Too bad..
Cynthia
I enjoyed this one the best out of the series - maybe because Rachelle finally gets the love of her life:) The intrigue in the French court is very interesting and makes me want to know what will happen to The Queen Mother and Margurite. Chaikin does a fantastic job of making history come alive!
Summer
This entire series is a must read. I love the mystery, intrigues, romance, history, and everything in it. I love how the characters have developed over the three books. Now all I need is book four to come out. No clue as to when that will happen.
Qixochitl
The beginning was great, but the rest of the book - except for the last ten pages - was a little bit disappointing.
Robyn
amazing!! kept me in the edge of my seat!!! There was supposed to be a 4th book but it was never published!!
Afifa
het was echt spannend en leuk!!!
ik hou van historische verhalen en deze verdiend een 10!
WendyR
Very well written story that takes place in France during the religious reformation.
Akgooch
This book evokes tremendous emotion on the plight of young Chinese girls.
Natalya
Another spectacular addition to the series!
Loved this series, but where is book 4? :)
Breanna
nothing short of awesome
Lindsey
a ltitle slow
Nadine Smith
I liked the book.
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Pixy Winzenburg
Pixy Winzenburg marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
where is #4? 5 24 Sep 19, 2012 08:08AM
  • A Prisoner of Versailles (Darkness to Light, #2)
  • The Blue Enchantress (Charles Towne Belles, #2)
  • The Mark of Salvation (Scottish Crown, #3)
  • The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2)
  • Pirate of My Heart
  • Deirdre (Fires of Gleannmara #3)
  • Bittersweet (California Historical Series, #2)
  • Embrace the Dawn (Scottish Higland #1)
  • Castles: Maidens Meet Their Knights
  • The Country House Courtship
  • Surrender the Night (Surrender to Destiny, # 2)
  • Here Burns My Candle (Here Burns My Candle, #1)
  • Ten Thousand Charms (Crossroads of Grace #1)
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban...more
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...
Silk (Heart of India, #1) Kingscote (Heart of India #3) Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2) Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1) Arabian Winds (Egypt Trilogy #1)