Start by marking “Life As a Daymaker: How to Change the World by Simply Making Someone's Day” as Want to Read:
Life As a Daymaker: How to Change the World by Simply Making Someone's Day

Life As a Daymaker: How to Change the World by Simply Making Someone's Day

Go Ahead, Make My Day Make someone's day, and you'll make your own - that's the principal behind David Wagner's book Life As A Daymaker: How to Change the World Simply by Making Someone's Day. Wagner poses one questions: "Why have random acts of kindness when you have intentional acts of goodwill?" Life As A daymaker offers wealth of oppertunities to spread cheer, ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Jodere Group (first published December 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Life As a Daymaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life As a Daymaker

Jen
Jul 24, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it
A woman at a spa in Denver gave this book to me and my husband when we were treating our niece and nephew to massages after they'd spent 15 days backpacking with Outward Bound. She said she thought we were "daymakers." And she certainly was by giving us this book, as well as other kindnesses that day, such as picking us up from the hotel and driving us to the spa.

The premise of this book is simple: be a "Daymaker" by being kind. Make someone's day. That's it! But it's super powerful. Hair stylis
Debra
Aug 08, 2008 Debra rated it it was amazing
Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.--Edmund Burke
Karl Groll
Oct 06, 2011 Karl Groll rated it it was ok
The following quotes are taken from Life as a Daymaker, by David Wagner. Page numbers are provided from the hardcover published by Jodere Group in 2003, ISBN: 1-58872-075-6

---

You have not lived a perfect day until you have done something for someone without expecting them to repay you. We can experience the best in life by Daymaking. 8

---

Every three months I write down all the things I dream of being, doing, and having. Sometimes, I come up with 50 things, other times 150. Over the years, I have
Joyce
Dec 29, 2012 Joyce rated it it was ok
From book: Hairdresser David Wagner, a self-proclaimed "Daymaker," explains how he helped prevent the suicide of one his clients by just spending an hour chatting with her and making her feel good about herself. In this book, he admonishes readers to become Daymakers themselves by sharing their time with those in need of kindness.
Laura Rasmussen
Mar 07, 2015 Laura Rasmussen rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This book embodies all of the things I believe in: kindness, love, tolerance. A Daymaker is someone who changes the life of someone else for the better - even if it's just for a moment in a day. Making someone's day not only benefits the recipient; it also benefits the Daymaker.
Angela
Feb 29, 2008 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned I've been employing many of these principles for years, too. It was nice to have them validated. I also realized we followed quite the same path--within blocks of each other in downtown Mpls. in the 1970s.
Lorann
Apr 04, 2009 Lorann added it
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants to be happier and make a difference
Shelves: 2009-read
This is the book I was hoping "What Would Buddha Do?" was going to be... Filled with helpful advice, anecdotes and common sense. And best of all it is written by a local author - David Wagner - founder of the JUUT Salons.
READ THIS BOOK!
Jessica
Sep 13, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
Easy, quick, read. I heard the author speak and really enjoyed him and his story. His book is a lot of what he spoke about, but still enjoyed reading it. Plus, what a great idea, being a daymaker, making people's day!
Erica
Jan 26, 2009 Erica rated it it was amazing
A great book - quick and inspiring read!

On another note, David Wagner owns Juut Salons in MN, which I discovered over the holidays this year and love!
nikki
Apr 09, 2014 nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

loved everything about this book. it was an easy read that kept me engaged the entire time. Truly life changing.
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Laura Dohmen
Laura Dohmen rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
Amy
Jan 22, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
Great, Positive inspiration! Go out and make someone's day, everyday!
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Janna Huyler collins
Janna Huyler collins rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Brandee
Brandee rated it it was ok
May 14, 2012
Lisa Varra
Lisa Varra rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Claudia Frahm
Claudia Frahm rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Angela9600
Jan 07, 2013 Angela9600 rated it really liked it
A little cheesy but generally good.
Caralyn Killpack
Caralyn Killpack rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Jaimini
Jaimini rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
fyc
fyc rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2010
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Fadia
Fadia rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2010
Megan Kreitzberg
Megan Kreitzberg rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Heidi
Feb 24, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it
very motivating, and uplifting! Everyone should read this book!!
Deb Gillis
Deb Gillis rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

“Remember that just so much are you adding to the pleasure or misery of other people’s days… Whether each day of your life shall give happiness or suffering rests with yourself. – George Merriam” 0 likes