Start by marking “Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)” as Want to Read:
Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)

Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel #4)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  17 reviews
THE WORLD'S LARGEST GARAGE SALE...MURDER INCLUDED

An avid antique collector, Jane Wheel owns a lot of stuff. In fact, she owns too much stuff, which often gets her into trouble. So finally she agrees to do the unthinkable: she holds her very first garage sale.

Thankfully the sale ends almost before it begins, interrupted by a hysterical phone call from Jane's mother, Nellie.
Published November 1st 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Buried Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried Stuff

The Shoulders of Giants by Jim CliffThe Black Hour by Lori Rader-DayHard Time by Sara ParetskyIndemnity Only by Sara ParetskyMissing Persons by Clare O'Donohue
Chicago Crime Fiction
79th out of 133 books — 46 voters
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene HanffKiller Stuff by Sharon FifferAstor Place Vintage by Stephanie LehmannThe Old Curiosity Shop by Charles DickensThe Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Fictional Antiques & Collectibles
55th out of 79 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Katherine Rowland
Fiffer really wants to write about Jane Wheel and all her quirky pals, which is fine. But there is also supposed to be a mystery mixed in around the sidelines, and it is persistently pushed to those sidelines again and again. While Jane half-heartedly snoops for clues to who might have killed a journalist, we are treated to repetitive homages to Bakelite and mental sniping about Jane's mother. There are just too many subplots, too many attempts at red herrings, and then a sleuth who doesn't actu ...more
Lois
Jane is a tad too let's-think-it-all-through-during-the-narrative to read this series back to back, but I continue to like the people.
Ann aka Iftcan
Nice cozy. The heroine, Jane Wheel is a picker--someone who searches for and buys objects for antique dealers--and is also studying to become a P.I.

In this adventure, she's been called home by her parents when an old friend of the family is in trouble. Fuzzy (the family friend) seems to be having memory problems, and a body is found on his farm the very night that Jane and family arrive.

I will admit--I hadn't figured out whodunit by the time the killer was unveiled. Which is surprising, because
Amy
Jul 12, 2008 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a light mystery - nothing gory or graphic
I picked up this book at my church's garage sale, and appropriately enough a city-wide garage sale happens to play a big role in the story.

Jane Wheel is an antiques buyer who is also an amateur detective. A visit to her hometown lands her squarely in the middle of a murder mystery, while also keeping her in town for the garage sales. Her search for clues and her search for treasures are often one and the same.

I enjoyed Sharon Fiffe's writing style, and felt like the characters could have been p
Sally Myers
I am loving the Jane Wheel cozy mysteries. Fun and interesting, the perfect books for a collector of "junk"!
Quintin Reitzel
First of her's read. Not to bad.
Kris
Cozy read. Good characters. Fun to read about pack rats and pickers.
Jennifer A.
this one was my favorite yet, I think-- I read it in two sessions, because I didn't want to put it down. Jane does overanalyze things, but I like that she's finally understanding "why" she buys all the stuff she does, and was able to let some of it go to other people. I also enjoy the very complex relationship between Jane and her mother, and this book revealed a bit more about Nellie's feelings. She's not as unfeeling as Jane thinks she is, and that's nice to see.
Ricki
I love all Sharon Fiffer's Jane Wheel books! Great mystery, keeps you guessing right up until the end.The characters that this author brings to life are great! Jane Wheel and those she meets along the way feel very real to me. The mysteries are all wonderful, the scenes in these books ring true. You feel like you are right along on the hunt for antiques and collectibles. Good reading!
Diane
So far the writing is all over the place. There is no flow or logical progession to the story or the characters. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. The writing style leads to way more questions raised than answered and I don't find the characters or the plot thus far compelling enough to continue.
Becca
"I loved this, the 4th in Sharon's series. Maybe the best yet, takes place primarily in Kankakee and deals with a murder while also looking at the demise of Kankakee and attempts to build it back up. Deals also with Jane's past, her relationship with her mother, and helps explain her obsession with stuff."
Beth
I really like this series -- probably because 1) it is set in the midwest and 2) because the heroine might over-think things a bit but I like her philosophy of collecting. And now I want red Bakelite corn holders ...
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Jennie
I had to force myself to finish it. Saw it at the library and thought I would give it a chance.
Dale
Ckv book #4 in the series cute with a strong mystery element
Jane Wheel story
Corky
Jane Wheel number 4 - perhaps the best yet!
Tiffany
Very cute read
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2015
Sue F
Sue F added it
Mar 07, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #2)
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Miss Dimple Disappears (Miss Dimple Kilpatrick #1)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • A Spirited Gift (A Missing PIeces Mystery #3)
  • Shadows on the Coast of Maine (Antique Print, #2)
  • Deadly Threads (Josie Prescott, #6)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (Vintage Magic Mystery #6)
  • Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #6)
  • Working Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #1)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • The Bishop in the Old Neighborhood (Blackie Ryan, #12)
  • Murder of a Pink Elephant (A Scumble River Mystery, #6)
  • Anthem for Doomed Youth (Daisy Dalrymple, #19)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #18)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • A Killer Collection (A Collectible Mystery, #1)
  • Cold Case (A Carlotta Carlyle Mystery #7)

Jane Wheel (8 books)
  • Killer Stuff (Jane Wheel, #1)
  • Dead Guy's Stuff (Jane Wheel, #2)
  • The Wrong Stuff (Jane Wheel, #3)
  • Hollywood Stuff (Jane Wheel, #5)
  • Scary Stuff (Jane Wheel, #6)
  • Backstage Stuff (Jane Wheel, #7)
  • Lucky Stuff (Jane Wheel #8)
Killer Stuff (Jane Wheel, #1) Dead Guy's Stuff (Jane Wheel, #2) The Wrong Stuff (Jane Wheel, #3) Scary Stuff (Jane Wheel, #6) Lucky Stuff (Jane Wheel #8)