Start by marking “Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Dark Heresy: Innocence proves nothing (Dark Heresy)” as Want to Read:
Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Dark Heresy: Innocence proves nothing (Dark Heresy)

Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Dark Heresy: Innocence proves nothing (Dark Heresy)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy will be the first in a brand new trilogy of long-awaited Warhammer 40,000 roleplay games. Full of mystery, investigation and corruption, this book is an ideal introduction to the dark and gothic universe of the 41st Millennium, and marks the launch of a new gaming system that players have been anticipating for over 20 years
Published January 25th 2008 by Black Industries

To ask other readers questions about Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay

This is one of the best paper and pencil role playing games books I've ever read. This is the core rules of Warhammer 40k Roleplaying, and while set in the future, it's more fantasy than science fiction.

The flavor is gothic, and the players all work for the holy inquisition. Demons and psychic power are real and dangerous. The galaxy is populated by a variety of gothic distopias. The players must hunt down heritics, witches (untrained psychics), demons, and aliens. Science is not shiny and new,
Apr 06, 2008 Craig rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Roleplyaing fans of 40K
Shelves: mcnerdigan-s-pub
April 6, 2008: So far, so good. I'm about 50 pages in, and I like it a lot. The fluff is AWESOME. The system is a fairly standard D10-based system with LOTS of tables and charts. It's no Serenity, but it's still a good system with lots of potential and GREAT for background info on the 40K universe.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my friends to play a campaign, but I think I'm going to try once the semester calms down a little bit more.
My first experience w/a BL or GW roleplaying game (other than Inquisitor). I understand this is closer to the Fantasy version anyhow. It seems pretty straightforward, and although I have yet to actually play it, creating characters and background was on par with other decent RPGs. Fortunately it was picked up before it's untimely (and lame) cancellation by BL. I'm excited to see the introduction of other races to expand the universe.
Feb 18, 2008 Wayne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Role Players
Wow! This books is beautiful, and a very good read. Only downside is knowing Black Industries is closing their door after a couple more supplements.
For those of you who play the role and even have a passing intererst in Warhammer 40k, this is a good one.
Brad McWilliams
Nov 05, 2008 Brad McWilliams is currently reading it
Solid system, does a good of capturing the darkness of the 40K universe.
Bill marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
William Grady
William Grady marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Leó Páll
Leó Páll marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
BG Josh
BG Josh marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Plaguedoctor marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
David Stiles
David Stiles marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014