Start by marking “Simple Pleasures: Soothing Suggestions and Small Comforts for Living Well Year Round” as Want to Read:

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A wonderful sourcebook of ideas, projects, activities, stories, recipes, and inspirational quotations. Simple Pleasures shows us how to better appreciate the sum of our existence through the simple things that make up our daily lives. From the soothing art of taking a bath (including a warm towel), indulging in a homemade herbal facial, and the pleasure of a clean desk, to ...more
Hardcover
Published December 3rd 2005 by Conari Press (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Simple Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Pleasures

Carol Waller
Soothing. Some terrific thoughts. Some less so. Lots of embedded commercials for specific companies. Less resource lists, more go here-buy this. But I appreciate that some people prefer to be told what to do rather than discover pleasures of their own.
Georgia
I bought this book when I was going through difficult times: parents ill and then dying while I going through menopause. There are ideas for relaxing...making your own herbal teas, putting on a warm flannel nightgown right out of the dryer and some recipes for comfort food. This one I keep and thumb through every once in a while!
Amy
I didn't get to read every tidbit in this book before it had to be back at the library but I think I'll go in buy it. It's broken down into seasons and then in each season there are stories, recipes, suggestions for things to do to enjoy the most of that season - which can be hard in winter which is why I picked this up!
Tauni
This was a very relaxing read. It is great to pick up and read if you are having a rough day, and you don't feel compelled to read the whole thing at once. Many of the suggestions deal with enjoying the everyday things that we see to overlook/take for granted.
Very nice book :)
Stacy
This is my favorite feel good book! I like this book and the other one about holidays in this series. However, I looked at all of the other ones, and they are too similar to this one. So do yourself a favor and just get this one (and maybe the holidays one).
Amy Hassig
One book divided by the seasons chock full of quaint stories, quotes, tips, and recipes about the art of living well. Unfortunately, I did not get much out of this book.
Melissa
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Silverraven
Silverraven marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Tracie Montgomery
Tracie Montgomery marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Tracie Montgomery
Tracie Montgomery marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Mackenzie Brooks
Mackenzie Brooks marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Rick
Rick added it
Nov 29, 2013
Cathy
Cathy added it
Nov 20, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Fred Allen: His Life and Wit Paradigm Robert Taylor Air Combat Paintings The Devil's Pulpit: Or Astro-Theological Sermons Life in Genghis Khan's Mongolia (The Way People Live)