Start by marking “Comma Sutra: Position Yourself for Success with Good Grammar” as Want to Read:
Comma Sutra: Position Yourself for Success with Good Grammar

Comma Sutra: Position Yourself for Success with Good Grammar

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The author shows readers how to assume the position (sentence building made simple), add spice (using adverbs and adjectives to seduce readers) and use four-play (a kinky look at the four most annoying grammar pests).
Published April 1st 2005 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Comma Sutra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comma Sutra

Christian
I love a good grammar book. I'm somewhat a freak of nature in that regard. But I just can't help it. There's something passionate and inspiring about comma placement discussions. So, naturally, when I saw that this book was one of my selections for the Quality Paperback Book club, I had to actually buy it. I mean, with a title like this, how could you lose? I think punctuation's sexy, so it's about time we started converting the rest of the world.

Unfortunately, the book just doesn't do it. Inste
Gospodyina
Content-wise, this is full of excellent discussions and exercises on English usage, which I think would be absolutely ideal for an advanced person learning English as a second or later language. But it's also got dumb sex puns, as evidenced by its title, which someone learning English probably wouldn't get. I feel like they had the title and just had to do something with it.
Simulacrum India
An average book. Rozakis should have taken more trouble to
present a better account because of competition in this area.
How one can write this in a grammar book: The first 'word' in a
sentence should be in capital letters. Rozakis does!
A number of interesting books with novel approaches are
available in the market. Hence, this doesn't seem to be a
book one would recommend. If you are just beginning to read
grammar books, this is a good initiation, though.
Christa
Excellent book to help make one grammar proficient. Strunk & White is quite stiff when compared with this funny approach to good grammar. The author uses modern day lingo and situations to help you comprehend the irritating nuances of the English language.
Brian
Jul 13, 2007 Brian rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Elementary school dropouts
I was all excited about picking up a grammar book. I mean, hey, who doesn't like grammar? I was disappointed to find this book very basic. It might have been well written, but I can't really say--I mostly skimmed it.
Mysteryfan
Light-hearted look at punctuation, grammmar and plain writing. Discussess all those hard things like case, tense, etc. It even has little quizzes.
Sonya
Jan 29, 2009 Sonya is currently reading it
The title of THIS book appealed to both the pundit and the word-nerd in me. Another rec from Andree. :)
Ms. Doyle
Funny! Great examples and not as stuffy as Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Pamela
Feb 09, 2008 Pamela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: writers, students
Recommended to Pamela by: CJ Parker
Shelves: on-writing
another good book on grammar for the aspiring author
Amy Obenhaus
Who knew commas were so KINKY ;)
Niño Manaog
One of a kind.
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Elle
Elle added it
Sep 23, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Sep 28, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Kellie Wagner
Kellie Wagner marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Samantha Penrose
Samantha Penrose marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Dec 30, 2013
Katerina Kapp
Katerina Kapp marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Axel Blaster
Axel Blaster marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Ernest Hemingway's the Old Man and the Sea (Monarch Notes: A Guide to Understanding the World's Great Writing) The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creative Writing The Complete Idiot's Guide to American Literature كيف تتقن فن القراءة السريعة The Complete Idiot's Guide to Shakespeare