Start by marking “Fifteen Love” as Want to Read:
Fifteen Love

Fifteen Love (Girlfriend Fiction #15)

Mia thinks boys are immature. They only talk about cars and sports. They only think about sex.

Will has no idea what girls talk about. He wishes he were a fly on the wall. He wishes he had a tape recorder and a hidden microphone ....

Fifteen Love is a funny up-and-down story about a boy and a girl, a viola and a tennis racquet; about family and friends, flirting and true lov
Published April 1st 2005 by Walker Childrens (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fifteen Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifteen Love

Denise
Sep 01, 2010 Denise rated it really liked it
In "Fifteen Love" by Robert Corbet, the author switches between the two different points of view; one from a girl and one from a guy. The two main characters, Mia and Will, have opposite personalities which caused them to have a confused relationship. Mia plays the viola, and is adventurous and willing. Will plays tennis, and is just an ordinary, humble boy. Some say that fate had brought them together. Both teenagers go through a bumpy ride, not just in their relationship, but in their life too ...more
Katie Ford
This book is about a girl named Mia and a boy named Will. Mia is involved in orchestra while Will plays tennis. Mia is more on the popular side while Will is more towards the bottom. The two couldn't be more opposite. The book tells of the crazy events that bring them together.

I loved this book. It showed the craziness of teen life and how things can change constantly. I also really liked how it switched from both points of view. You got to hear both sides of the story throughout the book.

Any p
Kiran
Oct 01, 2008 Kiran rated it it was amazing
lov it
Beth Rodgers
Dec 11, 2014 Beth Rodgers rated it really liked it
'Fifteen Love' by Robert Corbet wound up being a better read than I felt it would be early on when I started it. The beginning of the book fell a bit flat for me. I didn't feel that the relationship between Mia and Will was explored fully enough. It was clear that they knew each other at the beginning of the book, but as they started to get closer and decide to go out, it seemed too quick, as though they should have gotten to know a bit about each other before just deciding to go out. That may j ...more
Helen
Jul 26, 2007 Helen rated it really liked it
This passage makes me cry!

"The second movement of "Spring" is a quiet, gentle number. It's impossible to say for sure what the music is all about, but because it's called Spring, I imagine a garden. The sun is shining, and bees are buzzing all around between the bright colored flowers. One bee is going about his business when it notices a particular flower. The more the bee looks at this flower, the more and more beautiful it seems. In the third movement, the tempo picks up, and the bee starts t
Beth
Jan 03, 2010 Beth rated it liked it
Corbet serves up a light contemporary romance that focuses on the difference between guys and girls, only to discover they have common insecurities. Mia Foley, a quiet and pretty violist, begins falling for tennis player Will Holland just as he is starting to fall for her. Narrative volleys from Will to Mia as they move from superficial stereotypes to distinct personalities.

The humor plus romance style may appeal to fans of Sonya Sones and Ron Koertge, although the writing and themes are not as
Amanda
Oct 07, 2011 Amanda added it
At first, I did not think I would enjoy reading this book because I chose it after taking just a quick glance at the back cover. I did not think the book would interest me because the story revolved around the sport of tennis and playing an instrument in a school's orchestra. However, I learned in the end that the book was really about managing relationships with family, friends, and significant others, at a stage in life in which you are not child anymore but not an adult yet either.
Nandar
I really liked this book. I like the way the author set this out. You got to read the boy p.ov [Point Of View:] and the girls p.o.v which is so different from any other books. And its quite funny sometimes but the thing is. It does star of good but it starts to become draggy kind off. I just wanted to scream out tht she shud just get to the point!
Jen
Aug 27, 2012 Jen rated it it was ok
There's very little about tennis in this story, it's a his/hers account of a budding relationship between two 15 year olds who are balancing problems at school & home. The story is cute, but it was lacking that spark of excitement or intrigue to make the reader care about the relationship. You know it will work out, but you just don't care.
Maddy
Mar 11, 2010 Maddy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was looking for his book for ages, and then i saw it in the library and had to get it :) it can get a little boring at times when the guy is talking about tennis, but other from that it is pretty good.
Elle
Jul 11, 2010 Elle rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet book about young love. I've reread it a few times, and have always enjoyed going back to it.
Olubukola
Aug 25, 2013 Olubukola rated it it was amazing
Fifteen Love taught me about first love and how you know when you truly love someone or if it's just puppy dog love.
Hannah Adelaide
Aug 11, 2014 Hannah Adelaide rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star-awful
Generic and irritating.
Kayla Giuliani
Aug 23, 2011 Kayla Giuliani rated it it was ok
i liked the way the story was told for the most part.
Grace
Apr 02, 2013 Grace added it
I thought it was cool that the book switched off between mia and will telling a part of the story in their words.
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2009
Danika
Danika rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2012
Gabrielle
Sep 17, 2012 Gabrielle rated it it was ok
I didn't really like the story, but I thought it was quite a clever title.
Emily Marenco
Emily Marenco rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
April Klasen
April Klasen rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2009
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2011
Bek
Bek rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2013
Mark Juniper
Mark Juniper rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Monika D
Monika D rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Step Up and Dance
  • My Life and Other Catastrophes (Girlfriend Fiction, #1)
  • Bookmark Days (Girlfriend Fiction, #9)
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • Dear Swoosie (Girlfriend Fiction, #17)
  • The Sweet Life (Girlfriend Fiction, #7)
  • Indigo Girls (Girlfriend Fiction, #2)
  • Cassie (Girlfriend Fiction, #8)
  • She's with the Band
  • The Not Quite Perfect Boyfriend
  • The Life and Times of Gracie Faltrain (Gracie Faltrain, #1)
  • The Wolf
  • Swerve
  • Finding Freia Lockhart
  • Secret Scribbled Notebooks
  • When Michael Met Mina
  • Borrowed Light
  • Six

Girlfriend Fiction (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • My Life and Other Catastrophes (Girlfriend Fiction, #1)
  • Indigo Girls (Girlfriend Fiction, #2)
  • She's with the Band
  • Always Mackenzie (Girlfriend Fiction, #4)
  • The Not Quite Perfect Boyfriend
  • Step Up and Dance
  • The Sweet Life (Girlfriend Fiction, #7)
  • Cassie (Girlfriend Fiction, #8)
  • Bookmark Days (Girlfriend Fiction, #9)
  • Winter of Grace (Girlfriend Fiction, #10)

“Love is an anchor -- it stops you from drifting away. Love is sticking up for your friends and family, or even your pets. Love is being brave and saying what you feel. Love is making music or playing tennis; it's doing what you want to do. Love is holding on and not letting go.” 11 likes