Fifteen Love

Fifteen Love (Girlfriend Fiction #15)

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Mia thinks boys are immature. They only talk about cars and sports. They only think about sex. Will has no idea what girls talk about. He wishes he were a fly on the wall. He wishes he had a tape recorder and a hidden microphone .... Fifteen Love is a funny up-and-down story about a boy and a girl, a viola and a tennis racquet; about family and friends, flirting and true l...more
Published April 1st 2005 by Walker & Company (first published March 1st 2003)

Denise
In "Fifteen Love" by Robert Corbet, the author switches between the two different points of view; one from a girl and one from a guy. The two main characters, Mia and Will, have opposite personalities which caused them to have a confused relationship. Mia plays the viola, and is adventurous and willing. Will plays tennis, and is just an ordinary, humble boy. Some say that fate had brought them together. Both teenagers go through a bumpy ride, not just in their relationship, but in their life too...more
Katie Ford
This book is about a girl named Mia and a boy named Will. Mia is involved in orchestra while Will plays tennis. Mia is more on the popular side while Will is more towards the bottom. The two couldn't be more opposite. The book tells of the crazy events that bring them together.

I loved this book. It showed the craziness of teen life and how things can change constantly. I also really liked how it switched from both points of view. You got to hear both sides of the story throughout the book.

Any p...more
Mary
An interesting read highlighting the awkwardness of being a teen with a crush.
Beth
Corbet serves up a light contemporary romance that focuses on the difference between guys and girls, only to discover they have common insecurities. Mia Foley, a quiet and pretty violist, begins falling for tennis player Will Holland just as he is starting to fall for her. Narrative volleys from Will to Mia as they move from superficial stereotypes to distinct personalities.

The humor plus romance style may appeal to fans of Sonya Sones and Ron Koertge, although the writing and themes are not as...more
Amanda
Oct 28, 2011 Amanda added it
At first, I did not think I would enjoy reading this book because I chose it after taking just a quick glance at the back cover. I did not think the book would interest me because the story revolved around the sport of tennis and playing an instrument in a school's orchestra. However, I learned in the end that the book was really about managing relationships with family, friends, and significant others, at a stage in life in which you are not child anymore but not an adult yet either.
Nandar
I really liked this book. I like the way the author set this out. You got to read the boy p.ov [Point Of View:] and the girls p.o.v which is so different from any other books. And its quite funny sometimes but the thing is. It does star of good but it starts to become draggy kind off. I just wanted to scream out tht she shud just get to the point!
Jen
There's very little about tennis in this story, it's a his/hers account of a budding relationship between two 15 year olds who are balancing problems at school & home. The story is cute, but it was lacking that spark of excitement or intrigue to make the reader care about the relationship. You know it will work out, but you just don't care.
Maddy
i was looking for his book for ages, and then i saw it in the library and had to get it :) it can get a little boring at times when the guy is talking about tennis, but other from that it is pretty good.
Elle
This is a very sweet book about young love. I've reread it a few times, and have always enjoyed going back to it.
Grace
Apr 02, 2013 Grace added it
I thought it was cool that the book switched off between mia and will telling a part of the story in their words.
Olubukola
Fifteen Love taught me about first love and how you know when you truly love someone or if it's just puppy dog love.
Gabrielle
I didn't really like the story, but I thought it was quite a clever title.
Chelsea
2 teens find themselfs and fall in love through the prosses
Kayla Giuliani
i liked the way the story was told for the most part.
Marie White
Marie White marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Charlotte Hale
Charlotte Hale marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Tara Davey
Tara Davey marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Janella Reid
Janella Reid marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Evelyn Sa
Evelyn Sa marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

“Love is an anchor -- it stops you from drifting away. Love is sticking up for your friends and family, or even your pets. Love is being brave and saying what you feel. Love is making music or playing tennis; it's doing what you want to do. Love is holding on and not letting go.” 11 likes