Start by marking “...Feels So Good When You Stop” as Want to Read:
...Feels So Good When You Stop
Read Book

...Feels So Good When You Stop (Love is Always Write)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  211 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Dear Author,
I work as a bartender at a bar south of the border. Came over on vacation with my lover, to celebrate our first year together, and ended up staying. Alone. See, the day after our arrival at the all-inclusive resort, I had to stay in our hotel room because I got the "curse of Moctezuma". By the time I felt better a couple of days later, he had found someone else
Published June 2nd 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about ...Feels So Good When You Stop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ...Feels So Good When You Stop

Fangtasia
When Oco said she'd take my pic and prompt, I rested easy, knowing it would be a wickedly good, salaciously erotic story.

Now that I've read it, I think it's even better than I imagined. And it's not because my imagination fell short, it's the author's talent that went long.

Erik's voice is so unique, I can almost hear him speak. His mindset and behavior are exactly what I had in mind. What better way to prevent disappointment than to not hope at all? Tomas, on the other hand, is the perfect man
Akansha
A charming short with an even more endearing protagonist/narrator. Erik's(the narrator) voice is lovely, hilarious and the writing really makes it come alive. He's so self-effacing and self-aware that it's actually a little heartbreaking. I just wish the conclusion hadn't been so rushed and abrupt.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Well...Poor Erik definitely had some self esteem issues, so I guess that is why he behaved the way he did, but even knowing the why, I just didn't really like him much.
The bar scene with Alex was just..strange!
And Tomas is still a total mystery to me, why Erik, what did he see in him? And who or what is Tomas?

All that said, I liked the writing and Erik's voice was funny.
Oco
Jun 05, 2012 Oco added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote
This was written for the M/M Romance Group's summer prompt fest (Love is Always Write). Was a lot of fun exploring a new voice for a character. :)
Emma Sea
Deliciously gorgeous, and then the end was so quick! I guess more would still not have been enough. Wonderful.
Julesmarie
Bettye Kanady
Nov 29, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
I don't know how I felt about this book. I can tell you that parts of it made me angry. I can tell you that I didn't smile once during the story. I can tell you the ending didn't even make me stand up and do a dance. I'm just left feeling kind of, meh. I can't say that the swearing in it was bad, because, let's face it, I, myself, have a Ph.D in Swearology and what I read is certainly not "swear-free". So that's not it. I can't say that the guy's lack of confidence was a turn off, I've read wors ...more
Yvonne
Had a nice & easy tone that I kind of liked but Erik was way too slutty & the exhibitionist bar scene performance in front of Tomas, among others, just made him seem spiteful & petty. Tomas was so mysterious but came across sometimes as a little creepy. That whole scene where he's smelling Erik had a slight serial killer vibe. It's not bad just hard to get into when you don't love the characters.
Silkeeeeee
This book didn't get the ratings I think it deserved. Why? Probably because it's from the POV of a big slut puppy. I liked that the slut puppy was speaking directly to the reader. I liked the sex. (Yeah, I know. I'm a slut for the sex). This was sweet in the end. I enjoyed it. Now I'm off to smoke a cigarette.
Virginia
I enjoyed this story in the LIAW event because it felt so real. How a guy Erik's age with a lot of bravado could act like he didn't care, didn't think he was worth a long term commitment and could feel that being carefree was all he wanted when it was anything but. Loved how Tomas saw below the bravado and saw that deep, deep down Erik wanted to be someone's only but expected disappointment so never told anyone and convinced himself he couldn't be long term so wouldn't go for it. Tomas' patience ...more
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I didn't really like the main character a whole lot. He was believable and well written, I just didn't care about him that much. I also wasn't attracted to the love interest. Again, he was fine but just didn't do it for me. But the story was good.
Victoria
I enjoyed Erik's rambling, more than I did the romance. Thank you Eve Ocotillo, for donating your time and talent.
Aiko
3,5 rounded up for free and fun.

Zendel
Nov 05, 2014 Zendel marked it as to-read
Shelves: free-reads
public sex.. i like that.
Audrey
4.5-5 stars. Great story with an excellent first person narrator.

It's easy to assume that Erik is only who he thinks he is - that is, that he's just a loose-living frat boy-esque ex-pat who only cares about his easy-come-easy-go lifestyle as a beach resort bartender. However, his thought patterns and sometimes rambling stream of consciousness also reveal a vulnerability and level of insecurity and self-doubt that are really eye-opening.

I love that Tomás had the patience and confidence to see p
Terra Noah
Um...hard to review this one. I didn't have a problem with the sleeping around. My problem had more to do with the many inconsequential side thoughts that kept distracting me from the storyline. It made the story drag a little. There was also the very strong voice that felt a little overdone at times. The many "you know?"'s got a little annoying.

(view spoiler)
Wendy Ann
Interesting story! Erik’s character was a little hard to warm up to. He was definitely trying his hardest to run away from Tomás (or really push him away) and made himself look like a real dick in the process. On the other hand, Tomás was entirely intriguing and I wanted to get to know more about him. I was thoroughly convinced that Tomás was going to end up being some kind of shifter associated with the water (because of his passion about the reefs, midnight swims, etc.) that I was almost disap ...more
Lila Leigh Hunter
A really sweet bad boy story with a nice HEA.
JLS
2.5 Stars
MountainKat
*3+ Stars*

Short and steamy with a side of sweet!
Melora
Even while I was undecided if I actually liked him, Erik's voice drew me into the story. His cocky and self-sure attitude attempt to mask loss, hurt, and a desire to be loved. I enjoyed watching his interactions with Tomás bring about a better understanding of who he is and what he wants.
Darkm
This is 3.5 stars for me.
While I didn't like Erik very much, because he didn't seem to know what he really wanted, or needed, I liked the fact that the story held my attention, and liking or disliking him, so did Erik.
Bookbee
Wow! Wonderfully written! Loved Eric! I didn't necessarily like everything he did but as a flawed person myself, I could readily identify! I would certainly love to read more about all of these characters!
Amanda
Erik has an...interesting voice. Although he was funny at times I really didn't like him, which brought my rating down a star.
I really liked the main character. This was a cute story and unique. Some of the wording was a bit confusing but I liked the first person.
Katy Beth Mckee
Cute story of life taking a surprising turn when you are busy not caring.
Syfy
*sigh*
A big old heart squeeze. Perfectly romantic, not one single complaint!
Nic
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Hard Ride
  • With This Ring
  • A Hard Dazed Knight
  • The Dangers of Fairy Compacts (Fairy Compacts, #1)
  • Call Me Burt
  • Dirty Play
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
In the mundane world, Eve Ocotillo plays a scientist. She escapes from the grind by conjuring tough and conflicted men and then throwing them at each other in romantic and not-so-romantic situations. Her stories range from alternate history to contemporary to science fiction and are influenced by her interest in diverse social issues, her fascination with the natural environment, and her fundament ...more
More about Eve Ocotillo...

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough
  • Dirty Play
The Violet and the Tom Esperanza Las Posadas Con Sangre (The Book of New Life, #1) Con Lagrimas (The Book of New Life 2)