Start by marking “Allah's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Allah's Revenge
Read Book

Allah's Revenge

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition of ASIN B0084HM8GU.

Islamic terrorists attack a London Underground train, slaughtering two-hundred innocents in seconds with a nanoweapon small enough to hide in a hint of perfume.

A shockwave of fear grips the western world--the crazies have a weapon of mass destruction that can be deployed at will and against which there
Published May 15th 2012 by PJ Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Allah's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allah's Revenge

Natasa
This was a good thriller. It was fast paced and I learned a lot of new stuff from the book (i.e. about Islam, about Israel, Palestina and it's surrounding countries...as well when I read almost all the plot is in US, so it was fun to read about London for a change).

Considering this is the first book from this author it totally deserves 5*.

I will for sure read any new books he writes in the future.
Benjamin Thomas
The current state of publishing is a double-edged sword. It has become much easier for new authors to publish their works and, of course, that means we readers must sort through the piles of coal to find the gleaming diamonds. And it also means those diamonds that are out there can see the light of day without being held back by traditional publishing processes. I am pleased to report that Pete Barber has written a diamond here, a multi-faceted, huge blue gleaming diamond. And I’ll do my part to ...more
Al
I’m a big thriller reader. Speculative fiction (fantasy, science fiction, and similar), not so much. What I liked about the speculative fiction portion of Allah’s Revenge is that it involved technology that, while not here today, could be. Nanotechnology is on the leading edge of science; the nanotech inventions and discoveries that figure in this story aren’t hard to imagine as possible in the near future.

There’s also a lot to like about the thriller portion of Allah’s Revenge. Building on a p
Effrosyni Moschoudi
A thrilling adventure with one hell of a detective!

I was hooked to this book from the very first page. This is a fast-paced thriller and quite a page-turner that has enhanced my reading pleasure but diminished my sleep time as I just couldn’t put it down. Detective Quinn was by far my favorite character, who was deliciously cute by being tough, but only on the outside.

The book comprised of a long list of lifelike characters that stayed with me, the main villain being particularly disturbing. I
Jodi Harrington
I wasn't sure what to think when I received this book. I read the first 2 pages and could not believe what I had just read - jaw dropping. I put the book down and thought about it. I went back to the book about an hour later and could not put the book down. This is a GREAT book - as oft the moment, I would say it is my favorite book. It's amazing, compelling, keeps you interested with every page that is turned. A++++ book.
Bob Rector
This is a story about terrorism with a capitol T. Anyone who thinks it improbable need only watch the evening news. Nuclear armed missiles fired from the other side of the world are Tinker Toys compared to the agents of mass destruction that can fit into a terrorist's Thermos. Such is the premise of Pete Barber's hair-raising NanoStrike.

The terror starts with an attack on London's subway (tube) and its up to Chief Inspector Steven Quinnborne of the London Metro Police to track down the culprits.
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. Terrorists stage an attack on the London tub, killing hundreds in barely a few seconds, using nanotechnology to deadly effect. This is meant as a warning shot - a display of power, hoping their demands will be met.

Detective Chief Inspector Quinnborne, believing he's found a credible lead, heads out alone to hunt him down. A hunt that labels him a traitor as the attacks get more and more powerful and he ends up right in the lions den.

A pacy, little t
Jackie Weger
I love thrillers and I come at them sideways when written by a new author and self-published. Pete Barber aced it! NanoStrike is superb. If it was a paperback, the pages would have turned themselves. Nanostrike is tightly plotted, the characters are richly developed, the story fast-paced. Not a word or a comma out of place, formatting is perfect--there is nothing to distract you from the tale. I read in one sitting! Stayed up all night.

NanoStrike by Pete Barber $2.99: http://amzn.to/1k3wEva

Jac
Kerry Nietz
I thoroughly enjoyed “Allah’s Revenge.” From beginning to end it is a top notch thriller. It reminded me of books written by Michael Crichton or Preston & Childs, especially when it came to the frenetic pacing, the use of cutting-edge technology, and the everyday hero. And the villains could’ve come straight out of a Bond novel. All the characters were great, really. Extremely well-written.

I applaud Mr. Barber for coming up with a terrorist scenario that is both believable and increasingly
Mary
A Threat of Nanobots

Pete Barber has given us a fiction thriller about extremists who wish to do the United States harm. It is told in current time with painstaking research as it is a sensitive subject. The terrorist attack was carried out by an Islamic militant group called Allah’s Revenge. They killed two hundred innocent people in London, England and many world leaders at a G20 summit in Seoul, South Korea. The Vice President of the U.S. was killed in the G20 summit attack.

The Weapon of Mass
Viviane Crystal
Terrorist fiction is on the rise and Allah's Revenge is at the top of the list of a possibility that could create death and mayhem enough to destroy any nation or nations. This plot involves the creation of a nanobot that could be used for energy production (the obvious disguise herein) but instead is used to dispense a chemical that instantly kills its victims, leaving a deadly charcoal residue. Horrors!

The plot is simple but potent. After the first attack on a British subway, the race is on to
Cheryl M-M
Although I enjoyed the complexity of the technological and scientific ideas, which play a major role in the storyline, those same ideas worried me. Just having someone create and reproduce such a scenario was frightening to contemplate. I often wonder if it isn't dancing with the devil when a writer manages to create a concept that could give a third party the extra incentive they need.
However I also believe that uniqueness is also what makes a book like this a memorable experience.
For me it fel
Book Him Danno
I didn’t know what to expect from this book, but after reading the sample I decided to jump in. This is a fast paced story of terrorism, nano technology, genius and prejudice. The story involves the Muslin rite of passage and a genius who Allah talked with and told him to do his bidding(at least he though Allah talked with him.) The nano idea was fascinating and the idea of making ethanol so easily out of garbage is what scientist are trying to figure out today. Garbage being turned into fuel i ...more
Paul Montgomery
Synopsis - New technology is ever a double-edged sword, ready to help the world or threaten it. So it is here, as the terrorist group Allah's Revenge sieze nanotechnology, designed to devour raw material and convert it into cheap fuel. In their hands, it's an airborn threat, invisible, silent, deadly. Easily hidden, easily dispersed. And should they choose to make it so, unstoppable...

OK. I have to say this first. I want to dislike this book. I really want to dislike it. And why? Because of the
Darrell B.
Pete Barber has this ability to make characters that are both incredibly creepy and human at the same time. Nazar Eudon is the type of guy you want to strangle, but you do see as a full person. A creepy person, but someone you might unfortunately meet.

Another one of Pete's skills is continually increasing the tension. As the book goes on the stakes grow higher, both personally and worldwide. He skillfully weaves these two together leaving the reader worried for both the individuals and the world
Danielle
**I was a winner of this book through Goodreads first read!

A fictional thriller about two different countries using the same nanotechnology for two completely different reasons, yet tied together by one individual. One believes that it will be the next new fuel, while the other believes and executes multiple terrorist attacks throughout the world.

This page turner keeps you entertained and on the edge of your seat while reading. However, at first the book is slightly confusing until you have un
Nancy Silk
This story by Pete Barber in stunning. It has kept me deeply absorbed on every page. It deals with new nano-robotics technology from which a nanobot is developed which can be used by evil terrorist groups, or for the good to create an alternate fuel source. There are several main characters from different countries. The author has headed each new chapter page with a flag graphic so it is easy to follow each character. It starts in the U.S. with young David Ferran who is a devout Muslim and is in ...more
OutlawPoet
When radical Islamic Terrorists release a new nanotech based weapon on a crowded train, Quinn must rush to find the culprits before the ravenous weapon is unleashed upon the world!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

If you haven't read Pete Barber, you've been missing out! This is an absolutely stellar thriller from the first page to the last. Now, I must admit - he had me at nanotech. I'm a sucker for a story that uses nanotech in just about any aspect. However, it takes more than a concept to win over a reader and
Tim
Really a 3.5 star book. The technology is here where miniature robots can be programmed to replicate and create new structures. A scientist has done just that, and programmed them to consume carbon-based material and convert it to ethanol. Unfortunately others have a more sinister plan for these nanobots.

This is a good techno-thriller. Our heroes are well written and easy to relate to. They are not your typical action heroes, but there is plenty of action in the book.

If you like thrillers with a
Delicious Strawberry
I liked the plot of this book. While nowadays Muslims are usually typecast as the bad guys in movies and books (as Russians used to be during the Cold War) this book shows both good and bad Muslims, and the storyline itself was engaging and kept me interested. I only wish this book had been a little longer, some parts felt a touch rushed to me.

I think the author did a good job with setting and description though, I could imagine Israel as the characters went there, and the Muslims in here are ni
T. P. Alexanders
Allah's Revenge is a roller coaster ride straddling the genres of science fiction and crime drama. A British detective and a young Palestinian journalist race a group of terrorist called Allah's Revenge as they threaten world leadership with cutting edge nano-technology. Barber's well researched settings and attention to detail do what all good science fiction does--makes the nonexistent feel real.

What makes this a 5/5 review, though, is the characters. From the hard-boiled detective to the devo
Lee Rennie
Thrilling read

excellent twist on the usual terrorist formula, the nano technology is both exciting and frightening. frantic pace, never lets up, with likable characters. could have had a bit more character building. well worth the few bucks to buy it.
Kerry Donovan
Allah's Revenge is a damned fine read.
I suspended my disbelief and allowed myself to be drawn along with the flow. Suspension of disbelief was only required to accept the concept of the nanotechnology - all the rest is in the thoroughly believable, here and now.

The characters are well drawn and likable where they're supposed to be, and the villains truly nasty, as they should be.

The denouement is well paced and Mr Barber builds the tension and delivers pretty good action scenes.

The early pac
WiLoveBooks
This is a fast-paced thriller that brings together technology and terrorism. Dawud, a brilliant scientist, develops nanobots that can be programmed to create fuel by consuming garbage. After having a religious experience, he turns the technology into a weapon that can kill large amounts of people, just by breathing it. It is scary, thinking that such a thing could possibly exist. The story was well-written and kept me on edge until the very end. The characters were fantastic and helped to keep m ...more
Reverend Stanleigh Chapin
A very enjoyable read

intrigue, mystery, fast paced and a very surprisingly knowledge of the hajj and Muslims. I lived in Saudi Arabia and several other middle eastern countries,it was very accurate
Doug Hoffman
NanoStrike is a well written techno-thriller that combines a terrorist plot with plausible future technology. Some of the early background is a bit over long and the science vague but still it delivers a fun ride. Good characters and enough plot twists to keep the reader guessing, I can unreservedly recommend this book to fans of Michael Crichton and Dale Brown.
Steve
Fast paced thriller

British policeman saves the world from a frightening terrorist threat with the help of a young Muslim couple and a British publisher. Interesting plot twists and strong characters. A good read.
Lorrie Farrelly
Jul 30, 2014 Lorrie Farrelly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
Pete Barber's NANOSTRIKE is filled with nail-biting suspense at its most intense. Though set on a global stage, the story is told on a very human level through the thoughts and actions of well-drawn characters whom readers will really care about. Thanks to Mr. Barber's ability to involve the reader on an emotional level with his characters, as well as on the thrills-and-chills level of intrigue and science fiction that's uncomfortably close to real science, this is an outstanding adventure/techn ...more
Tabitha Chamberlain
Characters that you can connect to in some way, a laid back way of writing that you don't even realize you've finished. It's a bit of a techothriller as well as terrorist twist to it. I did really enjoy the book.
Rhoda
Great thriller - Terrorists attack a London Underground train, slaughtering two-hundred innocents in seconds with a nanoweapon small enough to hide in a hint of perfume.
A shockwave of fear grips the western world—the crazies have a weapon of mass destruction that can be deployed at will and against which there is no defense
Casual Readers: FREEBIES BUDDY READ - NanoStrike by Pete Barber 9 12 May 30, 2014 06:38PM
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • Nine Lives (Sam Archer, #1)
  • The Last Firewall (Singularity #3)
  • The 'Naturals: Awakening [Episodes 1-4 -- Season 1] (Young Adult Serial)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Artificial Evil (The Techxorcist, #1)
  • Titans
  • Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)
  • A Month with Werewolves
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • Harbinger (Sodium, #1)
  • The Beast Within (The Elite, #1)
  • Seven Unholy Days
  • The Lance (The Project, #2)
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • Splicer
  • A Rush to Violence (Fifth Avenue #5)
  • Black Coke
Born into a blue-collar family in Liverpool, England, Pete immigrated to the US in the early 90s and settled in North Carolina.

He has led a haphazard life, putting bread on the table as a plumber, computer programmer, salesperson, marketing executive, hotel operator, real-estate developer, and llama breeder.

Pete loves chickens and dogs, and writes fast-paced fiction that makes people think.
More about Pete Barber...
When A Warrior Comes Home Love Poison First Chapters

“Well, Frances, sometimes it’s better to apologize than to ask permission.” 0 likes