Start by marking “A Killer First Date (Drake Chronicles, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Killer First Date (Drake Chronicles, #3.5)

A Killer First Date (Drake Chronicles #3.5)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,183 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Published February 14th 2012 by Walker & Company

To ask other readers questions about A Killer First Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killer First Date

♥Rachel♥
A Killer First Date centered on my two favorites couple in the Drake Chronicles: Lucy and Nicholas, and Hunter and Quinn. It was a cute short story with a little bit of oh-my-heart romance, humor, and fun action.

Lucy and Nicholas are my favorite couple in the series. Their relationship started out tension filled and antagonistic. Here is Lucy’s first line about Nicholas in book one:

“He was gorgeous, there was no use in denying it, but he always knew how to make me want to poke him in the eye
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
What can be better and/or funnier than Lucy and Nicholas on their first date? A double date with Quinn and Hunter. An excellent short story that makes waiting for the next book, Blood Moon, just a little easier.
Amelie
Jan 02, 2016 Amelie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 Sterne

Eine wirklich tolle Novelle zur Reihe, die ich sehr gern gelesen habe und die jedem Fan gefallen wird, weil sie ihren eigenen Spannungsbogen hatte, was man von den anderen nicht von jeder behaupten kann. Man hat hier hauptsächlich mehr von Lucy und Nicolas und von Hunter und Quinn. Da die vier ohnehin meine liebsten Charaktere waren, habe ich mich darüber natürlich sehr gefreut =) Insgesamt kann ich die Novelle also auf jeden Fall jedem empfehlen, der die Drake Chroniken mochte! Es loh
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

A Killer First Date is set between Out for Blood and Bleeding Hearts, where Nicholas and Lucy have finally got round to having their first date at Lucy’s school carnival with Quinn and Hunter but with the Drakes nothing stays calm and simple.

This is told from the POV of both Lucy and Hunter and it has the mixture of action, romance and humour of all Harvey’s novels but for 69p it is a bargain.

What I really like abou
Apr 13, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's no secret that I love Alyxandra Harvey's Drake Chronicles series, these books are just so much fun to read and always have me laughing out loud all the way through! So when I spotted this short story for just 65p on Amazon UK for the Kindle I bought it without even reading the description.

Lucy has been my favourite character ever since the first book - I love her snarky sense of humour and the fact that she is so fearless despite being the only human hanging out with the Drake family - so I
A Leisure Moment
description

If you’ve read any of my reviews of Alyxandra Harvey’s book, you know it’s impossible for me not to say something about the Drake Chronicles. Seriously, once you read about the Drakes, you’ll be hooked on this smoldering group of brothers.

Vampires will always be in style, as long as there's a Drake brother attached.

Read the rest of the review, simply by following the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2015/03...

description

Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey
Out For Blood
Bree
Feb 16, 2012 Bree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short book is only 40 pages long... It is a short story between the third and fourth book. POVs are Lucy and Hunter. This is short story is about Lucy and Nicholas' first date and Hunter and Quin make their appearance there as well and as always there's drama! Love The Drake Chronicles series!would highly recommend!
Celeste
Aug 12, 2012 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, novellas
Fast read. I liked the characters. The book expects you to know quite a few things before hand but is easy to catch up. This story is however very short as in super short. Filled with action packed sequnces and a touch of romance. Worth a quick read.
Pretty in Fiction
This review was originally posted on Pretty In Fiction.

A Killer First Date: A Drake Chronicles ENovella by Alyxandra Harvey tells the story of Nicholas and Lucy's first date as well as Quinn and Hunter's. It takes place sometime between Out for Blood and Bleeding Hearts.

It was a very fluffy short story, but it still had all the action and romance that you expect from the Drakes. It may not have very much to do with the plot-line of the books, other than the characters, but it holds it's own. I w
Stephanie (Bookfever.♥)
So this e-book finds place after the third book in The Drake Chronicles series: "Out For Blood", which by the way is my favorite of the series so far. The story follows Lucy and Nicholas and also Hunter and Quinn. They all go on their first real date on a carnival. Of course it doesn't turn out the way they all want.
I was really happy to read more about Quinn and Hunter because Quinn is my favorite Drake brother and I think Hunter is the perfect girl for him. I just love the way they are togeth
Moriah
Mar 12, 2015 Moriah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve read any of my reviews of Alyxandra Harvey’s book, you know it’s impossible for me not to say something about "The Drake Chronicles". Seriously, once you read about the Drakes, you’ll be hooked on this smoldering group of brothers. I first read "Hearts at Stake" in middle school, and finished the series last year. Six books later, and they will forever hold a special place in my heart.

While I’ve read all of the full-length books, I haven’t actually downloaded any of the e-novellas unt
Rachel
Quinn and Hunter are my favourite couple from this series, so to have Hunter's POV again was great. it was short but it's meant to be. I enjoyed the story and i just adore the characters from this series. Hunter and Lucy are such strong girls and great role models. Love them both.
Menna Alashker
Aww! So, very, unbearably, cute! Loved it. Nicholas is just a gentleman. Loved Lucy and Hunter. So, yeah. A-M-A-Z-I-I-G.
Shuling
Apr 20, 2014 Shuling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was brilliant! I'm a fan of Lucy and Nicholas and I'm just so happy that they're going on their first date. Along with Hunter and Quinn. Like normal couples.

Except that normal was quite a stretch when it came to the Drakes though.

Instead, they got attacks, time frozen, physic vampire, love potion, cotton candy, Ferris wheel...all mixed together. Oh, and let's not forget about the kissings. Lots of kissings.

And finally, Chloe just said what I'd always wanted to say:

"I've said it before, and
Nic
Short and sweet and a whole lot of fun!
v.v
A Killer First Date Summary:
Nicholas and Lucy have known each other for most of their lives, but now that they've finally admitted their feelings for each other, Nicholas wants to take her on their official first date-away from all the life-and-death drama that has surrounded them lately. Is it too much to ask for just a fun double date at the local carnival with his older brother, Quinn, and Quinn's new girlfriend, Hunter?

A Killer First Date Review:
A e-novella in the Drake Chronicles, it ta
Emily Bennett
So, when I finished the last book of The Drake Chronicles, there was only one thing left to do; read the e-novellas, and this was the last of the e-novellas for me to read. I sad that this was the last time I'd get to read a book from the series for the first time. I have been reading them since 2010, so I have become quite attached to the characters, and I believe that this is a fitting good-bye to The characters I have come to love so much. I'll miss them and they'll always hold a special plac ...more
Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)
Review can be found at: www.the-reading-pile.blogspot.co.uk

I really enjoyed this novella, mostly because it features my two favourite couples. My favourite character is still Lucy, she's awesome. I love her sense of humour and the fact that she's the only human hanging out with the Drakes in the first book. But I really enjoyed the idea of these couples going on their first real date. They both head to the local carnival for their date, but things quickly go from great to bad to worse.

Since it's
Angela
Mar 15, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but it rocked my socks off!

I was surprised to find that Lucy and Nicholas were having their first date because this takes place between the last two books written. I guess it makes sense since there is always some sort danger around the corner.

Lucy and Nicholas go on their first official date at her school carnival. Hunter and Quinn are also there so this book is told from Lucy and Hunter's POV. These are perhaps my 2 favorite female characters in this book. They of course try to have a n
Hannah Christina Dahlstrom
Amazing

it was perfect like always there was only one mi-stake in the book. she really catches the emotions. Again, it was worth the while.
Theresa
Jul 07, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little story about a double date between Lucy & Nicolas and Hunter & Conner at a local carnival. Of course everything goes wrong when the Hel-Blar attack, but things are complicated by an unexpected event.

It really makes the typical double date seem bland. But even though the guys are frustrated, they both come through wonderfully.

Fave Scenes: the purple bunny, the carousel and Hunter’s bed.
Brandee Terry
I liked this short story. It was a nice peek into the couples.
Denise
Dec 07, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I have to go find the rest of them.
Bryanna Drake
Feb 28, 2014 Bryanna Drake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Nicolas and Lucy!
Denisa Mertiri
May 27, 2012 Denisa Mertiri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!!
A great side novel of The Drake Chronicle, a closer look into the relationships of Lucy and Nicholas, and Hunter and Quinn. The new addition of a different kind of vampire just makes the story that much more interesting. You finally get to see the romantic side of The Drake Chronicle relationships, even thought there are still many threats mixed into what was supposed to be a normal date.
Than again evil vampires trying to kill you kind of make the night a little more interesting.
Teresa
Feb 24, 2012 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Drake Chronicles series by Alyxandra Harvey
A novella of Nicholas and Lucy's first date with some Hunter/Logan in there as well. Its narrated by both Lucy and Hunter as they go on their respective dates at a school carnival that doesn't turn out how they'd planned at all. I love Nicholas and Lucy so I was really happy about this novella. It's cute and a nice edition to the Drake Chronicles series.
Rachel
This was a short little novella starring Lucy and Hunter and it describes them trying to go out on a normal date with Nicholas and Quinn to a carnival. Of course things can never be simple for them and they come across a lot of Hel-Blar and a girl who turns out to be a psychic vampire who can freeze time.
Amanda
Nov 17, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much what it reads on the tin: A killer first date! A mix of our couples, a match of crazy that loves to throw itself in at every available turn, while people are trying to get in a good time finally, around all the insanity happening in the shotgun pace of the books themselves.

Delightful!
Mar 16, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
This added a bit of entertainment and let us see a bit more of two of our favorite Character, Lucy and Nicholas. It was fast paced and fun. It is not necessary to the series, but if you love Nicholas and Lucy- this is a good one to read!

there was no sex in this book.
  • Shadow kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Mark of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #1)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Loved by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #5)
  • The Dangers of Adopting a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #2)
  • Accidentally Wolf (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • The Ornament: Simon and Becky (Ornament, #2)
  • Coercion Part 3 (Montana Dragons, #3)
  • Her Wolf, Her Protector
  • Human Date (The Syrena Legacy #2.6)
  • Riley's Curse (A Moon's Glow 0.5)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 03
  • Embracing the Wolf (Ritter Werewolves, #2)
3020684
www.alyxandraharvey.com

Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fac
More about Alyxandra Harvey...

Drake Chronicles (6 books)
  • My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)