Start by marking “Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02 (Hunter x Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02 (Hunter x Hunter, #2)

Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02 (Hunter × Hunter #2)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,156 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Hunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters.

A STRUGGLE IN THE MIST
Gon and
Published April 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 7th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02

MeruChii
Jul 04, 2016 MeruChii rated it liked it
I've tried watching the anime but I didn't enjoy it for some reason . The manga is more interesting than the anime but I'm still not enjoying it as much as I enjoy other anime & manga .
I will give the anime another chance because everyone seem to be in love with it ( my friend is nagging me about it as well )
MissAnnThrope
Feb 22, 2013 MissAnnThrope rated it really liked it
22 February 2013

Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02 is even better than the first volume. Admittedly, I have a bias towards food in manga, so I absolutely loved the second phase of the Hunter Exam. I love that the action in this volume isn't mindless and not all brawn. This is definitely a thinker's competition.

The sheer magnitude of unique characters is amazing. I really think the characterization is the strong point of this series. Gon is too freakin' adorable for words. I absolutely adore his spirit. Th
Dani
Mhmm, I was fast! This was better than the first one, no doubt. Sort of a strange place to end it though, but it doesn't really apply to me since I don't have to wait.

I was really satisfied with Killua in this volume. Togashi really doesn't hold back on showing you how lethal he is right away! (*cough* New anime could learn something! *cough*) (view spoiler) It was such a beautiful
Tim
Jun 30, 2016 Tim rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The Hunter exam continues! Of the over 400 contestants, around 150 made it to the second exam. After the second exam, the remaining applicants go by blimp to a tower where the third exam, a tower maze that is filled prisoners. Gon, Leorio, Kurapika, and Killua foind themselves being partnered with (view spoiler) They have to navigate by majority rule when given two options (yes/no and left/right being answers in the scenario seen in th ...more
Martine
Dec 03, 2014 Martine rated it liked it
Just the second volume in a series of 35 and ongoing, if I'm not mistaken, and the killing has already begun. In case you have mistaken this series for something appropriate for children.
My biggest complain would be two things so far:

First, Hisoka doesn't appear as threatening as he's supposed to be. He's just not as... intense as he should be. In fact, Killua looks more threatening than him.

Second, there are not enough girls. Yet. I really dig Menchi, but all the other examiners are men and whe
Selena
Nov 05, 2013 Selena rated it it was amazing
This is probably the first time I've read a manga in which the characters had no idea what sushi was. Even if the series doesn't take place in Japan they know what sushi is. XD Brilliant attention to detail there. I absolutely loved this volume. So over the top.
Grace Zhen
Apr 07, 2013 Grace Zhen rated it it was amazing
jerica
Sep 17, 2012 jerica rated it it was amazing
Rating:
Art: 5/5
Story: 5/5

As Hisoka kills off the participants, readers realize he has blood lust--hence the killing spree. A large group of participants team up to attack him but he kills them single handedly, without getting a scratch on himself. Hisoka confronts Leorio and Kurapika, and seems to enjoy getting ready to face off with them more than he did killing the weaker contestants. Gon interferes before Hisoka can kill Leorio. Hisoka, in an interesting turn of events, seems to be taken by
A
Jul 09, 2014 A rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Gon es ingenuo e inocente, ¡pero súper astuto! Me agrada como se las apaña en el examen. Killua también me ha empezado a gustar bastante. Las pruebas se están poniendo cada vez más difíciles, wow; me sorprende que haya gente que sobreviva para intentarlo el año siguiente xD Y no soporto al gordo ese, candidato No.16, yo ya lo hubiera arrojado de una patada por el abismo de la torre, por idiota ù_ú*
Marian
Jun 28, 2016 Marian rated it it was amazing
Daniel
Apr 10, 2011 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: advisory
Scott Lee
Apr 09, 2016 Scott Lee rated it really liked it
The continuation of the Hunter Exam. Some creative elements here, as they really expand the concept of hunters quite a bit in this volume. I like that there's a fair share of straight action, but the characters are spending far more time reasoning with/against each other than they are beating each other up.
Rahmanmillenium
Oct 06, 2007 Rahmanmillenium rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: rahmanmillenium@yahoo.com
Series Name: Hunter X Hunter
Mangaka: Togashi Yoshihiro
Status: On-going
Volumes: 25+
Summary: In a world filled with monsters, demons, hidden treasures, vast unexplored lands, there are people who are interested in these powers. These people are called "hunters". Jin, Gon's father, is known as one of the greatest hunters in the world. At an early age, Jin left Gon with Gon's aunt, and his father left to continue his life as a hunter. Gon learns news of his father, and how he is not dead. At the age
Oscar
Mar 25, 2016 Oscar rated it liked it
Better than the first volume, but still not a lot going on. Not really a fan of the trials/examination format that's been the entirety of the manga so far.
Samantha
Apr 18, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Excellent. I really wanna know what would've happened if they had decided not to fight- majority rules after all.
Adriana
Dec 31, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, manga
4.5/5 Stars

HxH is my kryptonite tbh.
Logan Simpson
Dec 01, 2014 Logan Simpson rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I love this series. It has such an interesting plot. The only thing keeping this from 5 stars is the artwork, which feels like a down grade after reading other manga series, but it's not like I could draw any better, so... good series!
Luna TheQuibbler
Nov 29, 2015 Luna TheQuibbler rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
美食这个过于简单
Sara Williams
Officially my all time favourite manga!
Even though I'm majorly spoiled considering I'm a big fan of the anime series (which is also my favourite) it feels wonderful to revive all these amazing adventures we have with our awesome heroes.
Hassan Chaudhry
This is volume two of this manga/comic book thing. Gon is still taking the exam and he has to do something about finding pigs. Also this clown guy starts killing lot of people. Again it is really short and not boring to read.
Marianna
Jul 12, 2015 Marianna rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Out of 5 Stars

This series is growing on me. I really like where the end of this volume heads, and the idea that the tests involve intelligence and not just fighting.
Hannah
May 15, 2010 Hannah rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Really love Gon and Kurapika, but Leorio takes a while to warm up to.
Alluna
Sep 28, 2013 Alluna rated it liked it
Shelves: komik
baru tau ada hunter gourmet :D
Risky Agustina
Sep 13, 2013 Risky Agustina rated it it was amazing
sangat baguss
Laila AlFelchawi
Laila AlFelchawi rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Griffin Warnstaff
Griffin Warnstaff rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Aija
Aija rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Najlah
Najlah rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Volodymyr Okhrym
Volodymyr Okhrym rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
  • Shaman King, Vol. 2: Kung-Fu Master
  • マギ 4 [Magi 4] (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #4)
  • Hikaru no Go, Vol. 13: First Professional Match (Hikaru no Go, #13)
  • Black Cat, Volume 04
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 02
  • カーニヴァル 8 [Kānivaru 8] (Karneval, #8)
  • Eyeshield 21, Vol. 6: Devil Bats Take Flight
  • One Piece, Volume 19: Rebellion (One Piece, #19)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Vol. 2 (Stardust Crusaders, #2)
Yoshihiro Togashi (see also 冨樫 義博) is a manga artist. Credited in Chinese translations as Fu Jian Yi Bo.

He began drawing manga at an early age; while he attended college, the publisher Shueisha recognized his talent. Togashi has authored numerous manga series in different genres during the past three decades. He is perhaps best known for writing and illustrating the YuYu Hakusho and Hunter Hunter
More about Yoshihiro Togashi...

Hunter × Hunter (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 01 (Hunter x Hunter, #1)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 03 (Hunter x Hunter, #3)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 04 (Hunter x Hunter, #4)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 05 (Hunter x Hunter, #5)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 06 (Hunter x Hunter, #6)
  • Hunter X Hunter, tome 07
  • Hunter X Hunter, tome 08
  • Hunter X Hunter, tome 09
  • Hunter X Hunter, tome 10
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 11 (Hunter x Hunter, #11)