Start by marking “The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)

The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  348 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Published August 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Houdini Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Houdini Escape

Amaranth by John  KellettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan
What should be read by 13 year olds
102nd out of 179 books — 22 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Teen Books that Rock!
192nd out of 222 books — 320 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca Cartwright
Review
The book was fine but I’m not really enjoying these shorter stories that have gone off on a tangent from the main characters. I know that I am not even remotely the target audience but the original 39 Clues books appealed to me even though they were clearly children’s books whereas the newer books don’t really have much more to them than the basic adventure which will appeal to younger readers but not to me. I miss the characters that I’ve grown to know, particularly Amy, and want to know
Nickie
Harry as a child has a lot of responsibility already in his life. He has two jobs to help support his family. One of which is a weekend card trick gig. He comes home to find out that the Vespers have broken into his home and will be back to destroy his family next if he doesn't take action. This leads to Harry recognizing and utilizing his talents that he eventually goes on to become famous for.
Yukiraking
This one was wrought full of danger and suspense. I loved the chosen narrator, Harry, and the struggles he faced were so real, and humbling compared to the rest of the Cahill family's troubles in the main 39 Clues series. His determination to keep his family safe and fed made me love him as a character all the more. It was great to read about a famous escape artist working toward Cahill family goals and I enjoyed the fact that he didn't have much information to go on at all. All he knew (which w ...more
Lily
I really liked this book. I loved hearing about Cahills from different times. It is really interesting.
JCS bookworm
Pretty good but I wanted more in the ending.
Robert
I was pretty disappointed after reading this. Boring as in! It lacks more action, more character development as the story flows by, It was very puny, and it never made me excited for Harry's adventure. I don't buy magics and trick that much which was Harry's job. Stay away from this if you don't want to sleep in the middle of reading it.
Jovy
Very plausible story...I liked it very much. I just wished that there would have been a more detailed information about the artifact - was it really a map? if it was, what's the treasure (is it still the map that would lead to Gideon's ring)... Obviously the end game for the vespers would always be world domination.
Christian
Houdini is a fascinating character, so I liked giving him a backstory and tying him into the Cahill world. The plotting was a bit slow in this one, which is unfortunate in a novella.
Alice
I expected something more thrilling, more adventurous.
Rina
Rina marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Bryan Garibay
Bryan Garibay marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Parker
Parker marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Rayan
Rayan marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Isaac Rodriguez
Isaac Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Isaiah
Isaiah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Tanya Klotz
Tanya Klotz marked it as to-read
Manisha Dasari
Manisha Dasari marked it as to-read
Unicorn
Unicorn marked it as to-read
B.M.B. Johnson
B.M.B. Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • The 39 Clues slipcase 2 (#4-6)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • The 39 Clues Book 11: Vespers Rising
  • The 39 Clues Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-4)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Stolen Secrets
  • The Stones of Ravenglass (Chronicles of the Red King, #2)

The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files (5 books)
  • Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1)
  • The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2)
  • The Redcoat Chase (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #3)
  • Silent Night (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #5)
Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1) Legacy (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #1) Turbulence (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #5) Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4) Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)