Start by marking “The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)

The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files #4)

Published August 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Houdini Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Houdini Escape

Rebecca Cartwright-Teakle
Aug 07, 2012 Rebecca Cartwright-Teakle rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Review
The book was fine but I’m not really enjoying these shorter stories that have gone off on a tangent from the main characters. I know that I am not even remotely the target audience but the original 39 Clues books appealed to me even though they were clearly children’s books whereas the newer books don’t really have much more to them than the basic adventure which will appeal to younger readers but not to me. I miss the characters that I’ve grown to know, particularly Amy, and want to know
Yukiraking
Apr 01, 2013 Yukiraking rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This one was wrought full of danger and suspense. I loved the chosen narrator, Harry, and the struggles he faced were so real, and humbling compared to the rest of the Cahill family's troubles in the main 39 Clues series. His determination to keep his family safe and fed made me love him as a character all the more. It was great to read about a famous escape artist working toward Cahill family goals and I enjoyed the fact that he didn't have much information to go on at all. All he knew (which w ...more
Nickie
Apr 04, 2014 Nickie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellette
Harry as a child has a lot of responsibility already in his life. He has two jobs to help support his family. One of which is a weekend card trick gig. He comes home to find out that the Vespers have broken into his home and will be back to destroy his family next if he doesn't take action. This leads to Harry recognizing and utilizing his talents that he eventually goes on to become famous for.
James
Jul 16, 2016 James rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This is probably my favorite of the standalone books I've read in this series thus far. While I'm not a Houdini expert, I have read and seen some biographies on the man to understand a bit about his life. This book was a fun read, intertwining a few real events in Houdini's life with the Cahill fiction.
Jovy
May 05, 2013 Jovy rated it liked it
Very plausible story...I liked it very much. I just wished that there would have been a more detailed information about the artifact - was it really a map? if it was, what's the treasure (is it still the map that would lead to Gideon's ring)... Obviously the end game for the vespers would always be world domination.
Robert
Mar 16, 2013 Robert rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
I was pretty disappointed after reading this. Boring as in! It lacks more action, more character development as the story flows by, It was very puny, and it never made me excited for Harry's adventure. I don't buy magics and trick that much which was Harry's job. Stay away from this if you don't want to sleep in the middle of reading it.
NVTony
Jun 29, 2016 NVTony rated it it was amazing
Riley finds another clever way to lead his readers into a story with action, adventure and realism combined. Every book in this series just gets better. Authors have knack for feeding off story line.
Jakenv
Jul 16, 2016 Jakenv rated it it was amazing
I find this series to be one of my favorite. Each author keeps story progressing without seeming to lose thread of adventure. Riley as stated in other reviews is one of my favorite writers who has ability to keep reader totally engaged.
Christian
Aug 09, 2012 Christian rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Houdini is a fascinating character, so I liked giving him a backstory and tying him into the Cahill world. The plotting was a bit slow in this one, which is unfortunate in a novella.
Lily
Aug 05, 2014 Lily rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I loved hearing about Cahills from different times. It is really interesting.
Ra
Ra rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Mirza Ahmad
Mirza Ahmad rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
Raxanator
Raxanator rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2017
Lissy
Lissy rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Kristy
Kristy rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Cat
Cat rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2013
Aech ~ no, not today ~
Aech ~ no, not today ~ rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
J. Misnomer
J. Misnomer rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Agavi
Agavi rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Ramy
Ramy rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Luis Chicas
Luis Chicas rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Ariane Vallières
Ariane Vallières rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Mira
Mira rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Mathew Biltonen
Mathew Biltonen rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Dominic Bridda
Dominic Bridda rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Sierra Lyon
Sierra Lyon rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Sunny Porto
Sunny Porto rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
Kruti Shah
Kruti Shah rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
  • The Medusa Plot: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 1: Sneak Peek (The 39 Clues)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • The 39 Clues slipcase 2 (#4-6)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • The 39 Clues Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-4)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Stolen Secrets  (The Red Rock Mysteries #2)
  • In Harm's Way (Benjamin Pratt & Keepers of the School, #4)

The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files (5 books)
  • Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1)
  • The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2)
  • The Redcoat Chase (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #3)
  • Silent Night (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #5)