Start by marking “The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2)

The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published June 5th 2012 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Submarine Job, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Submarine Job

Amaranth by John  KellettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan
What should be read by 13 year olds
29th out of 96 books — 20 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Teen Books that Rock!
191st out of 216 books — 315 voters

More lists with this book...

Nickie
Fiske Cahill is a teenager at boarding school when he gets an urgent message from Grace saying she is in trouble. Grace sends the Ring with Fiske and schedules him a safe passage on a submarine journey. Unfortunately, the Vespers are everywhere including locked in the submarine with Fiske. An enjoyable amount of suspense and turmoil. I appreciated having a story that centered on Fiske because we hardly ever focus on him during the main series as a POV.
Lily
I really enjoyed this story. I loved learning about Fiske when he was younger. I always wanted to know more about him or read a story about him, and this book does that.
Christian
Of the Riley books in the series, this is likely the weakest one yet. It doesn't help that it follows a fairly passive character who has been rather minor in terms of the action throughout both series to this point. I don't know. I'm sure I need to cut the character some slack because he's only 14 and isn't accustomed to the Cahill life, but still . . . Perhaps after reading the next book in the series, I'll see what we were supposed to get out of this novella and will appreciate it more.
Yukiraking
If I hadn't pieced together who the "villain" was from near the start, I would've given this one a five star rating. I loved getting to know young Fiske, especially as I get ready to dive into the Cahill vs Vespers series where I figure he'll play a prominent part. Great story, and I'm really glad I read it.
Kate
More of the Cahill family back story. This one is an adventure with Fiske when he was 14 years old. It really doesn't serve an important purpose to the bigger story arc, but it's interesting to get to know Fiske a little better. I just didn't think the story was very engaging.
Robert
The story was fairly good. Although I have trouble following up the story because of the submarine-ish and other things, but overall it was very interesting. Probably not the best but also not the worst for the Cahill Files. Hoping for more action on the next one. :)
Jovy
When I read this, I kept thinking of Dan... Fiske and Dan are so alike.
Xcess
Good not great
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Anna Femath
Anna Femath marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Milton Lanza
Milton Lanza marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Chase Magnus
Chase Magnus marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Skladha
Skladha marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Jessica Degrieck
Jessica Degrieck marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
SanjanaaS
SanjanaaS marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 08, 2015
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • The 39 Clues slipcase 2 (#4-6)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • The 39 Clues Collection: Books 1-4
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Stolen Secrets

The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files (5 books)
  • Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1)
  • The Redcoat Chase (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #3)
  • The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)
  • Silent Night (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #5)
Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1) Legacy (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #1) Turbulence (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #5) Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4) Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)