Start by marking “Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)” as Want to Read:
Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)

Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho #5)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  574 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews

The car accident was Hannah Price's fault--a few seconds of inattention that changed Gabe Holbrook's life forever, destroying everything he'd been or ever wanted to be. He was a man who'd had it all. Intelligent, handsome, talented, rich, he'd been one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Now he's come home to Dundee, the small town where he was raised, but he's a stranger

Paperback, Harlequin Super Romance #1278, 282 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Harlequin Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Stranger in Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranger in Town

Tia
Apr 17, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
This book is a keeper! The heroine and hero got into a car accident that was so bad the hero temporarily lost all the use of his legs, although he still remains mostly paralyzed. Eventually they fell in love but the heroine's ex husband was a total butthole! He caused trouble and emotionally abused the heroine even after the divorce but with the hero's help with raising the heroine's two sons and a whole lot of love, it seems they will all be just fine!
Ana
Apr 10, 2016 Ana rated it liked it
Ohh! This not the first book I read written by Brenda Novak, but it's the first I review. Brenda Novak has become one of my fave authors, whenever I see a book with her name on it I feel it's going to be a nice read. This definitively was a nice read, although it was a bit hard for me to read the start because of Gabe condition and Hannah feeling guilty... But oh, I absolutely loved both of them.
I loved how Gabe decided to finally go back to life, to train the team. How the relationship develop
Dianne
Feb 01, 2013 Dianne rated it it was amazing
A Stranger in Town by Brenda Novak
This is a perfect read for the football widows out there this Super Bowl weekend!
Have you ever done something incredibly stupid while you were driving and not gotten caught doing it? Some action that if you did it, might cause you to injure of cripple someone in an accident? Well that is exactly what happened to Hannah. Her ex-husband has taken her children and he is only a few minutes ahead of her. Perhaps she could catch up to him – if only she wasn’t behind t
Loverlypurple
Sep 21, 2012 Loverlypurple rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this story of forgiveness and love. The story really drew me in. I really liked Hannah, her two boys, Gabe and of course Lazarus. I haven't read any of the other books of this series but would be interested in reading more about the folks of Dundee. This however is definitely a good stand alone book.
Sandra
Sep 12, 2011 Sandra rated it really liked it
i really liked the read. sometimes it was hard to keep on reading because the tension was so real in this book, that i couldn't stand to keep on reading. but i was really worth it. :)
Lilly
Forgiving and forgetting!

Nothing good comes when you hold a grudge against people and life,
That's what is happening to Gabe a bright football player that a traffic accident cut off short his rising career.
Hannah Price the guilty party on that frightful day is trying to be out of his way but sometimes life put you on the steps of someone who has no strength to keep going.
It's a lovely story about letting go of the past and
embracing new beginnings,
forgiving and forgetting
A chance to love and be
Sati Marie Frost
Three years ago, Hannah Price was hurrying to catch up with her ex-husband's car while he sped away with their two boys. In her hurry, she illegally overtook the car in front of her, crossing into the opposite lane, and hit the car that was coming towards her.

Three years later, she's still consumed with guilt. She escaped from the crash unharmed, but NFL football player and Dundee, Idaho's local hero Gabriel Holbrook was left in a wheelchair with a crushed spine. Now he's coming out of his isola
Ayu Wirdha
Dec 28, 2015 Ayu Wirdha rated it liked it

Ternyata pelatih baseball SMA yang akan digantikan oleh Gabe itu ayahnya Mike yg meninggal mendadak krn jantung. 3thn Gabe bersembunyi setelah kecelakaan yg membuatnya tdk dapat berjalan sekaligus menghentikan karirnya sbg pemain NFL yg sukses. Persaingan posisi pelatih yg ikut menyeret2 Kenny pdhal Kenny sendiri sudah serba salah karena ibunyalah yg menabrak Gabe. Hannah sendiri sadar dgn keadaan itu, blm lagi dgn ex yg bikin masalah jg. 3
Carol Lee
May 18, 2015 Carol Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I loved the way gabe was teasing Hannah when she was trying to get him to start socializing again. Such a cute story, not just about boy getting the girl but them becoming a family with Hannah's sons from a previous marriage.
Eleanore June
Apr 06, 2016 Eleanore June rated it it was ok
I think that this just wasn't a good fit for me. It was too "Womens Lit" and not enough fun romance. Terrible ex husbands are not something I enjoy reading nor am I a fan of the authors writing style. Also I don't like football.
So- this wasn't a good choice of books for me.
Beverly
Sep 19, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Fun and easy to read even if you know how it is going to turn out. Characters and the relationship seemed more true. Just liked this one better than the prior one.
Kathleen Johnstone
Nov 05, 2015 Kathleen Johnstone rated it liked it
Hmmmm I'm on the rock with this one I really enjoyed it but it wasn't what I expected compared to the others
Moira
Jul 01, 2014 Moira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Gabe and Hannah's story. It's a big thing to forgive and forget but Gabe proves that true love wins hands down every time!
Natalie Alder
Jul 15, 2014 Natalie Alder rated it really liked it
Strong woman, sexy guy and a touchy subject.
Kristi

I found this entry in the Dundee series to be better than your average romance read. Some weightier issues were tackled, the chemistry was good and the obstacles to HEA not too heavy handed. As long as the books maintain this quality I will continue to read the series.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Occassionally I step into the adult genre to see if I like an author or not. I gave this one a try and decided it's not my kind of book. Cute story, but not clean enough for me, which is why I stay in YA, Christian Fiction, and LDS Fiction. Oh well, back there I go.
Selina
Dec 02, 2012 Selina rated it really liked it
I loved this story! I thought Gabe was very likable, and I did like Hannah. I did think Gabe's attraction to Hannah could have been a bit more drawn out, but overall, I still liked it a lot!
Cynthia Cirrincione
Sep 19, 2012 Cynthia Cirrincione rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the series, so far. It may be because I identified with the ex-husband situation. I also love learning more & more about the people in the town of Dundee.
Sheri
Sep 05, 2011 Sheri rated it liked it
I really liked this book. There are so many good things in it. All the secondary characters are well-drawn. I liked both Gabe and Hannah.

Stacey Shaul
Aug 12, 2011 Stacey Shaul rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Brenda Novak and I intend to read more! Fast paced, great character building and fantastic ending!!
Tess Nancarrow
Apr 02, 2013 Tess Nancarrow rated it it was amazing
Great story! The relationship between H/h was perfect and everyone got what they deserved in the end!
Gail
Liked it a lot. Plenty of real-life conflict that I thought was quite believable. Good read.
Kay
Jun 19, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good characters, good plot, good storytelling, good read. I'm really liking this author.
Beverly
Apr 12, 2010 Beverly rated it it was amazing
I loved this light predictable read.
Cassandra
Loved it! A wonderful story.
Kristine Cassan
Mar 30, 2013 Kristine Cassan rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book!!!
Linda Joplin
Jan 05, 2013 Linda Joplin rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book!
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Michelle Cardwell kaiman
Michelle Cardwell kaiman marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
  • The Write Man for Her
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Within Reach
  • A Life Worth Living
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • Donovan's Child (Bravo Family, #30)
  • Have Me
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • Montana Secrets
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • The Mommy Quest (Luchettis Brothers #6)
  • The Long Shot (The Fallon Brothers, #1)
  • Baby & the Beast
  • One for the Road
  • The Boldest Man in Ballymuir (Ballymuir, #2)
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure
  • Unexpected Family
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak...

Dundee, Idaho (8 books)
  • A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #1)
  • A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #2)
  • A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #3)
  • A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (Dundee, Idaho, #6)
  • The Other Woman (Dundee, Idaho, #7)
  • Coulda Been a Cowboy (Dundee, Idaho, #8)

“Weak women get no respect.” 0 likes
“there were two kinds of men: strong men, who remained true to their internal compasses regardless of all else; and weak men who were easily misled and wound up cheating themselves of all they could be. He’d told Gabe he only wanted strong men” 0 likes