Start by marking “Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)” as Want to Read:
Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)

Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho #5)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  21 reviews

The car accident was Hannah Price's fault--a few seconds of inattention that changed Gabe Holbrook's life forever, destroying everything he'd been or ever wanted to be. He was a man who'd had it all. Intelligent, handsome, talented, rich, he'd been one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Now he's come home to Dundee, the small town where he was raised, but he's a stranger

Paperback, Harlequin Super Romance #1278, 282 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Harlequin Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Stranger in Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranger in Town

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasTo Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth HoytRunning Scarred by Jackie WilliamsThe Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer AshleyForever Scarred by Jackie Williams
romance where hero/heroine have a disability
113th out of 294 books — 189 voters
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa MedeirosThe Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer AshleyRunning Scarred by Jackie WilliamsWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesForever Scarred by Jackie Williams
Books with Disabled Heros
364th out of 375 books — 375 voters

More lists with this book...

Tia
This book is a keeper! The heroine and hero got into a car accident that was so bad the hero temporarily lost all the use of his legs, although he still remains mostly paralyzed. Eventually they fell in love but the heroine's ex husband was a total butthole! He caused trouble and emotionally abused the heroine even after the divorce but with the hero's help with raising the heroine's two sons and a whole lot of love, it seems they will all be just fine!
Dianne
A Stranger in Town by Brenda Novak
This is a perfect read for the football widows out there this Super Bowl weekend!
Have you ever done something incredibly stupid while you were driving and not gotten caught doing it? Some action that if you did it, might cause you to injure of cripple someone in an accident? Well that is exactly what happened to Hannah. Her ex-husband has taken her children and he is only a few minutes ahead of her. Perhaps she could catch up to him – if only she wasn’t behind t
Loverlypurple
I enjoyed this story of forgiveness and love. The story really drew me in. I really liked Hannah, her two boys, Gabe and of course Lazarus. I haven't read any of the other books of this series but would be interested in reading more about the folks of Dundee. This however is definitely a good stand alone book.
Sandra
i really liked the read. sometimes it was hard to keep on reading because the tension was so real in this book, that i couldn't stand to keep on reading. but i was really worth it. :)
Sati Marie Frost
Three years ago, Hannah Price was hurrying to catch up with her ex-husband's car while he sped away with their two boys. In her hurry, she illegally overtook the car in front of her, crossing into the opposite lane, and hit the car that was coming towards her.

Three years later, she's still consumed with guilt. She escaped from the crash unharmed, but NFL football player and Dundee, Idaho's local hero Gabriel Holbrook was left in a wheelchair with a crushed spine. Now he's coming out of his isola
Beverly
Fun and easy to read even if you know how it is going to turn out. Characters and the relationship seemed more true. Just liked this one better than the prior one.
Moira
I enjoyed Gabe and Hannah's story. It's a big thing to forgive and forget but Gabe proves that true love wins hands down every time!
Natalie Alder
Strong woman, sexy guy and a touchy subject.
Kristi

I found this entry in the Dundee series to be better than your average romance read. Some weightier issues were tackled, the chemistry was good and the obstacles to HEA not too heavy handed. As long as the books maintain this quality I will continue to read the series.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Occassionally I step into the adult genre to see if I like an author or not. I gave this one a try and decided it's not my kind of book. Cute story, but not clean enough for me, which is why I stay in YA, Christian Fiction, and LDS Fiction. Oh well, back there I go.
Selina
I loved this story! I thought Gabe was very likable, and I did like Hannah. I did think Gabe's attraction to Hannah could have been a bit more drawn out, but overall, I still liked it a lot!
Cynthia Cirrincione
This is my favorite of the series, so far. It may be because I identified with the ex-husband situation. I also love learning more & more about the people in the town of Dundee.
Sheri
I really liked this book. There are so many good things in it. All the secondary characters are well-drawn. I liked both Gabe and Hannah.

Stacey Shaul
This is the first book I've read by Brenda Novak and I intend to read more! Fast paced, great character building and fantastic ending!!
Tess Nancarrow
Great story! The relationship between H/h was perfect and everyone got what they deserved in the end!
Gail
Liked it a lot. Plenty of real-life conflict that I thought was quite believable. Good read.
Kay
Good characters, good plot, good storytelling, good read. I'm really liking this author.
Beverly
I loved this light predictable read.
Cassandra
Loved it! A wonderful story.
Kristine Cassan
This was a very good book!!!
Linda Joplin
LOVED this book!
Elizabeth Witzke-Baum
Elizabeth Witzke-Baum marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Lurie Twist
Lurie Twist marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Kristin Whitney
Kristin Whitney marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • The Write Man for Her
  • Within Reach
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure
  • A Life Worth Living
  • The Marine's Baby
  • Baby & the Beast
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • The Boldest Man in Ballymuir (Ballymuir, #2)
  • Jenna's Cowboy Hero (The Cowboy Series, #4)
  • Her Lone Cowboy (Larch Valley, #3)
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • One for the Road
  • Have Me
  • Broken (1NightStand, #100)
  • Montana Secrets
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak...

Dundee, Idaho (8 books)
  • A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #1)
  • A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #2)
  • A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #3)
  • A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (Dundee, Idaho, #6)
  • The Other Woman (Dundee, Idaho, #7)
  • Coulda Been a Cowboy (Dundee, Idaho, #8)
When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5) Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1) When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)