Start by marking “To Walk in His Moccasins: A Sequel to the Painting on the Pond” as Want to Read:
To Walk in His Moccasins: A Sequel to the Painting on the Pond

To Walk in His Moccasins: A Sequel to the Painting on the Pond

A journey into the rugged wilderness of Alaska in search of a lost gold mine has gone bad for Jerry Stone. Betrayed by the love of his life, and Eric Duncan, the son of the man he has gone to help, Jerry is seriously injured as he plunges through the mossy surface of a chilling, black bog. He narrowly escapes a hideous death, through the frantic efforts of his life-long fr ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about To Walk in His Moccasins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Walk in His Moccasins

Lewestover
Aug 08, 2008 Lewestover rated it really liked it
Technically a sequel to "The Painting on the Pond", but stands pretty well on its own...I actually enjoyed this book better than the first one. The characters are better developed, and the whole story seems more believable. The theme revolves around handling the hardships of life and the healing power of love.
Jennifer Blaine
Sep 08, 2007 Jennifer Blaine rated it it was ok
If you want a really cheesy read, then this one is for you. So cheesy, I just read it for the cheese.
Chrissy
Jan 26, 2012 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to the first book, "Painting on the Pond". I truly hope that Sharon Lewis Koho makes a series out of the books she has started. If you haven't read that book first I would suggest starting that book first as to not lose insight into the second. I admit that the first one was slow to start but I am glad I stuck through it and picked up this one. This book continues on with what transpires from the first one but from the perspective of Jerry, David's friend.

The only flaws I coul
Cheryl
Jul 23, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Shelves: 6th-journal
This was so much the same as the first book. However I loved the Alaskan mining history so I gave it a 4. I also fell in love with the little boy Danny who made the story a bit richer. However the story was almost a repeat of the first book. Spoiler alert * How many times can an injured man fall in love with the woman who nurses him back to health? However I read these because my Mom asked me too. :o) So I guess that is what was important. Not horrible read but not really amazing either.
Amy
Aug 29, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
I liked this book much better than the first. Loved the mystery involved and the solving of the mystery.
Can I just say I love Danny! My heart was drawn to him from the first. I laughed and cried at the things him and Jerry went through together. Such a special bond.
Very good read with lots and lots of emotions. Really enjoyed the book and what an example Jerry is on letting go and forgiving.
Yvonne Mortensen
Mar 14, 2016 Yvonne Mortensen rated it liked it
It was ok, I'm glad I read it and finished the story. I liked the first one better. This is a sweet story, the details of Jerry and Danny's hospital time were really engaging. But the storyline after that was predictable.
Kristine
Sep 12, 2008 Kristine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenage to adult
This book was a little more predictible than the first book "the painitng on the pond" but every bit as enjoyable. I laughed and cried with the characters in the book. The title truly carries the wonderful message of this book. The writing was smooth and easy to read and the book was never boring.
Laurene
May 29, 2011 Laurene rated it really liked it
My husband got me this book for Mother's Day, I thought it was really sweet that he would go and ask someone what a good book would be for a gift! What a sweetheart, and I enjoyed it, it's an easy read.
April
Jul 28, 2008 April rated it liked it
Recommended to April by: The author Sharon Koho
This book was okay for me I feel that the story-line was predictable, nevertheless it was easy reading and had a feel good happy ending
Sue
I won't read this book; I tried to read the first book by this author and was disappointed in the strong Mormon slant. The first book also read like a primer.
Berdean
Jan 17, 2010 Berdean rated it really liked it
Continuation from The Painting on the pond. Mostly about Davids friend Jerry and an Indian girl Racheal who loves him stays by his stide at hospital after he is seriously hurt in Bog.
Pmcleese
Mar 24, 2014 Pmcleese rated it liked it
Certainly not a literary giant but a very enjoyable read with good character development. It was hard not to like the main characters and to really dislike Roxanne. A good, easy read!!
Joyce
Feb 24, 2009 Joyce rated it really liked it
I met this author at the bookstore. It is a quick read, adventure, romance novel. It is purely for fun.
Joleen
Joleen rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2010
Brandie
Brandie rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2008
Esther Somorai
Esther Somorai rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2011
Amy B
Amy B rated it really liked it
May 24, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2013
Shawna
Shawna rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2008
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2017
Tiffany Smith
Tiffany Smith rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2009
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2008
Valerie Jones
Valerie Jones rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2011
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Susan
Oct 11, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to "Painting on the Pond" and is an amazing love story!
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2011
J Marie
J Marie rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012