Start by marking “I Love Capri” as Want to Read:
I Love Capri

I Love Capri (LoveTravel #2)

Kim Rees became a translator for the glamorous jet-set lifestyle. So, five years later, how come she's ended up in a basement flat in Cardiff translating German computer games in her dressing gown? Fortunately her mother has a plan to extract her from her marshmellowy rut: a trip to the magical isle of Capri.

At first Kim refuses to wake up and smell the bougainvillea, but
Published July 4th 2002 by Arrow

To ask other readers questions about I Love Capri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Capri

Something Borrowed by Emily GiffinCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
Chick Lit for the Beach
457th out of 1,101 books — 1,602 voters
Divas Las Vegas by Belinda JonesBridget Jones's Diary and Bridget Jones by Helen FieldingSushi for Beginners by Marian KeyesConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThirtynothing by Lisa Jewell
Dumb Blonde
10th out of 15 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Busymum
May 01, 2012 Busymum rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Read it on holiday in Sorrento took evening trip to Capri and this book simply came alive. Perfect sun bed read.
Vanessa
May 09, 2010 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Belina Jones has a knack for writing books that make you feel like you are on vacation --- she always chooses some great place to set her story in, and her writing is fun and really enjoyable!
Rachel DuBois
Aug 23, 2010 Rachel DuBois rated it liked it
The cover really gives you no idea how enjoyable and well-written this book is. Beautiful scenery and a story of personal transformation -- great relaxing read.
Kimberly V
Aug 05, 2014 Kimberly V rated it liked it
When Kim Rees inherits money from her grandfather, she decides that the money would be best spent on liposuction for herself and her best friend. When Kim's mother learns of her plans, she thwarts them by inviting her on a trip to Capri to act as her interpreter. Throughout her stay, Kim discovers all that the island has to offer, reconnects with her mother, and has a few adventures of her own. I Love Capri by Belinda Jones is a very light, whimsical novel. Ms. Jones excels at creating vivid ...more
Ding
Oct 30, 2013 Ding rated it did not like it
This is just my humble opinion and many might find this book super super great so everything said here needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

This book got me blabbering, but not in a good way. I think my friends hate this book more than me because they got to hear EVERYTHING that is wrong with it. Now this book was long and annoying but I hate not finishing books so here I go, masochist that I am. And I come to almost like the book and then everything went from bad to almost good to worse. The
LadyTechie
Jul 28, 2013 LadyTechie rated it liked it
I loved the wonderful descriptions of Italy. Cleo was wonderful and I also like Gina a great deal. She was flawed but she was working on it and we later find out how hard she has been working on it. But, despite 3 generations of things in Kim's life and how her previous luck with men has gone I just would not have seen her going this route. I'm quite disappointed and though it does not mean that this is not a good story I just had a hard time with it. I know it happens everyday but 3 generations ...more
Brit McCarthy
My boyfriend's mum brought this back for me from Sorrento, Italy, because she loved Capri and she knows I love to read (she had no idea of the quality of the book, just thought it would be fun). As she's just gotten back and I've heard all her stories, I 'recognised' (though had never seen except in my mind) many of the places that Kim goes to, and things she sees and does.

As for the storyline itself, it was pretty average. It was a light, fun read although at times there was, among the fluff, s
Polly Blythen
Feb 19, 2010 Polly Blythen rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Nobody.
Shelves: chic-lit
After really loving The California Club I was looking forward to ready this book. The plot sounded good and I enjoyed Belinda Jones's style of writing. But when I read it I found that it had a very slow pace, took about half of the book to get to anything near exiting and I didn't really care what happened to the characters. Another thing that annoyed me was that Belinda Jones seemed to be trying to justify cheating. The book gave out the message that if if you love the person it's okay to cheat ...more
Rachel
Nov 06, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
A perfect undemanding read for when you're not feeling 100%. Brilliant descriptions which leave you feeling you must jump on a plane to Italy!
The cover is not great, it doesn't prepare you for the better than expected quality of writing at all.
It looks like a case of having to buy the next book to find out what happens to all of the characters as the ending is more like a comma than a full-stop. This is a bit irritating but I enjoyed the book so much I'll look out for the sequel, if there is o
Raven
Jan 03, 2016 Raven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been SO into this book, at first. I visited Italy after graduating HS, and it brought back great memories for me, and it seemed like a cute, fluffy read I was really enjoying.

Then everything took a turn for the worst. I hated the ending of this book SO MUCH. I was left feeling disgusted with the main character {and the love interest} and their choices. Everyone was gross.

It's really a shame because until the moment where things started shifting to encouraging and romanticizing cheating {gr
Minaz
Jul 01, 2011 Minaz rated it did not like it
I really did not like this book. I was bored most of the time, waiting for something to happen.

The book had potential but it just did not live up to it.

I found the character Kim to be selfish, she only thought about what she wanted; I also did not like Luca, who was just as bad.
Kim did not once stop to think about how Luca's wife would feel, and I generally thought she was a hypocrite.
The book did condone cheating; basically if that is what you feel like doing, then that is fine, no matter wh
Alice Chamberlain
Jun 02, 2013 Alice Chamberlain rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance, comedy
Another girly read from Belinda, this one telling the story of Kim, who takes a trip to Italy and finds herself falling for a man who is (shock! horror!) married.

Having read Divas Las Vegas beforehand, I have to admit I do prefer that story to this one. I didn't feel like I connected to Kim at all, she did annoy me at times. As always though, I loved the descriptions of the island of Capri - Belinda has a way of making her locations sound magical, and it just makes me want to jump on a plane!
Abi
Nov 05, 2016 Abi rated it it was amazing
...and so began my love for Italy.
First reading this book at 15 I fell in love with the characters and their surroundings. Belinda Jones always makes her destinations seem amazing but there is something quite magical about this one, from the heavenly ice creams and cobbled streets to the blue of the sea and the history of love the country is steeped in.
Ten years on and this book is still a favourite...it ignited the dream!
Katie Huscroft
Sep 02, 2014 Katie Huscroft rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Bethany Mead
Apr 07, 2015 Bethany Mead rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book. I enjoyed getting to know the characters, and joining in on their adventures in Italy. Now I wanna go! I liked how the ending wasn't your cookie cutter romance ending. It may also be helpful to know that the main character is British, so there are some references to cultural items or slang that you may be unfamiliar with if you're not of that country.
Jen
Nov 30, 2015 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Chik-lit!

I don't usually read this genre but I liked the write up and reviews. Wow! This was a great feel good book. Kim was real n down to earth. The imagery of Capri and Italy were so detailed, it felt like you were there. I recommend this to anyone looking for a fun read for the beach or on a cold winter night!
Karschtl
Nov 10, 2011 Karschtl rated it really liked it
Yes, the story is in parts not too realistic (this "I've been in love with you long before I even met you"-thing), but it's a very likeable holiday story that does not have the usual ending where everyone is happily ever after at the end.
B&p
Mar 17, 2014 B&p rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ชอบอ่ะ โรแมนติกดีนะแต่ไม่ชอบตอนจบเท่าไหร่แต่ก็สมจริงดีนะ ชอบตอนที่คิมไปหาโรซา...ผู้หญิงที่ได้ชื่อว่าเป็นชู้กับตาของเธอ และเป็นต้นเหตุให้ยายหอบลูก(แม่ของเธอ)มาจากอิตาลี การพูดคุยกับโรซาทำให้คิมเข้าใจอะไรๆดีขึ้น อีกฉากที่ชอบคือตอนที่คิมอ่านจดหมายที่แม่เขียนถึงพ่อ(ตา) มันทำให้เธอเข้าใจแม่มากยิ่งขึ้น
Anita
Aug 09, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-e-books
Surprising. I didn't expect much and nearly passed it due to the title and cover, figuring it would be a lame unoriginal uninspiringcliche. Very wrong!

This more of a coming of age or into one 's own than a romance. An enjoyable read.
Ebehi
Jul 02, 2011 Ebehi rated it it was ok
It was okay, and I really liked the descriptions of Capri but I got annoyed by the way the book condoned cheating. Kim's endless psychoanalysis also got tiring after a bit and the ending was just overkill.
Nadia
Jun 21, 2014 Nadia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I always take this book with me when I go on a holiday! It's a great book to just sit and relax where ever you are and a book you can read over and over again and still feel the same feeling as the feeling you had the first time you read it. It's just a great book!
Aug 19, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I REALLY liked this book and I'm kind of surprised by that. It was funny and engaging. I'm very much a happily-ever-after kind of reader and this one is more a contentedly-ever-after kind of book. I would (and did!) recommend it to my friends.
Rebecca Smith
Aug 20, 2012 Rebecca Smith rated it it was amazing
loved this book the best of the collection dont forget to read the others or you will never know the ending to this one
Anita Schoenmaker-Bos
I only wish I could change the ending..... The first part I hoped he was divorced and this was just not mentioned! Too bad this was not the case....
Pam
Mar 09, 2015 Pam rated it it was amazing
A lovely read, and a fantastic mental get-a-way to Capri! Can't wait to read the rest of this travel series.
Jessica Thornton
Nov 23, 2012 Jessica Thornton rated it liked it

Very good, the plot moved at just the right pace and was emotionally and visually engaging. However the ending was very unsatisfying and frustrating and a bit anticlimactic.
Julee
Mar 20, 2015 Julee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

I liked this book because of the travel aspect. The idea of travel adventures is very appealing to me. Makes me want to go to Capri!
Niki
Dec 21, 2012 Niki rated it really liked it
I loved this book from start to finish especially all the details about Italy really made this book come alive for me. a fun summery read:)
Frances McHugh
Nov 03, 2015 Frances McHugh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this, very evocative. I've been to Capri and I could imagine myself back there as I read, don't really like romance novels but loved this and have re-read it.
Amanda Hockenberry
Wow!

Definitely a good, quick, and easy read that can really boost a girl's confidence when she is feeling down. A while new perspective tothe life of women! So inspiring!
Duplicate? 1 1 Mar 07, 2015 11:13AM
  • Kiss and Tell
  • Cuba
  • Last Train From Liguria
  • Handbags and Gladrags
  • Where Have All the Boys Gone?
  • Villa Serena
  • An Eligible Bachelor
  • A Single to Rome
Belinda Jones was born in Turnbridge Wells, Kent England. At the age of 19 she moved to London, where she resided for the next ten years before moving to California. She now lives in Los Angeles.

Belinda Jones writes books for women which focus around travel and womens issues, particularly relationships. Her books tend to fall into the romance, chick lit and women's fiction categories
More about Belinda Jones...

LoveTravel (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Divas Las Vegas: A Tale of Love, Friendship, and Sequined Underpants