Start by marking “Spring Cleaning ” as Want to Read:
Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning

Sometimes, relationships can be deadly.

Terri thought she was marrying a strong, loving man, only to find that beneath that handsome face lies something cold, brutal, and dangerous. After years of abuse, Randy takes things a little too far, and Terri finally summons the courage to take matters into her own hands and make her escape. But freedom comes at a price.

Forging a n
Kindle Edition
Published August 2012 (first published July 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Spring Cleaning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Cleaning

Juliet
The first thing that caught my eye about this book is definitely the cover. It screamed THRILLER to me. Once I started reading the book, I can't put it down.

This book tells the story of Terri who had an abusive husband. The Prologue tells about how she decided that she had enough of him and its time to end the beatings. I wanted to applaud for her courage and I loved how she described the throwing out of his stuffs as Spring Cleaning.

The story progressed with her living in disguise to ward off
Jonel Boyko
Apr 02, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing
As an author, Salazar is very diverse. She writes about a variety of different topics and approaches a variety of touchy subjects, bringing them to light and giving a venue for discussion. She also makes each and every one of her works a phenomenal work of art. They are uniquely captivating tales that bring forward some issues in mainstream society that most individuals don’t like to talk about. Spring Cleaning is definitely one of those stories.

I couldn’t put this book down. I was captivated fr
Elsa Carrion
Jul 17, 2012 Elsa Carrion rated it it was amazing
What can I say….but wow! Another great story from Ms. B. Salazar. I have read four of her eight books and have come to the conclusion that no matter what she puts out I am going to love. She keeps my mind from wondering with her great writing style and this story is another proof that whatever she writes will be a hit with me.

Terry has had enough and wants to start clean but her abusive soon to be ex-husband wants her back. Her new job is not great but she earns enough to pay the bills and she
Cherry Lemonade
May 28, 2013 Cherry Lemonade rated it it was amazing

I absolutely loved the story! I found it to be very well done and I absolutely loved the characters in the book! I don’t know how Terri drew inner strength the way she did!

This was a great example of a book you don’t want to put down. The plot line consisted of Terri trying to escape the past with an abusive husband, and what happens after he gets out of prison with an axe to grind. While trying to protect Terri from her ex-husband Randy, her boss Luke falls for her. The lengths these two go to
wjbooks
Aug 12, 2016 wjbooks rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from Ms. Salazar and I would like to continue to read more of her books! Spring Cleaning starts off kinda more into the storyline then I wanted to be. I think it would have been better if we could have built up getting to know the main characters like Randy, and how his rage/anger started.
The book definitely had me wanting more by the time I was turning a page. I would get through a chapter then another one, till I was almost half way through the book. It is sc
Jayn Wilde
Apr 11, 2013 Jayn Wilde rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Ms. Salazar's that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. First of all, I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book. The abuse that Terri went through, the life she had to suffer, all broke my heart in so many ways. The acts that her husband, Randy, committed were heinous. Too often, this is the reality for many women.

Anyway, I absolutely adored Luke and although he wasn't a squeaky clean kind of guy, he had worked through many of his own demons and was trying t
Genevieve Scholl
Apr 19, 2013 Genevieve Scholl rated it really liked it
WHAT I LIKED: This author has a lot of talent. The mixture of drama and romance was so well crafted, that I went through more emotions in this one book than I ever have before while reading. It cleverly mixes good and bad, sweet and shocking, and mysterious and romantic. It seemed almost effortless for the author to convey anticipation, intrigue, and scenes that made my adrenaline run high from page 1 until the very end.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: I would have liked to see the fight scene in the beginni
Ronni
Aug 31, 2013 Ronni rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Aug 28, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Full of suspense and romance! I loved it!

Terri married the perfect man. Or so she thought. Her perfect husband became the monster she never wanted. Ever. He abused her throughout their entire marriage. Until finally, Terri turns him in. Although she ran away and started a new life for herself, Randy is still after her, seeking for revenge.

This book was a great read. I had high expectations for it and it reached them!
5 Stars!
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Feb 19, 2013 Bèbè ✦ RANT ✦ rated it it was amazing
Funny, mysterious and over the top. Thumbs up
wjbooks
Mar 04, 2013 wjbooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary
Aug 09, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Spring Cleaning was the second book that I've read by Brandi Salazar. It is a solid story that is well written. In general, I thought she did a good job building the main characters (Luke and Terri.) I would have liked a little more information about Luke's past. But, overall, I didn't feel that it was lacking. Their romance didn't feel forced and I appreciated that it wasn't "magical". They simply grew to love each other.

While the book was suspenseful, I cannot say I was surprised by the majori
Linda Wilkinson-wing
Jul 22, 2012 Linda Wilkinson-wing rated it really liked it
There is a certain realism in this story that makes it appealing to any woman who has ever been abused or controlled by a man. They will cheer the ending.
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Meegan
Meegan rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Brooke
Brooke rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Nette
Nette rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Brandi Salazar
Jun 07, 2012 Brandi Salazar rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bookie08
Bookie08 rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
J Winchester
J Winchester rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Shinnra
Shinnra rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
May 06, 2015
Jayme Morse
Jayme Morse marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Dale Ibitz
Dale Ibitz marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)
Kat (Kindred Dreamheart) marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2012
Disincentive/Feta
Disincentive/Feta marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2012
Zero
Zero marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2012
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Beka
Beka marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Ariel Toulouse
Ariel Toulouse marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Holly Hood
Holly Hood marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Maryann
Maryann marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Bekah AwesomeBookNut
Bekah AwesomeBookNut marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Ashley Myles
Ashley Myles marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Bobbi Gutierrez
Bobbi Gutierrez marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Paying
Paying marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Kayleigh Slater
Kayleigh Slater marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Raquel slaughter
Raquel slaughter marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Valery
Valery marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
Andra
Andra marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Mercy
Mercy marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2012
Heldi
Heldi marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Raquel slaughter
Raquel slaughter marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2012
Brandi Salazar started writing poetry, short stories, and novels at a very young age, weaving tales to share with her friends that were geared toward making them laugh. Today her writing habits reflect that, ranging from mystery/suspense/thriller to paranormal and YA romance, and no matter how different her works may be, you can always find a healthy dose of action, romance, and humor. Under the ...more
More about Brandi Salazar...

“He had to get inside. It was essential that he know everything, the routes she took, her schedule, and the lay of the land.
The silver moon glowed overhead, mocking him. Somewhere in the trees an owl hooted its laughter at his failure.

Randy--from Spring Cleaning--Coming Summer 2012”
7 likes
“Terri had already gotten her panties into a bunch just from one little phone call, so he knew coming at her too much too fast would be more trouble than it was worth. He couldn’t exactly beat her into submission, not right away anyway. Although he did enjoy seeing her get all riled up.
Nothing tugged at a man’s heartstrings like a pair of mascara smeared eyes.

Randy from Spring Cleaning-- Coming Summer 2012”
3 likes