Start by marking “The Aladdin Factor: How to Ask For and Get Everything You Want” as Want to Read:
The Aladdin Factor: How to Ask For and Get Everything You Want

The Aladdin Factor: How to Ask For and Get Everything You Want

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  635 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Personal happiness, creative fulfillment, professional success, freedom from fear, and a new promise of joy: they're yours for the asking. Anything is possible, if you dare to ask -- and The Aladdin Factor will show you how!

The Aladdin Factor is the magical wellspring of confidence, desire and the willingness to ask that allows us to make wishes come true. Blending candor
Audio, Abridged, 3 pages
Published September 15th 1995 by Macmillan Audio (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Aladdin Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aladdin Factor

Your Weight Loss Journey - Overcome Obesity Excuses by Sharon FrenchHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieHow to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas RockwellHow to Cook Everything by Mark BittmanHow to Be Alone by Jonathan Franzen
How To...
101st out of 129 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Loy Machedo

Loy Machedo’s Book Review – Aladdin Factor by Jack Canfield.

I had purchased this book in the year 1999, when I think I was hardly 20 years old. At that phase of my life, this book was a total master-piece. I was amazed and marveled at the wisdom contained in these pages. It is nearly after 13 years, that I am re-reading this book once again to discover, what it was that gave me such a ray of hope, strength and courage.

The book is in typical Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen’s fashion – Cher
Lain
Jan 02, 2011 Lain rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess I'd give this 2.5 stars. Writers, they are not. They are more compilers of information. And the info in this book was delivered by chapter 2. Bottom line: Figure out what you want and don't be afraid to ask for it.

The Aladdin storyline was lame, though there were some good principles relayed. I just thought it could have been summed up much more quickly. Also, I think the authors should have addressed giving back. People who keep asking but never give are annoying. And just because some
Guillermo Angeris
I start this review with a warning: I generally abhor purely self-help books. The only reason I read this was because it was a gift from my mom, so read the rest of the review with that in mind.

Overall, I thought it wasn't too terrible of a read. The anecdotes were entertaining and somewhat helpful in illustrating the point[1], though I did not like the general use of the fictional Aladdin as an extended allegory---most of its purpose seemed fairly forced and not really necessary. The book also
Melinda Christensen
Apr 04, 2015 Melinda Christensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Having written, "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books, the authors pen a brilliant book with a simple premise: in order to get the things you need, you must first ask for them. Through marvelous examples and stories they illustrate and teach how to do just that. Everyone should read this book; what a treasure trove of ideas!
Sandy Geroux
Jul 07, 2014 Sandy Geroux rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book filled with incredible ideas and stories of people who got what they wanted by asking for it... and taking steps to improve themselves to make it happen. I have so many paper clips in the book to mark stories I loved that the book is filled with them!
The principle of asking for what you want is a great one. The only way to ensure that you will *not* get what you want/need is to not ask for it. The author drives the point home to redundancy, and I was able to skip whole chapters that just didn't apply to me (re: children and their school situations). But the repetition wasn't ridiculous; it's a self-help book, and we all know how hard it can be to change habits. The first few chapters go into detail about *why* we might be reluctant to ask fo ...more
Ellen Pilch
This book was OK, but not great. It could have been written as a 2 page manual instead of adding a bunch of boring examples. Basically, if you want something in life ( from your kids, spouse, boss, etc.), you need to ask for it ( nicely).
Laura Lynch

“Ask and you shall receive” is the one of the core messages of The Aladdin Factor. The book instructs you on how to identify what you want, determine who can give you what you want and asking for it in a clear and concise manner.

The book also looks at the reasons why people fear asking. The Aladdin Factor states that you have nothing to loss by making a request and you might gain something in the process. It teaches that you replace no with next until you obtain what you want.

The book has plent
Koby Bryan
I read this book specifically because I have problems asking for help, I am very self reliant and my first impulse is to do things myself. This book was a great exploration of asking, and giving.
Nun
Dec 20, 2008 Nun rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
buku ini q baca waktu kuliah, pinjeman dari kawan.
buku bagus yang sangat kaya akan makna tuhan sisi dan sudut pandang yang lain/

seandainya kita punya tuhan spt kita punya lampu aladin, yang padanya kita bisa meminta apapun, kapanpun, dan dimanapun. dan setiap permintaan kita itu, akan dikabulkan secepat mungkin sesuai permintaan. hebat bukan.

karena tuhan maha berkuasa dan memiliki segalanya, tentu saja permintaan mahkluknya bukanlah sesuatu yang muskil. intinya hanyalah pada bagaimana cara kita
Kim
May 18, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio book. It as good and motivational. It makes me realize that I need to ask more for the things that I want out of life on all levels.
Ninhkun
Apr 07, 2015 Ninhkun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I love this book.It is really interesting.I knew Jack when I watched the film :Law of attraction.I think it very useful for everybody
Nadine Wildfjord
the idea is brilliant yet it was described just from only one point of view. and I wasn't quite satisfied with some examples in particular, so....
Waseem
Dec 17, 2014 Waseem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was actually a great book, for a moment i thought...here we go , another one of them 'good feel self help books' but the message behind this is very clear and important, ones ability to simply ask. This has been especially difficult for me in life, whether it be due to ego, martyr or wanting to show independence or self made success...

...but sometimes in life, when all the dust settles and is all set and done, we just gotta take a step back, relax...and have confidence to just ask and not f
Manish Saini
Dec 19, 2014 Manish Saini rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is one of the greatest books to learn lessons how to ask for what you want. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen both done a great job. It's a must read book.
Stacy
Apr 14, 2010 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stacy by: Ken
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't care for the format of this book. Now I know why professors never wanted you to use too many quotes in your writing! I was expecting to hear more from the authors and less in the way of other peoples' stories. However, the main point (that if you want something, ask for it) definitely is something I need to hear. I like the philosophy and I hope I can do a better job of applying it to my life. Glad I read it.
Armand
Feb 20, 2010 Armand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Love this book in the sense that it made me realized that asking isn't a bad thing if you feel that you deserve something and are willing to work for it to get it. The author explains the art and magic of asking as that of aladdin and the genie in that we have to be specific in what we have to ask to get it and to be clearabout it. Truly an uplifting book as only the author of Chicken soup of the soul can do.
Simon
Apr 14, 2013 Simon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing self development book that made a huge impact on my life. It's funny how many times we don't get what we want simply because we don't ask for it.

If you have ever felt submissive and scared to ask for something you really want, this book will turn your life around. After reading this book you'll be asking for things you didn't even know you wanted simply because you can...
Jesse Winslow
I hated the format of this book. It was like Canfield would make a single small statement like "Be Bold" and then would add some strange quotes and anecdotes from other people all in different fonts. If you can get through the rabble, there are some good ideas in this book, like creating your own wish list, and how to ask for what you want. But the format is terrible.
Gerry Brimacombe
Great book, practical advice, tons of good stories and techniques and assignment. Gets a bit religious at the end, but not too bad.
Beata
May 31, 2014 Beata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decided to check this out,but found it a little bit boring, this has some motivating factors in it, but I was left wanting something more. It is written like you will have some great gem if you read to the end, but there is not much there. Took me long time to finish it, because in the meantime I was reading more interesting books.
Piece Of MinD
Mar 03, 2010 Piece Of MinD rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, 2010-reads
The name of the auther say it all, Jack knows exactly how to hook the reader and his books are organized and always vivid with lot of stories to clear his point.
I think this is a first draft for his later book success principles but somehow i love this one more,maybe because its not 500 something page.

overall a good book.
Daniel Taylor
The heart of this book is simple: ask for what you want and you just may get it. The way it was written -- with lots of stories and anecdotes -- didn't suit my preference. But it is filled with some helpful advice on identifying what to ask for and having the courage to ask for it. I'm glad I read it.
Jonsaint
Jan 18, 2014 Jonsaint rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book over 15 years ago. Then, it has opened for me several doors of understanding of how important it is to go for what you want. I remember sharing this to my mates back then. And I still want to recommend it for others to read. I would like to recommend myself reading it again.
Henrik Hallberg
What I was expecting for the first two chapters, then it turned into the grandiose dream-big fluff I didn't.
Nate Bagley
May 06, 2015 Nate Bagley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's some really great stuff in this book... but it also just feels like a bit of a compilation of quotes and stories from other authors. So... 5 stars for an interesting topic, and 3 stars for not possessing much original content.
Rosslyn
Aug 10, 2009 Rosslyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would actually give this 3 and a half stars. It's a good follow up to "The Secret" and has some useful lessons. Still, it leans toward the "Chicken Soup" format, filled with a great deal of anecdotal stories and quotes.
Will Jeffries
May 04, 2011 Will Jeffries rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book literally changed how I ask questions and how I relate with others in my reality. This is definitely a good read.

For more information, go to: http://www.nightingale.com/prod_detai...
Oksana Leslie
May 17, 2015 Oksana Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books
This book is extraordinary. It changed my points of view on some things about life. Easy to read. This book is about personal happiness.This is book I can read several times, and buy for my friends as a gift.
Jay Liu
Jun 20, 2015 Jay Liu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Good at helping you see (and therefore better achieve) possibilities that you didn't realize before. It's like the Secret (as he is one of the contributors), only it isn't all sensationalistic.
  • Cultivating an Unshakable Character
  • All You Can Do Is All You Can Do But All You Can Do Is Enough!
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • The 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires: How to Achieve Financial Independence Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow: Discovering Your Right Livelihood
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • The Power of Ethical Management
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...