The Aladdin Factor: How to Ask For and Get Everything You Want

The Aladdin Factor: How to Ask For and Get Everything You Want

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  394 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Personal happiness, creative fulfillment, professional success, freedom from fear, and a new promise of joy: they're yours for the asking. Anything is possible, if you dare to ask -- and The Aladdin Factor will show you how!

The Aladdin Factor is the magical wellspring of confidence, desire and the willingness to ask that allows us to make wishes come true. Blending candor
Audio, Abridged, 3 pages
Published September 15th 1995 by Macmillan Audio (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Aladdin Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aladdin Factor

Your Weight Loss Journey - Overcome Obesity Excuses by Sharon FrenchHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieHow To Cook Everything by Mark BittmanHow to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas RockwellHow to Travel with a Salmon and Other Essays by Umberto Eco
How To...
90th out of 128 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Loy Machedo

Loy Machedo’s Book Review – Aladdin Factor by Jack Canfield.

I had purchased this book in the year 1999, when I think I was hardly 20 years old. At that phase of my life, this book was a total master-piece. I was amazed and marveled at the wisdom contained in these pages. It is nearly after 13 years, that I am re-reading this book once again to discover, what it was that gave me such a ray of hope, strength and courage.

The book is in typical Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen’s fashion – Cher...more
Lain
I guess I'd give this 2.5 stars. Writers, they are not. They are more compilers of information. And the info in this book was delivered by chapter 2. Bottom line: Figure out what you want and don't be afraid to ask for it.

The Aladdin storyline was lame, though there were some good principles relayed. I just thought it could have been summed up much more quickly. Also, I think the authors should have addressed giving back. People who keep asking but never give are annoying. And just because some...more
Sandy Geroux
Another great book filled with incredible ideas and stories of people who got what they wanted by asking for it... and taking steps to improve themselves to make it happen. I have so many paper clips in the book to mark stories I loved that the book is filled with them!
The principle of asking for what you want is a great one. The only way to ensure that you will *not* get what you want/need is to not ask for it. The author drives the point home to redundancy, and I was able to skip whole chapters that just didn't apply to me (re: children and their school situations). But the repetition wasn't ridiculous; it's a self-help book, and we all know how hard it can be to change habits. The first few chapters go into detail about *why* we might be reluctant to ask fo...more
Ellen Pilch
This book was OK, but not great. It could have been written as a 2 page manual instead of adding a bunch of boring examples. Basically, if you want something in life ( from your kids, spouse, boss, etc.), you need to ask for it ( nicely).
Laura Lynch

“Ask and you shall receive” is the one of the core messages of The Aladdin Factor. The book instructs you on how to identify what you want, determine who can give you what you want and asking for it in a clear and concise manner.

The book also looks at the reasons why people fear asking. The Aladdin Factor states that you have nothing to loss by making a request and you might gain something in the process. It teaches that you replace no with next until you obtain what you want.

The book has plent...more
Nun
buku ini q baca waktu kuliah, pinjeman dari kawan.
buku bagus yang sangat kaya akan makna tuhan sisi dan sudut pandang yang lain/

seandainya kita punya tuhan spt kita punya lampu aladin, yang padanya kita bisa meminta apapun, kapanpun, dan dimanapun. dan setiap permintaan kita itu, akan dikabulkan secepat mungkin sesuai permintaan. hebat bukan.

karena tuhan maha berkuasa dan memiliki segalanya, tentu saja permintaan mahkluknya bukanlah sesuatu yang muskil. intinya hanyalah pada bagaimana cara kita...more
Kim
I listened to the audio book. It as good and motivational. It makes me realize that I need to ask more for the things that I want out of life on all levels.
Waseem
this was actually a great book, for a moment i thought...here we go , another one of them 'good feel self help books' but the message behind this is very clear and important, ones ability to simply ask. This has been especially difficult for me in life, whether it be due to ego, martyr or wanting to show independence or self made success...

...but sometimes in life, when all the dust settles and is all set and done, we just gotta take a step back, relax...and have confidence to just ask and not f...more
Wildfjord
the idea is brilliant yet it was described just from only one point of view. and I wasn't quite satisfied with some examples in particular, so....
Stacy
Apr 14, 2010 Stacy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stacy by: Ken
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't care for the format of this book. Now I know why professors never wanted you to use too many quotes in your writing! I was expecting to hear more from the authors and less in the way of other peoples' stories. However, the main point (that if you want something, ask for it) definitely is something I need to hear. I like the philosophy and I hope I can do a better job of applying it to my life. Glad I read it.
Armand
I Love this book in the sense that it made me realized that asking isn't a bad thing if you feel that you deserve something and are willing to work for it to get it. The author explains the art and magic of asking as that of aladdin and the genie in that we have to be specific in what we have to ask to get it and to be clearabout it. Truly an uplifting book as only the author of Chicken soup of the soul can do.
Simon
Another amazing self development book that made a huge impact on my life. It's funny how many times we don't get what we want simply because we don't ask for it.

If you have ever felt submissive and scared to ask for something you really want, this book will turn your life around. After reading this book you'll be asking for things you didn't even know you wanted simply because you can...
Jesse Winslow
I hated the format of this book. It was like Canfield would make a single small statement like "Be Bold" and then would add some strange quotes and anecdotes from other people all in different fonts. If you can get through the rabble, there are some good ideas in this book, like creating your own wish list, and how to ask for what you want. But the format is terrible.
Beata
Decided to check this out,but found it a little bit boring, this has some motivating factors in it, but I was left wanting something more. It is written like you will have some great gem if you read to the end, but there is not much there. Took me long time to finish it, because in the meantime I was reading more interesting books.
Piece Of MinD
The name of the auther say it all, Jack knows exactly how to hook the reader and his books are organized and always vivid with lot of stories to clear his point.
I think this is a first draft for his later book success principles but somehow i love this one more,maybe because its not 500 something page.

overall a good book.
Jonsaint
I have read this book over 15 years ago. Then, it has opened for me several doors of understanding of how important it is to go for what you want. I remember sharing this to my mates back then. And I still want to recommend it for others to read. I would like to recommend myself reading it again.
Rosslyn
I would actually give this 3 and a half stars. It's a good follow up to "The Secret" and has some useful lessons. Still, it leans toward the "Chicken Soup" format, filled with a great deal of anecdotal stories and quotes.
Will Jeffries
This book literally changed how I ask questions and how I relate with others in my reality. This is definitely a good read.

For more information, go to: http://www.nightingale.com/prod_detai...
Jay Liu
Good at helping you see (and therefore better achieve) possibilities that you didn't realize before. It's like the Secret (as he is one of the contributors), only it isn't all sensationalistic.
Marcy
This book preceded "The Secret", but offered a lot of the same ideas. It really changed the way I approach everything -- that's why I included it here. It improved my life.
Rosie Bernardo
This book is really uplifting and gets you to start thinking that anything is possible. Great for younger readers too, like teens. One of my favorites for a while.
Shelby Isaacson
I am currently reading this book and find it very interesting thus far. I am taking my time going thru the steps and will let you know how I feel at the end.
Ken
Jul 18, 2010 Ken rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
Shelves: self-help
I loved this book. It gives tons of great tips and advice on how to get over our fear of asking. Anything is possible if we just ask for help.
Keli Wright
this book was a bit dated like a lot of that stuff just doesn't work anymore or is illegal .that being said I still liked it and got a lot out of it.
Overall good advice although I got frustrated with the number of various short examples and skipped over many. But definitely a worthwhile read.
Daniel Fazzina
Awesome book with some sage advice. I think I will buy this one and use it as a reference book. Way to go, Jack and Mark!
Himnit
A simple, strong revision of the most single-most powerful act of personal fulfillment and empowerment - Asking!
April
It's an upper for sure. I identified with several of the examples, and I finished it feeling encouraged and cheerful.
Kami
Really good! Good points, ideas, and especially stories. I loved the stories. Uplifting and helpful.
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • The 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires: How to Achieve Financial Independence Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success
  • The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)