Start by marking “Der 35. Mai: Als Comic” as Want to Read:
Der 35. Mai: Als Comic

Der 35. Mai: Als Comic

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  494 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Ein aussergewöhnlicher Tag: Diese ganze Geschichte konnte nur an einem 35. Mai geschehen, denn an diesem Tag muss man aufs Äusserte gefasst sein An besagtem Donnerstag trifft der Apotheker Ringelnatz seinen Enkel Konrad. Dieser muss einen Aufsatz über die Südsee schreiben - doch wie soll man das, wenn man noch nie dort war? Das ist kein Problem für die beiden: auf dem Rück ...more
100 pages
Published 2006 by Dressler (first published January 1st 1064)

To ask other readers questions about Der 35. Mai, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Der 35. Mai

The_Freddy
Very funny, highly absurd, I didn't know this as a child, but I would have loved it.

I liked the last part best, when they finally meet the girl called Petersilie (and discover the whale in the forest), it's really fun and I just love this typical Kästner language immensely. The way they talk is just too funny.
(I seem to have read way too much Kästner - and later on too much Tucholsky and watched too much Loriot... - because when I talk (German), people tend not to "get" me, I'm using absurd word
Kim
This is the oldest book that I own, it's a Dutch translation and it's not dated so I'm not really sure about how old it is.

I got this book from my great-grandmother and I remember reading this over and over again when I was a kid.
Duesterwald-Online
Inhalt:
Donnerstags ist Besuchstag. Jedenfalls bei Konrad, der jeden Donnerstag bei seinem Onkel, dem Apotheker Ringelhuth, vorbei schaut. Bei Onkel Ringelhuth gibt es dann immer das verrückteste Zeug zum Essen. Wenn ihnen davon nicht schlecht geworden ist, springen sie danach über Möbel und tollen in der Wohnung herum.
Am Donnerstag, dem 35. Mai, ist jedoch alles anders. Bereits auf der Straße spricht sie ein rollschuhfahrendes Zirkuspferd an, Negro Kaballo.
Konrad muss einen Aufsatz über die Süds
M/Ðɑηηɑ
Sep 23, 2014 M/Ðɑηηɑ rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Childs In Their Hearts
Recommended to M/Ðɑηηɑ by: 3rd Grade Teacher
I have read this book in Hebrew, with my class. I remember having those gatherings with the other third graders, we were reading this book with a teacher beside us.
I have got to say, that Erich Kastner's children litrature is practicullary identified with Israel. I suppose it is because the children in Israel lives, unintentionally of course, in an unbelivable world of dangerous politics and frightens, and as much as their parents love them, they find comfort in ridiculous stories like Kastner's
Adelka
This book is one of my favourite children´s book. And actually I still enjoy reading it today, everytime I visit my grandma I have a glance at it and it still is amusing.
It is about a boy called Konrad and his uncle who looks after him every thursday (not sure about the day) and they always have a lot of fun, because the uncle doesn´t have any wife or kids himself. This time, it is the 35th of May, which is strange from the start, because that date is impossible...and Konrad has to write about t
Ellemir
One of the books I loved as a child. It differs from most other books by Kästner I've read (The Emil stories, The flying classroom) - a bizarre, funny story. Maybe books like this (and the works of Michael Ende of course) were the reason for me to pick up fantasy literature as a teen.
Sara Hayden
About an imaginary trip to the South Seas, there isn't the same kind of character development in this book that there is in other Erich Kaestner novels. But the last two sentences are back in character and absolutely lovely.
Joanne
I loved this book so much as a kid, rereading it I wasn't very impressed - it is very short and very juvenile. But it is also very imaginative.

A short read - takes about an hour to finish the whole book. Great for children.
Lara
Bought this as an English translation from a library book sale (it was the library's version) in the late 70s and always loved the whimsical tale of how Konrad foiled the thieves.
Adam Klempner
Read it in Hebrew. Loved it as a child. Erich Kästner was a great writer. It's a shame his works aren't widely available in English.
Adi
Lovely story - sweet and very creative!
Магдалена
много е забавна!!!
Marieke
Marieke marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Gal
Gal marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Hanna
Hanna added it
Nov 06, 2014
Róbert Maxim
Róbert Maxim marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
  • Der kleine Wassermann
  • Die Kinder aus Bullerbü (Bullerbü, #1-3)
  • Eine Woche voller Samstage (Sams, #1)
  • Der Trotzkopf
  • Fairy Tales Of Wilhelm Hauff
  • The Little Vampire
  • Mit dem Rücken zur Wand
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Die rote Zora und ihre Bande
  • Doctor Dolittle's Circus (Doctor Dolittle, #4)
  • Potilla
Erich Kästner (23 February 1899 – 29 July 1974) was a German author, poet, screenwriter and satirist, known for his humorous, socially astute poetry and children's literature.
More about Erich Kästner...
Pünktchen und Anton Das doppelte Lottchen Emil and the Detectives Fabian. Die Geschichte eines Moralisten Emil und die Detektive / Emil und die drei Zwillinge