Start by marking “Favorite Jane Austen Novels: Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion (Complete and Unabridged)” as Want to Read:

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Threeof the author's most popular works — widely admired for their satiric wit, subtlety, and perfection of style — brilliantly re-create the provincial world of the early-19th-century English countryside, focusing, respectively, on husband-hunting mothers and daughters, the humbling of proud lovers, and the return of a once-rejected lover.
Published May 7th 1997 by Dover Publications (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Favorite Jane Austen Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Favorite Jane Austen Novels

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott FitzgeraldFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie FlaggYeats Is Dead! by Joseph O'ConnorThe Secret Language of Relationships by Gary GoldschneiderYes Yoko Ono by Alexandra/Hendrick Munroe
Dazzling multicolored covers
107th out of 187 books — 27 voters
Beastly by Alex FlinnPride & Prejudice by Jane AustenNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Flowers on Covers
263rd out of 384 books — 227 voters

More lists with this book...

Robert
So much better than the movies and TV productions. What a lot of young ladies to remember: Lydia, Catherine, Mary, Elizabeth, Jane — not helped by the occasional Kitty, Eliza and Miss Bennet — plus Maria, Charlotte and four more little Lucases, Caroline, Louisa and Georgiana. I'm not sure whether there were any Philips children as well.I suppose with large families being the norm, people were used to remembering a lot of names and it is only surprising that there are only three Bingleys and two ...more
Susan
Re-reading these amazing novels for the umpteenth time! This particular occasion was my Jane Austen Reading Group that is focusing this weekend on Sense and Sensibility. Jane Austen novels are always fresh, witty,ironic and so elegantly written, but above all there is always a brilliant cast of characters. It is hard to choose between the humor of Mr. Collins or the vanity of Sir Walter Eliot or the charm of Elizabeth or the gentleness of Anne or the trickiness of Lucy Steele or the devotion of ...more
Dawn
I was really only trying to comment on Persuasion which I just reread for my book club. But goodreads doesn't have a nice cover picture for it, so I'll go with this. I like Jane Austen very much and it's nice to reread a classic once in a while. Occasionally I get impatient with a shrinking, overly modest heroine who doesn't speak up, set everything straight, and grasp her chance at happiness! But I have to remind myself of the historical setting and also that Austen had to spin the story out en ...more
Julie
After reading all six of Jane Austen's major novels in sequence, Pride and Prejudice is still my favorite, but they are all worth reading again and again. I read Pride and Prejudice in one weekend and then watched the movie right after. Persuasion and Emma are both very close seconds however.
Tanya
this was Laugh out loud material, but for some reason no one agrees...
WERidos...Or am i??? Oh well my point is that it's REAL good!!!!
By the way, i only read pride and prejudice (so far), but there wasn't the book itself...
Emily
I realized about a month ago that while I've seen every Jane Austen film ever made, I've only actually read Pride and Prejudice; a travesty that my final selections shall rectify. Let the Austen festival begin!
Aaminah Shakur
Nov 16, 2010 Aaminah Shakur marked it as to-read
sort of especially looking forward to this one because i have read P&P and S&S as well as seen movie versions of both (including Tamil adaptations!) but have not yet read Persuasion.
Kimberly Barlow Cook
Can't explain it, but I love Jane Austen. I have read all her books, as well as a couple of spin offs. My alltime favorite is Pride and Prejudice, although Emma is a close second.
Susan Kaye
I use the edition of Persuasion from this set as my writing companion. It has notes written on the pages and many, many sticky notes hanging out of the pages. A sentimental fave.
Karen Snow
Sense and Sensibility: Though it was slow getting started for me, I enjoyed the book. As always with Austin, the characters are explored and I enjoyed the book overall
Valerie
I love the world of Jane Austen. I can easily relate to her characters and she is able to spin a romance in a way to leave you hanging on to every word.
Chliara
All three of these are excellent books, very well written and are just barrels of fun. Charming and captivating, I recommend these to any reader!!
Kathleen
Loved Loved Loved Pride and Prejudice! I'm just starting on Persuasion and haven't read this one before so we'll see!
Phoebe Cox
all great books. just takes a minute to get into the languge and then the story becomes great.
Kerry
What can I say....we ALL know my love for Jane Austen.
Will always be my favorites!!!
Dorrie
Aug 09, 2010 Dorrie added it
Who could possibly write a review of the greatest romantic masterpieces ever written?!
Definitely has some of my favorite by Jane Austen.
Charity U
I love my boxed set!
Stephanie
Classics, all!
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Lena
Lena added it
Jul 30, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
  • The Norton Shakespeare, Based on the Oxford Edition: Histories
  • Youth / Heart of Darkness / The End of the Tether
  • The Complete Moon Trilogy: The Moon Maid, The Moon Men & The Red Hawk
  • A Prisoner in Fairyland
  • Murder
  • Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)
  • The Fortunes of Captain Blood
  • Klondike Tales
  • My Dear Charlotte
  • The Lost Continent: The Story of Atlantis
  • Béatrix
  • The House of Mirth / The Reef / The Custom of the Country / The Age of Innocence
  • The Mortal Immortal: The Complete Supernatural Short Fiction of Mary Shelley
  • House of Corruption
  • The Cambridge Companion to Jane Austen
  • The Ghost Pirates
  • Searching for Captain Wentworth
  • The Haunter of the Dark and Other Grotesque Visions
Jane Austen (16 December 1775 – 18 July 1817) was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature, her realism and biting social commentary cementing her historical importance among scholars and critics.

Austen lived her entire life as part of a close-knit family located on the lower fr
More about Jane Austen...
Pride and Prejudice Sense and Sensibility Emma Persuasion Mansfield Park