Start by marking “Cold Kill (DS Stella Mooney, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cold Kill (DS Stella Mooney, #3)

Cold Kill (DS Stella Mooney #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"Fans of the PBS series Prime Suspect or of hot Scottish writer Ian Rankin shouldn't wait to check out this mystery...[it] will surely be one of the best mysteries of the summer, probably of the year."- Rocky Mountain News on The Dead Sit Round in a Ring

Cold Kill, David Lawrence's third book in the highly acclaimed Detective Stella Mooney series, finds the memorable Stella
Published May 30th 2006 by Minotaur Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Kill

Ian Brydon
It is nearly Christmas but there is precious little to be happy about in and around the grim Harefield Estate in West London. The weather has turned icily cold and everyone seems to be in a hurry. The book opens with the discovery of the body of a young woman in the park. She has been hit a hammer and then garrotted. As if this was not all awful enough, this victim is merely the latest in a run of similar murders across West London, and the police have next to nothing to go on.

The case is being
Kathy Davie
Third in the DS Stella Mooney mystery series set in modern-day London, Cold Kill demonstrates a sick mind! How Lawrence comes up with such nasty characters??! Oh, wait, they’re everywhere aren’t they? Still, coming up with Kimber’s physical display of his obsessions…ick…Lawrence has got one imagination!

Mooney is investigating what appears to be a serial killer targeting young women but there are enough similarities AND differences that it just doesn’t make sense. Then Robert Kimber walks into th
Toni Chanakas
I love thrillers and this keep me interested but the ending faltered for me. I was expecting a really big twist. As I read thrillers, I am always trying to figure out "what is really going on." There wasn't a big surprise ending. Perhaps that is more of an English way of writing.

Also, the characters weren't compelling or complex. The lead, Stella, didn't have a back bone or spunk. She is suppose to be this crime/profiler. I was thinking about "The Closer" in Brenda Leigh Johnson and she didn't
I couldn't help but like this one because it combined London with crime fiction. I could smell the city every time he described the sky. Good twisting plot to this one.
Meh. Not going to give much of a review. I wasted enough time reading it. It was ok. Not overly memorable. I much prefer other Brit police procedurals.
Ayila Bokhari
WOW!!..................loved it :D
David Scorgie
David Scorgie marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Sophie Houston
Sophie Houston marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Ahlam marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Werner added it
Dec 23, 2014
Carole marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Kris marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Simon Donohoe
Simon Donohoe marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
David Lawrence is a pseudonym for screenwriter and playright David Harsent who also writes under the pen names of David Pascoe and Jack Curtis. He lives in Barnes, West London.
More about David Lawrence...

DS Stella Mooney (4 books)
  • The Dead Sit Round in a Ring (DS Stella Mooney, #1)
  • Nothing Like the Night (DS Stella Mooney, #2)
  • Down into Darkness (DS Stella Mooney, #4)