Start by marking “Breed” as Want to Read:
Breed

Breed

There is a dark underside to the sunny city of St. Augustine, Florida. An ancient evil is awakened in the Tolomato Cemetery, and is intent on stalking and destroying the citizens of the town. The evil creature, a Shiru, was believed to be a mythical beast from ancient Indian legend. The legend says the Shiru once roamed the earth attempting to mate with the women of the lo

Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published August 1st 2002 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Breed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breed

Kelly
Jan 24, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, beach-book
I have two words for you: beach book. And no, that’s not a bad thing. Much to the dismay of some out there, not all books are written to grant some insight into your psyche or to reveal the mysteries of life. Some books are written for the sole purpose of entertainment. There are no hidden meanings and subliminal messages; it’s just a story, plain and simple. And while Breed sure ain’t literature, it is a good time.

B-movie to the highest possible extent, the story doesn’t break any new ground, b
Nelio Gomes
Apr 09, 2014 Nelio Gomes rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed Breed. It started off as clichéd (witches summoning spirit guides? With crystals?), but that became part of its charm as the story progressed. At times it seemed a bit light-hearted - fake psychics, wisecracking ghosts, unlikely first dates - but that made the monstrous all that much more revolting. In between the giggles and smiles there was a dark history lesson woven nicely into the fabric of the story, with a vile creature that shows to forget ones heritage can truly be ones ...more
Jeannie Sloan
Apr 01, 2010 Jeannie Sloan rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
I read this book first a long time ago and I liked it much better then. As time has passed I have become,I think, more sophisticated and more discerning of what I think a good book is. I think that this book would be appropriate for a junior high school kid who is just getting into horror for the first time.Not a bad book but very light on plot and character development.
Wendy
Oct 24, 2010 Wendy rated it liked it
An okay read. I enjoyed the fact that it was set in St. Augustine. Being a Floridian and having visited St. Augustine on several occasions it was fun to read about it. The storyline was okay, the plot was good enough to keep me reading. Not a lot of 'horror', but some moments.
Sara
Jan 04, 2009 Sara rated it it was ok
Sassy waitress gets involved with ancient Indian burial sites and ghosties and mysterious and handsome stranger.
Scott
Jun 06, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: spooks
Goingback definitely redeemed himself to me after my last read of Darker Than Night. Crota set the bar. A page-turner of a read pitting Native American folklore with a skin-peeling demi-god!
Daniel
Apr 09, 2014 Daniel rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this, it was a bit Lovecraftian, which I liked. And I felt, Owl did a great job of making the location come to life.
Matt
Matt rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2015
Jon Recluse
Jon Recluse rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2011
J.
J. rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Chris Braning
Chris Braning rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Ally
Ally rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Stewie
Stewie rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2009
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2013
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2008
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Sam Anderson
Sam Anderson rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2007
Tiffany O'Brien
Sep 21, 2013 Tiffany O'Brien rated it it was amazing
This is one of his better novels. Tolomato is a great character!
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2011
gwendolyn mosier
gwendolyn mosier rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Diane Winningham
Diane Winningham rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Rikki
Rikki rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
sara
sara rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Greg Purri
Greg Purri rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Miguel Ruben
Miguel Ruben rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2011
Sean Kryzaniak
Sean Kryzaniak rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Tarrant Martin
Tarrant Martin rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Uberpookie
Dec 10, 2008 Uberpookie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it very much...but the ending was weak!
Gotham7