Doctor Who-Mawdryn Undead (Target Doctor Who Library)

Doctor Who-Mawdryn Undead (Doctor Who Library (Target) #82)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Doctor's time-travelling machine is trapped in the flight-path of an alien spacecraft in orbit around the Earth. To avoid the fatal impact of a head-on collision the TARDIS resorts to the only escape possible and materialises on board the on-coming liner.

This solves the immediate problem, but a new difficulty arises — the TARDIS cannot get off the ship until a radio si...more
Published January 12th 1984 by Target Books, Carol Publishing Corporation (first published August 1983)

Doctor Who and the Ark in Space by Ian MarterDoctor Who and the Seeds of Doom by Philip HinchcliffeDoctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster by Terrance DicksDoctor Who and the Claws of Axos by Terrance DicksDoctor Who by Terrance Dicks
Target Doctor Who
33rd out of 102 books — 12 voters
Doctor Who by Ben AaronovitchDoctor Who by Gary RussellDoctor Who by Mark MorrisDoctor Who by Simon GuerrierLungbarrow by Marc Platt
Doctor Who ultimate list
181st out of 210 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicholas Whyte
http://nhw.livejournal.com/1060883.html#cutid4[return][return]I was bracing myself for another terrible book after the awfulness of Doctor Who - Time Flight. But in fact I was pleasantly surprised; I think it is a better story in the first place, but Grimwade is able to bring in a bit more characterisation to new companion Turlough and the Brigadier, and a bit more background to the public school. Not bad at all.
Daniel Kukwa
Another of my early childhood favourites. Peter Grimwade has such an excellent command of both the 5th Doctor, and old-school Doctor Who storytelling in general. A story already steeped in nostalgia and being lost in the past...enhanced by an author determined to rise to the challenge of expanding and enhancing his original TV scripts within the then-required word count. Highly recommended.
Travis
A faintly interesting story is saved by the introduction of new companion Turlough and the return of the Brigader.
Having the Brig interacting with a Doctor is always fun and it was interesting to see how well he got along with Tegan.
This actually worked better as a TV episode, where the personalities of the actors comes through better and helps boast the story.

Becca R.G.
This was my favorite novelization thus far. Part of it is that it's not the first Doctor, who I really don't like, and part of it is that I keep hearing about Turlough on the internet, so it's good to finally read about his first adventure with the Doctor. I'd like to read more of that, as well as see the episodes.
Matthew Goode Ⓥ
One of the better DW novels I've read so far.
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Stewart is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2014
Mc
Mc added it
Apr 06, 2014
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Matt #2
Matt #2 marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Catherine Priestley
Catherine Priestley marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Alannah
Alannah marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Mirlas Dw
Mirlas Dw marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Soonha
Soonha marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Jeff Baker
Jeff Baker marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Minnism
Minnism marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Doctor Who: Time-Flight Doctor Who: Planet of Fire (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 93) Robot

“Don't interfere!" The Doctor silenced her angrily. "I cannot will my own destruction.” 9 likes
“The Brigadier had no wish to shake hands with the improbable young man in the ridiculous frock-coat.” 8 likes