Start by marking “Doctor Who: Mawdryn Undead (Target Doctor Who Library)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Mawdryn Undead (Target Doctor Who Library)

Doctor Who: Mawdryn Undead (Doctor Who Library (Target) #82)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Doctor's time-travelling machine is trapped in the flight-path of an alien spacecraft in orbit around the Earth. To avoid the fatal impact of a head-on collision the TARDIS resorts to the only escape possible and materialises on board the on-coming liner.

This solves the immediate problem, but a new difficulty arises — the TARDIS cannot get off the ship until a radio si
Published January 12th 1984 by Target Books, Carol Publishing Corporation (first published August 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Doctor Who and the Ark in Space by Ian MarterDoctor Who and the Seeds of Doom by Philip HinchcliffeDoctor Who by Terrance DicksDoctor Who and the Green Death by Malcolm HulkeDoctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster by Terrance Dicks
Target Doctor Who
33rd out of 102 books — 13 voters
Doctor Who by Justin RichardsDoctor Who by Gary RussellDoctor Who by Brian MinchinDoctor Who by Oli SmithDoctor Who by Mark Morris
Doctor Who ultimate list
192nd out of 221 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicholas Whyte
http://nhw.livejournal.com/1060883.html#cutid4[return][return]I was bracing myself for another terrible book after the awfulness of Doctor Who - Time Flight. But in fact I was pleasantly surprised; I think it is a better story in the first place, but Grimwade is able to bring in a bit more characterisation to new companion Turlough and the Brigadier, and a bit more background to the public school. Not bad at all.
Daniel Kukwa
Another of my early childhood favourites. Peter Grimwade has such an excellent command of both the 5th Doctor, and old-school Doctor Who storytelling in general. A story already steeped in nostalgia and being lost in the past...enhanced by an author determined to rise to the challenge of expanding and enhancing his original TV scripts within the then-required word count. Highly recommended.
Travis
A faintly interesting story is saved by the introduction of new companion Turlough and the return of the Brigader.
Having the Brig interacting with a Doctor is always fun and it was interesting to see how well he got along with Tegan.
This actually worked better as a TV episode, where the personalities of the actors comes through better and helps boast the story.

Becca
This was my favorite novelization thus far. Part of it is that it's not the first Doctor, who I really don't like, and part of it is that I keep hearing about Turlough on the internet, so it's good to finally read about his first adventure with the Doctor. I'd like to read more of that, as well as see the episodes.
Matthew Goode Ⓥ
One of the better DW novels I've read so far.
MyWhovianLab
MyWhovianLab marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Ruchi
Ruchi marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Guess Again
Guess Again marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Aryel
Aryel marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Mark
Mark added it
Jul 14, 2015
Funandfailure
Funandfailure marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Dan J
Dan J added it
Jun 29, 2015
Michael K Glowaski
Michael K Glowaski marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Bobby Corry
Bobby Corry marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Viviane Azevedo
Viviane Azevedo marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Margo White
Margo White marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Thay
Thay marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Alys
Alys added it
May 26, 2015
Niclas1224
Niclas1224 marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
  • Doctor Who: Arc of Infinity
  • Doctor Who: The King's Demons (Target Doctor Who Library, No 108)
  • Doctor Who and the Sontaran Experiment (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Doctor Who: Castrovalva (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Doctor Who and the Seeds of Doom (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Doctor Who and the Ice Warriors (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 33)
  • Doctor Who: Full Circle

Doctor Who Library (Target) (1 - 10 of 156 books)
  • Doctor Who and the Abominable Snowmen (Doctor Who Library Target, #1)
  • Doctor Who And The Android Invasion
  • Doctor Who and the Androids of Tara (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Doctor Who and the Ark in Space
  • Doctor Who and the Armageddon Factor (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Doctor Who and the Auton Invasion
  • Doctor Who and the Brain of Morbius
  • Doctor Who and the Carnival of Monsters
  • Doctor Who and the Cave-Monsters
  • Doctor Who and the Claws of Axos (Target Doctor Who Library)
Doctor Who: Time-Flight Doctor Who: Planet of Fire (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 93) Robot

“Don't interfere!" The Doctor silenced her angrily. "I cannot will my own destruction.” 11 likes
“The bemused Brigadier shook his head. "You and that TARDIS.” 8 likes