Weaving a Life: The Story of Mary Meigs Atwater

Weaving a Life: The Story of Mary Meigs Atwater

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published October 1st 1992 by Interweave Press

Cayenne
What a hard life this woman led. I think her attitude about it must have been at least partly due to her generation. I keep thinking about her and the things she put up with from her husband, but how she found so much beauty and adventure in life and how she made so many friends. She was a survivor. Very interesting book.
Heidi
Jun 03, 2012 Heidi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Heidi by: Mimi Rodes
This was a really fascinating read. Mary had an incredible life. I felt like a fly on the wall through many fascinating eras in history as I read this book. She lived 1878-1956 and lived throughout the country. She was very talented and resilient. I recommend this book! It was very thought provoking.
Polly
Jun 20, 2011 Polly added it
K sanders
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Susan
Susan added it
Nov 27, 2011
The Shuttle-Craft Book of American Hand Weaving Being an account of the rise, Development, Eclipse, & Modern Revival of a National Popular Art Together with Information of Interest & Value to collectors, Technical Notes for the Use of Weavers Byways in Hand Weaving Mary Meigs Atwater Recipe Book : Patterns for Handweavers A Book of Patterns for Hand-Weaving; Designs from the John Landes Drawings in the Pennsylvnia Museum Hand Woven Rugs (Shuttle Craft Monograph, 29)