Start by marking “Once Upon a Time in the Meadow: A "Six Cousins" Story” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Time in the Meadow: A "Six Cousins" Story

Once Upon a Time in the Meadow: A "Six Cousins" Story

Six little girls who live by themselves without any grownups enjoy a lovely day highlighted by a picnic and a parade.
Published January 1st 1982 by Golden Press

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Time in the Meadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Time in the Meadow

Nicole Pramik
This was one of my favorite books as a little girl, and even now I still think the story holds up. Being a picture book, the tale is a simple one but not simple in terms of being intellectually insulting. Six young girls, who live together, decide to dress up and have a tea party. But their adventure is interrupted when they discover a rabbit caught in a bear trap. The girls then band together and nurse the little rabbit back to health and all's well that ends well. All in all, it's a solid ...more
Tanya
Jun 21, 2013 Tanya rated it it was amazing
I loved this story as a child but could not remember the title. I found it today at the library in their "for sale" section of used books! I cannot be happier! And I can't wait to read it to my children. It's a whimsical story of these girls who live on their own in a cottage in a meadow, and they find a wounded animal. Wonderful story, beautiful pictures.
Cheryl
May 06, 2014 Cheryl rated it liked it
I've had this book since I was a kid; I remember that I loved the story and pictures, most especially the invididual characteristics/colors of each girl. It's a whimsical story of 6 cousins who live by themselves in a meadow, take care of themselves, picnic together, and find a wounded rabbit.
Paula Miller
I loved this book as a child and I kept the book all of these years and now my daughter LOVES this book. I would love to know if this was a series? Were there any more books??
Rivkah.
Jul 29, 2011 Rivkah. rated it really liked it
I loved this story to death! It's so much fun and I loved rabbits and attics and tea parties ever since!
Ande
May 27, 2012 Ande rated it it was amazing
this is one of my favorite stories from growing up, I still have the book and it is a very well loved book.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Cassie Walling
Cassie Walling rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Ana Jovanovic
Ana Jovanovic rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2012
She Reads
She Reads rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
A
A rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2013
Roz
Roz rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2008
C.M
C.M rated it really liked it
May 03, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2009
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2013
Jessica Stank
Jessica Stank rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Shivers
Shivers rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Reisa
Reisa rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Colleen Amundson
Colleen Amundson rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2011
Nitrorockets
Nitrorockets rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Amira Hasya
Amira Hasya rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Amalia
Amalia rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Melissa Cutshall
Melissa Cutshall rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
May 05, 2012