Start by marking “30 Delicious Dump Cake Recipes” as Want to Read:

30 Delicious Dump Cake Recipes

Dump Cakes are amazing cobbler desserts. In fact Dump Cakes combine the four qualities of the perfect dessert: Simple, Quick, Incredibly Delicious and Fun.

They are really simple to make and use fruit, spices, cake mix and butter. They are quick to make. The preparation time for a Dump Cake is 5 to 10 minutes. Baking is an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour. Delicious? A warm
Published March 17th 2012

To ask other readers questions about 30 Delicious Dump Cake Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 30 Delicious Dump Cake Recipes

Michelle Finazzo
Jun 23, 2014 Michelle Finazzo rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I read cookbooks like any other book (front to back) and this one has some fundamental problems. I prefer ingredients to be listed in order of use. This not only makes it easier for mise en place, but for the cook as they are completing the recipe. I also like consistency from one recipe to another (i.e. use cups or sticks of butter, but keep the same throughout). Several recipes had errors, specifically where ingredients in the list were then misnamed in the narrative. I wasn't sure why some re ...more
Robert Federline
Jul 26, 2014 Robert Federline rated it liked it
So you are up late at night and an infomercial comes on. Never having heard of a "Dump Cake" I had to learn what they are.

This book, very short, is a good introduction to Dump Cakes. They are actually the simplest way for someone to learn to bake a cake, with the least amount of effort. You don't have time or inclination to bake? You still want to serve a quick desert to someone who drops in? This book, in only a page or two explains all you need to know about how to make a Dump Cake, and then p
Canoe41
Jun 20, 2012 Canoe41 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This recipes in this little cookbook are reminiscent of the 80's, when dump cakes were popular at church potlucks and family reunions. The Black Forest Dump Cake is especially good and guaranteed to get rave reviews and requests for "seconds" whenever it is served. The Cranapple Dump Cake is a modern twist on apple dump cake. The author has added a section on helpful hints for making dump cakes and she has also included "healthful" hints for reducing the sugar and calories in recipes. She has a ...more
Carrie
Jun 08, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it
My mother-in-law always made a peach cobbler like the one in this book and there was never a bite left over! I am looking forward to trying some of the unique combinations of dumping contained in this book. This would be a good book for young or beginning cooks to build their easy recipe repertoire.
Rachel
Love, love, love it! Anyone who likes dump cakes needs this little book! I love the ease in making
these cakes. Before I got this book, I really only knew one recipe that I used. Can't wait to try some of these. They all sound great!
Katie
Nov 09, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
Not sure what to say about this one. I've been wanting this book for awhile. Now that i got it I am REALLY glad I waited till it was a free download. However, having said that the Pumpkin Dumpcake is absolutely delicious and worth the price.
Melissa
Oct 17, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
A lot of fun, easy dump cake recipes. I will definitely use this cook book. (Free on my Kindle)
Sheila Siler
Aug 03, 2015 Sheila Siler rated it liked it
An okay cookbook, but many recipes could have been shown as one with optional variations. Fun to look through, but not sure it was worth a while "book".
Kim Gorman
Jul 27, 2015 Kim Gorman rated it it was amazing
YUM

I love to bake. Especially easy things that are quick and only use a few ingredients. These recipes are great! Delicious, easy and they taste like you slaved over them.
Darlene
Feb 21, 2013 Darlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
There was a dump cake I loved to make as a child. This cookbook has many tempting combinations I am going to try.
shirelle butler
Jan 31, 2015 shirelle butler rated it it was amazing
Very delicious recipes

All the recipes was easy to make and understand. Very good combinations of different fruit. Hope to see more recipes.
Kay
Sep 01, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
variations on the classic dump cake recipe
Nichole
Jun 10, 2012 Nichole rated it it was amazing
Yummy! Can't wait to try some of these recipes out.
Yvonna
Jun 16, 2014 Yvonna rated it really liked it
Amazing cobblers to have on the table quickly with no fuss and little mess. Glad I have this book on my shelf.
Julie Barrett
30 Delicious Dump Cake Recipes
Book starts out with why it's called a dump cake and what to expect. Also a lot of substitutions if you are on a healthier diet plan.
Found one recipe that I thought we might be able to make-gran apple cake.
Each recipe has servings, list of ingredients-that include a packaged cake mix and usually a fruit or berry in a can with its syrup along with a large amount of butter.
Directions are listed, numbered step by step. Gives suggestion how to serve it.
Also variations
Penney
Jan 30, 2017 Penney rated it really liked it
Good recipes easy to read and make
Peni
Oct 05, 2014 Peni rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
Good resource to have on hand.
Patricia Sager
Patricia Sager rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
janice trowel
janice trowel rated it did not like it
May 12, 2014
Janet88keys
Janet88keys rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Rose De Reamer
Rose De Reamer rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2014
Vicky Tice
Vicky Tice rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2014
Dakin
Dakin rated it did not like it
May 11, 2014
Christina Marie
Christina Marie rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Ann C. Arnold
Ann C. Arnold rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2016
Mary Husner
Mary Husner rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2016
Austin
Austin rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Brandi Burger
Brandi Burger rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Deba
Deba rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
Peggy Macgillivray
Peggy Macgillivray rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2015
  • 100 Easy Recipes in Jars
  • The Slow Cooker Cookbook: 87 Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes for Slow Cooked Meals
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Slow Cooker 101: Master the Slow Cooker with 101 Great Recipes
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Brownie & Bar Recipes [Kindle Edition]
  • 101 Quick & Easy Cupcake and Muffin Recipes
  • Country Baking Quick Breads and Muffins (Delicious Recipes)
  • 1,001 Best Hot and Spicy Recipes
  • Soup and Bread Cookbook: Building Community One Pot at a Time
  • The Breakfast Taco Book
  • Baking Basics and Beyond: Learn These Simple Techniques and Bake Like a Pro
  • 30 Perfect Popcorn Recipes : How to Make Sweet & Savory Gourmet Popcorn at Home (The Green Gourmet)
  • Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Moms
  • 52 Delicious & Healthy SUPERFOOD Breakfasts Under 300 Calories - Simple, Quick & No-Bake!
  • Baked Chicago's Simply Decadent Brownies Cookbook
  • SPOON: Soup, Stew & Chowder Recipes (Spring) (Cooking in Season)