Start by marking “Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)

Tethered (The Iron Seas #2.5)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  1,193 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
Surviving on the treacherous Iron Seas requires a heart of steel…but how can Yasmeen hope to survive when her heart has already been stolen by Archimedes Fox…?

Tethered along the south dock of Port Fallow, Captain Yasmeen Corsair’s magnificent new airship, Lady Nergüi, awaits its departure with adventurer and treasure-hunter Archimedes Fox. But this time, Yasmeen, a fearles
Mass Market Paperback, 187 pages
Published April 2nd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Tethered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tethered

Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 25, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Steampunk Romance
4.5 stars...A Heart of Steel Follow-up Must Read
She blinked away the burning in her eyes, swallowing hard. "You," she said. I was all that she could manage. Incredible man.

"And you're still dressed," he said softly.

She rose from the cushions and met him halfway. His lips parted against hers, yet a kiss wasn't enough. Through the swelling in her chest, the ache in her throat, she said, "I love you."

"Of course you do." Despite the teasing reply, his voice ws rough with emotion. "I'm far too manly
Melindeeloo
Aug 29, 2012 Melindeeloo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk
I had a busy day but Tethered (Novella): The Further Adventures of Archimedes Fox and Captain Corsair fit perfectly into the spaces in between all the hustle and bustle.

Tethered was a wonderful not so little after the HEA story(for Heart of Steel) and a nice slice of the Iron Seas world with a decent amount of steamy stuff. It starts out with some surprisingly sweet and loving moments between the bold and dangerous Captain Yasmeen and her dashing and roguish hubby Archimedes and shows just why
Kitana
Aug 09, 2012 Kitana rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
The only thing I love more than a story of two lovers in perfect accord is a story that throws a great big kink between two lovers in perfect accord, then watching them grow even more in love because of the difficulties they surmount.
And, boy, did this novella deliver!

I've had a lady-crush on Yasmeen ever since her first appearance in The Iron Duke.
I love Archimedes!
It was awesome to see them in their new dynamic of an established couple (god, they're so adorable!)
For a novella, Tethered is am
Katie Michaels
Jul 04, 2014 Katie Michaels rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I always pause before spending three bucks on a novella. Will it be worth it? Is the publisher just trying to milk my love for an established series with a little puff of nothing set in a world I’m committed to? And despite my love for Meljean Brook, I wondered the same thing here. Thankfully, I can assure you that “Tethered” was worth every penny and then some.

This is a companion story designed to be read after Heart of Steel. With some novellas, it doesn’t really matter when y
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
May 30, 2013 ᴥ Irena ᴥ rated it really liked it
I am aware that this is not the same as Heart of Steel, but unlike many I wasn't expecting it to be.
This gets a star extra for the sole reason Meljean Brook doesn't have to introduce another man/woman and create a love triangle or some lie from the past as many other authors do (it seems some can't write a story with the same characters without such nonsense - reason why I stopped reading some series).
That being said, Yasmeen and Archimedes are different in this story. Sure, there is a plot, b
Samantha
Nov 20, 2014 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, steampunk
Yasmeen and Archimedes are blackmailed into helping a friend find a missing relative. I absolutely loved this short story featuring the main characters from Heart of Steel. They are both dealing with their emotional hang-ups while trying to take care of one another as they head into a dangerous job. I would love to see more of this pair together and I’m hoping that Brook will eventually decide to give them another book to themselves.
Erin
Quite enjoyable.

Yasmeen and Archimedes had to work through lots of personal struggles, both separate and together.

The New Eden idea was neat. Of course crazy leader as usual, but still a neat idea of a floating garden city.

I definitely look forward to the next adventure.
Though I do wish that we had gotten to see the Duke, since he had escaped New Eden previously, and not just met with Scarsdale.

I much look forward to Zenobia's story.
Lulu
Sep 02, 2012 Lulu rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Really fun novella set in the Iron Seas world of Meljean Brook. Nice follow up of a previous couple, Yasmeen and Archimedes. Lots of action, good story, great writing and Archimedes is just a great character! Just wish that Brook had written a wrap up scene with the primary villain of the storyline and either Yasmeen or Archimedes.
Kelly
Aug 20, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Holy Hannah. Whenever I dip my toes in this world, I go all flaily over it. In fact, I'm considering doing a full series reread just so I can wallow in it for as long as humanly possible. *wallows contentedly*

In case you missed my blatant fangirling, I kinda dig this series. This novella gives us another peek into the lives (and deep love) of Archimedes and Yasmeen. Man, those two do it for me. They're so unabashedly taken with one another. Yasmeen might have to put on a tough face in front of h
Elizabeth Hunter
Apr 13, 2013 Elizabeth Hunter rated it it was amazing
Another great adventure from Brook! I'm loving novellas lately, so this was perfect.

I could read another dozen stories with Archimedes and Yasmeen, just because they're such fascinating characters and their relationship is so layered. I think they're my favorite couple from the Iron Seas series. Wonderful action and intrigue in this novella. Loved the length, loved the story, love the humor. (Hot? Oh yes. Please and thank you Archimedes.)

Highly recommend this whole series, but especially this n
Ana
Jul 09, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I really enjoy reading these short stories, Meljean knows how to create a consistent world and knows how to use those little things she plants on her novels. I loved to know how the stories from the characters in the second novel developed and it's always a pleasure to read more about Yasmeen and Archimedes.

Still, don't get me wrong, this is a great stand-alone too, so if you haven't read anything by Meljean Brook, don't be afraid to read this one, you'll get it.

The only issue I keep getting wit
Aoi
Apr 03, 2014 Aoi rated it really liked it
The post-marriage Archimedes X Yasmeen relationship is a potential minefield- her being the Captain and him, her husband who doesn't quite have a formal place in the crew.

Reading this- They have both grown beautifully as a couple. I love how understanding and non egoistic they are of one other, without having to make anything explicit.. They just fall in place in each others' lives..

And Zenobia's letters to Archemedes.. Haha!
Sho
Apr 09, 2013 Sho rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, steampunk
Yeah for a story after HEA!
Yasmeen and Fox make a brilliant and wonderful team/ I LOVE reading how they compliment each other. They are stronger and weaker for being together and reading how they come to realize that makes it so great! Their strength are shown so well in the ways they deal with difficulty in this very tough world. Another great story from this world. I do hope there is more!
Deanne
Sep 20, 2012 Deanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
A short book to tide me over while I wait for Brooks to write a larger novel set in her steampunk world. I've liked all the books in the series so far, would love to hear more of the minor characters including Zenobia.
Patricia
Fuck you and your fucking perfect stories, Meljean. I hate you so much, write mooooore. /hysterical sobbing

Ainslie
Apr 06, 2013 Ainslie rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian, read-2013
A bit more syrup-y than the main series.
Liz
Dec 13, 2012 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
More in the adventures of Mr. and Mrs. Fox! A great pleasure to revisit these characters and despite the shorter length, completely satisfying!
Stephaniec
Feb 28, 2017 Stephaniec rated it it was amazing
I liked this novella even more than the full length book......I didn't think I would when I started this story but I looovvveee Archimedes Fox
Kathy
Dec 21, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)
Originally Posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Tethered is a wonderful novella set in Meljean Brook’s Iron Seas series set sometime after the second book, Heart of Steel. Although this story can be read stand alone, it does build upon the events in the second book, and therefore, contains some spoilers from Heart of Steel. Also, I feel those that have read the series will have more emotional investment in the characters.

The story
Alexandra
Tethered is a combination extended epilogue/after the happily ever after of Heart of Steel. It reads very well as a stand-alone novella, but obviously this book and review contains spoilers for Heart of Steel - so don't read further if you want to read Heart of Steel first.

Archimedes Fox and Yasmeen Corsair are my favorite characters in the Iron Seas universe, and probably my very favorite thing about any of these books are Archimedes' letters to his sister, Zenobia, of which there are plenty he
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jul 20, 2014 Fangs for the Fantasy rated it really liked it
Yasmeen and Archimedes, mercenary and adventurer, are settling into married life and finding a new balance while hoping to protect Yasmeen’s essential, ruthless reputation.

An old friend of Archimedes approaches – he wants help to rescue his brother from Eden; the impenetrable flying city that enslaves any it comes across. It’s an impossible mission – but the man will use any means in his power to force Yasmeen and Archimedes to help him

Probably not the wisest thing the man has ever done

I love th
Keertana
May 06, 2013 Keertana rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

In many ways, Tethered is a stronger novel than Heart of Steel; there are certainly elements in it that I wish were present in the full-length novel itself. For one, what this novella does a remarkable job of is capturing the tortured essence of Archimedes Fox - a side to him we unfortunately didn't see very much of before. Tethered not only delves deeper into the complex relationship between Yasmeen and Archimedes, one that balances precariously on equality, love, and uncertain
Olivia ツ
Oct 28, 2012 Olivia ツ rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This is a novella that continues the story of Archimedes and Yasmeen. Brook also followed The Iron Duke with a novella about Mina and the Duke and how they were adapting to married life. I appreciate this. Given that both Mina and Yasmeen are strong independent women now attached to equally challenging men, it gives the reader some assurance and closure to know that the couples are adapting well.

In this novella, Archimedes Fox's adventurous and reckless past comes back to haunt him. There is als
Sheila Melo
Dec 28, 2014 Sheila Melo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Further Fabulous Adventures

"Love the great disrupter...It ruins all of our grand schemes, destroys our reputations."

THE STORY: Yasmeen and Archimedes Fox (from HEART OF STEEL) have settled into married life when an old acquaintance of Archimedes' comes requesting help. When they are thrust into another adventure, this time they also have to deal with the weakness and the strength that love gives them.

OPINION: I loved this novella almost more than HEART OF STEEL itself. This novella is really all
A.M.
Apr 21, 2013 A.M. rated it really liked it
Tethered is a novella included in my print copy of Heart of Steel. It is the further adventures of Archimedes Fox and Captain Corsair. An old acquaintance of Fox’s has shown up. I won’t call him a friend.
Bilson demands that they help him rescue his brother from a floating religious cult, mentioned in previous books. They refuse. He turns on a smuggled nano transmitter and reduces Fox to a mindless automaton. It’s worse that it happens mid-sex with Yasmeen, and these two love their sex. Bilson th
Katherine
Feb 12, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
This review also posted at A Bookish Compulsion

Set in the Iron Seas world (and an after-story to Heart of Steel) Tethered is a wonderful look at how love changed two characters and how it would never change their zeal for life. Reconnecting with old friends (and with friends like this who needs enemies?) begins Archimedes and Yasmeen on a new adventure that will test the strength of their bond, mettle of the crew and prove to all that they are a pair not only madly in love but to most just plain
Daisy
Apr 27, 2013 Daisy rated it liked it
3.5/5
I absolutely adore Archimedes and Yasmeen together. This was a really nice novella that sees them embark on a new adventure on Lady Nerg������i. There���������s a lot of action and romance but the reason I didn���������t give this a four start rating was because I felt like there could have been more to the story line. It was a little too fast paced for my liking and the ending was tied up too quickly. Still it was quite a decent read but not as good as Heart of Steel.

Sidenote: I have reall
Karissa
Nov 08, 2016 Karissa rated it really liked it
This is a novella (or I suppose a short novel since it’s nearly 200 pages) that takes place after the second book in the Iron Seas series. It was a fun book about an adventure that Archimedes Fox and Yasmeen Corsair go on. I enjoyed it and had fun visiting the Iron Seas world again.

It was interesting to follow the progression of Archimedes’s and Yasmeen’s relationship. I also liked that Archimede’s sister was in the story via correspondence by letter.

I really love the Iron Seas world with all
Amy
May 08, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these two in heart of steel and more of them as a couple already, teasing and having fun with each other, was just perfect.

Well no, not perfect, it should have been a full length novel! This plot could have easily supported it too. It's also refreshing that Archimedes has a healthy and wonderful relationship with his sister. and Yasmeen, for that matter.

Can't praise their relationship enough for neither of them being too alpha/controlling/borderline rapey.

Defiantly a great addition to th
  • Tarnished Knight (London Steampunk, #1.5)
  • Enthralled (Breeds #28; League of the Black Swan #1.5; Iron Seas #3.5, Children of the Moon #3.5)
  • The Damsel and the Daggerman (Blud, #2.5)
  • Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1)
  • Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles, #1)
  • My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)
  • Gossamer Wing (Steam and Seduction, #1)
  • Tin Swift (Age of Steam, #2)
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • Prince of Hearts (The Elders and Welders Chronicles, #1)
  • Moonlight & Mechanicals (Gaslight Chronicles, #4)
  • The Hidden Goddess (Veneficas Americana, #2)
  • Bones of the Fair (Darest, #2)
  • Pure Magic
Book info: I am the author of the Iron Seas steampunk romance series. I've written a guide to the world (including a map) on my website.

I also write a paranormal romance series, the Guardians. That series guide is also on my website, including a "The Story So Far" feature, which allows you to catch up on all of the books that previously released in the series if you start after the first installm
More about Meljean Brook...

The Iron Seas (5 books)
  • The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1)
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • Riveted (Iron Seas, #3)
  • The Kraken King  (Iron Seas, #4)
  • Untitled (Iron Seas #5)

“He couldn’t prevent her from feeling any pain, but he could stand beside her through it.” 1 likes
“They gaped as if they’d never seen a ridiculously handsome bleeding man in a turquoise waistcoat fall through a rubbish hole and then save himself with a grappling hook before. What DID they do for fun in New Eden?” 0 likes