Start by marking “Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age” as Want to Read:
Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age

Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  16 reviews
From protagonists and antagonists, to dialogue and conflict, DIGITAL INK is a powerful, succinct, and entertaining book that will dramatically improve any writer’s work.

Suddenly it's a cinch to publish -- pop your manuscript up online via Amazon’s KDP, INScribe, Smashwords, or Pubit! and voilá, you've got an e-book. The number of authors, self-published and otherwise, is e...more
ebook
Published (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Digital Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital Ink

Frances Susanne
One incredibly amazing book. This is like highly distilled liquor: potent, gets to the point fast, and is ever so exhilarating. Succinct, timely, right on spot advice. When - not if - I make to the best sellers list I will owe Hill and Poe for my success. Highly recommend to anyone serious about writing fiction. You wanna do it? Read Digital Ink.
Eve
Brilliant! If you ever wanted to write, or are an experienced writer, this book is like being at the best writing conference ever -- but better. You can keep referring to what it really takes to get published and be successful in the e-book age.
Hazel Dixon-Cooper
DIGITAL INK is a must-read for every fiction writer in today's exploding E-Book market. Anyone can write and publish online. Few have real success. DIGITAL INK shows you how to make your book stand far above the competition.
John Lewis
Bonnie Hearn Hill and Christopher Allen Poe do not drudge on in Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-book Age. Chapters are broken up based on focus, each long enough to give important information while short enough to keep things clear. Examples keep things fresh, and the voice of Hill and Poe keep things interesting. They throw readers into the world of fiction writing in this easy to digest book that every author should read, regardless if writing for e-books or print. For the price t...more
Caitlin Sinead
I wouldn't recommend this book unless you haven't taken writing classes or read a lot of other craft books. About 85% of it was stuff I had heard before.

About 10% of it was stuff I actually don't agree with (and there are examples of many many popular and critically successful literature that break the "rules" they set in place). For example, they say that every scene needs tension (completely agree) and that tension is always character A wants A and character B wants B (gets in way of A). Whil...more
Virginia Welch
As an author of two fiction and one nonfiction books, I'm always looking to improve my craft. So when I saw Hill & Poe's book as a freebie on Steve Weber's Kindle Buffet, I thought "Oh why not, it's free. Probably won't be much there of use, but the price is right."

Boy was I in for a surprise. This book is hugely informative, easy to read, easy to understand, wastes no time getting to main points, and does a good job of explaining what you should and should not do in writing strong fiction....more
Rebecca
I had to read this for my creative writing class in college, and I read ahead and finished it.
If you're an aspiring author, or write any kind of fiction this is a MUST read. I learned so much from this book, it clearly tells what makes an excellent book with.
This is one of the few assigned books for college I'm going to keep!
Mel Kinder
I read this while polishing my manuscript before submitting it to an editor and I'm glad that I did. This book clearly defines the importance of character development, and story structure with examples of what works, what doesn't and why. Now that the digital era is upon us it's more important than ever to study and improve your craft. If you're even thinking about writing I highly recommend this book. It's a fast read but loaded with valuable information.
Jennelle Henderson
I purchased this book directly from Christopher Allan Poe at the end of a speaking engagement he did at Citrus College a couple months back. The talk was very engaging and made me want more. That's what I found in this short book. It's short and too the point but has a lot of good advice within the just under 100 pages. I do not agree with everything in it, but it is about what I expected and based on his talk I was expecting a pretty good book.
C.L. Swinney
EXCELLENT body of work. I learned a ton and was even more inspired by the information in this book. Great way to get up to speed on writing in the "digital age." I highly recommend this book to writers of all genres.
Linda Leon
I think this book will be a great reference for writers in general. Good information that will help people to improve their craft. I think that if a new author reads this book as they are writing a novel it will add to the professionalism of the book.
Haley
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.
I thought this book was a great source for writers. It covers all the aspects of writing a book and covers each one in depth. While there are many different concepts to understand, Digital Ink makes it easy to comprehend them. After reading Digital Ink, I know a lot more about writing and how to put together a novel now. This book is great for authors or those who want to become authors. I would definitely recommend it to these people.
Extremely informative book about how to actually write. I think I learned more in the hour and a half it took me to read this than in most of the English courses I took in college. Thank you Bonnie and Christopher!
Emily Boivin
i won this book on goodreads. i really would recomend this book to anyone who is serious about writin in the age of the ereader. it has so many tips on writing that you will difinatly learn much from this book.
Emily Boivin
i really liked the content of this book, it has some really great tips on getting published. i think as a writer of fiction it gave me some good tips on where to and how to.
Crystal
Fun to read this right before NaNoWriMo starts.
Jennifer Oliver
Jennifer Oliver marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Sally Spratt
Sally Spratt is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2014
Lou Ann
Lou Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rochelle
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Shae Hamrick
Shae Hamrick is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2014
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ian B Darkness
Ian B Darkness marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Kris Munson
Kris Munson marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
120361
Bonnie Hearn Hill is the author of six thrillers from MIRA Books, the Star Crossed young adult series, GHOST ISLAND, a paranormal love story, and LAST WORDS, a paranormal story about a woman who can touch someone's writing and feel the story behind the words. With Christopher Allan Poe, she wrote DIGITAL INK: WRITING KILLER FICTION IN THE E-BOOK AGE, a guide for novelists.

Her thrillers INTERN, KIL...more
More about Bonnie Hearn Hill...
Aries Rising  (Star Crossed, #1) Taurus Eyes (Star Crossed, #2) Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3) Cutline If It Bleeds