Start by marking “They Call Her Dana” as Want to Read:
They Call Her Dana

They Call Her Dana

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Born in the backwater bayous of Louisiana, beautiful Dana O'Malley fled the squalid farm and heavy work that had killed her well-born mother. With the pride and intelligence that was her heritage, Dana soon achieved wealth, fame... and the avid attentions of four different men.

Set against the glittering panorama of the nineteenth-century South, here is the story of an indo
Paperback
Published April 19th 1993 by Ballantine Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about They Call Her Dana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Call Her Dana

Dana
Oct 20, 2012 Dana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I first read this book when I was a teenager. I found it in a stack of books at a garage sale and my grandmother bought it for me. I never told her there were very descriptive sex scenes in the book. LOL. It's a great read and I just read it again for the 5th time.
Rebecca
I first read this book in the late 90s, and I loved it. It was probably one of the first romance novels I read, and it still pops up in my mind every so often. I loved the setting of the book; I have a thing for historicals, and it was set in New Orleans. I think I might have to reread this one soon.
Kristy
Its a good read if you like romance novels about a poor girl thats basically "swamp trash" who becomes the toast of 1830's New Orleans. Yeah, its got some naughty bits...thats why I read it!
Season
Just an awfully long and drawn out story. Could have gotten to the point way sooner than it did and then you add in all the unnecessary characters and subplots it just made the book annoying.
Lennellson
This was a really fun read. Good romance while getting a picture of life in 1830's in swamps of Lousiana and then New Orleans. Well written and entertaining.
Krystina
Krystina is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Ian Henry
Ian Henry marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa added it
Dec 21, 2014
Myfavouritebook
Myfavouritebook marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Kara Voorhees
Kara Voorhees marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Amy Armenta
Amy Armenta marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Ina
Ina added it
Apr 30, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Lizzie Ijeoma
Lizzie Ijeoma marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jennifer Wilde is a pseudonym of Tom E. Huff (Thomas Elmer Huff). He also wrote under the names Edwina Marlow, Beatrice Parker, and Katherine St. Clair.
More about Jennifer Wilde...
Love's Tender Fury Angel in Scarlet Love Me, Marietta Once More, Miranda When Love Commands