Start by marking “Incognito: The Classified Edition” as Want to Read:
Incognito: The Classified Edition

Incognito: The Classified Edition (Incognito #1-2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  184 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
From the best-selling award-winning creators of Fatale and Criminal comes the classy deluxe hardcover edition of their brutal "Super-Villain in Witness Protection" saga ... Incognito! Collecting both Incognito and its sequel Incognito: Bad Influences along with many behind-the-scenes extras, previously unseen illustrations and even a few articles, this is the edition you w ...more
Hardcover, Deluxe Edition, 368 pages
Published September 19th 2012 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Incognito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incognito

Anne
So, this is The Classified Edition of Incognito that includes both volumes.
Huh.
I have to admit, I was a tad annoyed at the ending when I found out that this was it. Hello? What the hell was that?!

description

So, this thing doesn't exactly have a tidy ending.
I don't consider that a spoiler. More of a WARNING for others, like myself, who have certain expectations when it comes to reading books.
And if you're like me, then this 'ending' will bother you a great deal!
I know a lot of you lovely folks out there lik
Tfitoby
Sep 24, 2014 Tfitoby rated it really liked it
Erm....supervillain in witness protection as a file clerk? Yes please! Brubaker's crime stories merge with that whole superhero mythology stuff to create a fascinatingly complex and conflicted noir protagonist and place him in a world of people who are out to use him, abuse him and discard him or just straight up kill him for one of many perfectly valid reasons - he was a self serving murderer afterall. The twisted tale he weaves is brilliantly complex and loaded with the kind of nihilistic ...more
Paul
Dec 01, 2013 Paul rated it it was amazing
In 2008 and 2010, comic book creators Ed Brubaker (writer) and Sean Phillips (artist) came out with a new, pulp-inspired comic book, Incognito, published as a pair of mini-series.

The main character of Incognito is Zach Overkill. He and his twin brother, both superstrong and supertough, had been soldiers in Black Death’s organization until someone tried to bump them off. Zach’s brother, Xander, was killed. Zach survived and turned state’s evidence against Black Death, as it seemed it was his orga
Albert
Aug 02, 2015 Albert rated it liked it
Incognito: The Classified Edition by Ed Brubaker is a graphic novel that collects Incognito 1-6 and Bad Influences 1-5. Brubaker is the creator and author of such notable comics as Criminal and Fatale of which I am a huge fan. So eventually I would find a work by Brubaker that I did not in love with and this is it.

What happens to super villains when they get captured? They get sent into super villain witness protection program where they are drugged enough to keep their powers in check. Zack Ove
Relstuart
Dec 09, 2015 Relstuart rated it liked it
Shelves: super-hero, noir
This made me happy. It's the best non-Marvel work I've read by Brubaker.* I was thinking this took place in the Marvel universe but it does not. I think it's one Brubaker built just for this story. A future (or the past a decade or so ago) where super-villains and heroes fight each other mostly behind the scenes and our hero/villain languishes in witness protection wondering whether his life still has any meaning. Naturally events don't let him just stay static and both heroes and villains ...more
Joseph
May 28, 2013 Joseph rated it really liked it
Ever since I began reading the series Fatale I've become a big fan of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips. I really enjoy the type of stories they tell with their work. They bring a pulp style to the medium which really grabs my attention and keeps me interested. The artwork is of course a big plus because I think it fits the story perfectly. Beware Zack Overkill!!
Jedhua
Nov 11, 2016 Jedhua rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Book Info: This collection contains Incognito issues #1-6 and Incognito: Bad Influences issues #1-5.

OVERALL RATING: {3/5 stars}

------------------------------------------------

{3.5/5 stars}

Review for Incognito

{3/5 stars}

Review for Incognito, Volume 2: Bad Influences
Chris
Jan 10, 2013 Chris rated it really liked it
Brubaker never ceases to impress. I love his work, as I'm mildly obsessed with noir and such tales. So to see this dark take that blends superheroes and villains, with a classic noir aesthetic? What's not to love.

Really, these are two very dark tales that might be a bit much for some, but dark humor and less-than-sunny dispositions are some of my favorite things in stories: This one is packed with both.

Basically, it reminded me of the flipside of THE INCREDIBLES. Rather than being a former super
Kelsey
Feb 04, 2014 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
What a trip. I started this not knowing quite what to expect, and then instantly being slammed by hatred of this self-absorbed douchebag who thinks he's the only in this world who's got it figured out; who knows "the Secret." I guess I've just read too much stuff recently where the main male character never changes. Too much wish-fantasy going on, you know? So I had to set this down for a week and seethe.

But then I went back and sat down to read it. And holy crap, I am so glad I did. *This* is w
Ed Nemo
Oct 30, 2012 Ed Nemo rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
First, let me start with the fact that I bought this book thinking it was about the Marvel character The Hood. It wasn't. This is a stand-alone story that takes place in its own universe. I was rather irritated about the mix-up but gave it a chance. I'm glad I did. This story is about an ex-super-villain who is languishing without his powers in the witness protection program.

He gets his powers back and slowly finds himself again. Is he a hero or a villain? Are the "good guys" really "good"? Aft
Scottsdale Public Library
Super-criminals don't retire easily -- but trying to change is even harder. With a story that eschews the classic redemption arc for something more true to its troublemaking protagonist, Incognito succeeds in creating an antihero who can't mend his ways, who doesn't learn to respect and protect humanity, but who fights crime because fighting is what he's good at -- even if absolutely no one wants him to do it. This makes the collection a great antidote to more moralistic super-tales while never ...more
Mersini
What happens when you place a super villain under witness protection?

You get a pretty interesting story.

Fairly well executed, with a supporting cast of interesting people with various powers, Incognito was better than I expected it to be. Although, I was left dissatisfied by the end. Perhaps it was this edition. Maybe there's more to the story than just what's collected here, in which case, I hope it explains things a bit more.

But it's a fascinating story about a super villain who comes to reev
Roberto
May 26, 2015 Roberto rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ed Brubaker is a wonderful storyteller with a deft hand at creating intrigue, even in a superhero book. Incognito has all the Brubaker elements of mystery, pulpy noir that masterfully unfolds in an engaging manner that'll keep the page turning. Highly recommended.
Peter
Sep 07, 2012 Peter rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics

Ed Brubaker at his best. Modern noir with a superhero twist that invigorates both genres. Plus the design work on this particular volume is gorgeous. One of the prettiest books in my collection.
Mattias Indy
Mattias Indy rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Markus
Markus rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Joonas
Joonas rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
H.
H. rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Ferdy Lijftogt
Ferdy Lijftogt rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Jason Robey
Jason Robey rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Collin Malcolm
Collin Malcolm rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Eisnein
Eisnein rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Hugo
Hugo rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Iran
Iran rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2013
Majorarcana
Majorarcana rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs 3 (B.P.R.D., #6-8)
  • Powers: Definitive Collection, Vol. 4
  • Chimichanga
  • The Authority, Vol. 1
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Volume 2
  • Code Monkey Save World
  • Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen, Volume 3 (AVX)
  • The Mighty Thor Omnibus
  • Lazarus: The First Collection
  • The Incredible Hulk, by Jason Aaron, Volume 1
Ed Brubaker (born November 17, 1966) is an Eisner Award-winning American cartoonist and writer. He was born at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.

Brubaker is best known for his work as a comic book writer on such titles as Batman, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, Catwoman, Gotham Central, Sleeper, Uncanny X-Men and X-Men: Deadly Genesis, and The Authority, and for helping
More about Ed Brubaker...

Incognito (2 books)