Start by marking “Richard Castle's Storm Season: A Derrick Storm Mystery (Derrick Storm Graphic Novel, #2)” as Want to Read:

Richard Castle's Storm Season: A Derrick Storm Mystery (Derrick Storm Graphic Novel #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  403 ratings  ·  39 reviews
The sequel to the critically acclaimed, best-selling graphic novel Richard Castle's Deadly Storm! In this "adaptation" of Derrick Storm's second novel, the private investigator is hired to bug the hotel suite of an African head of state - but what should have been a routine mission quickly spirals out of control when Storm overhears a woman's terrifying scream on the wire. ...more
Published October 10th 2012 by Marvel (first published January 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Richard Castle's Storm Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Richard Castle's Storm Season

Chris
Normally I am strictly a DC Comics guy, but I am a big fan of the show Castle. These graphic novels are based off of the books Richard Castle wrote about Derrick Storm. This graphic novel follows right after the events in Deadly Storm. Derrick Storm is still a private detective, but now he is also a spy working for the CIA. After recently loosing his first CIA handler, he is trying to throw himself into his work. Helping a wealthy heiress get back the money she was conned out of, Storm comes acr ...more
Richard Gombert
I'm still not sure about these.
I still like and watch Castle, and I'm still reading all the tie-ins.
This is better that the first Derrick Storm graphic novel. But it's not what I expected from the brief synopses.
Derrick Storm comes across as a amateur bungler than as a hard boiled detective that the CIA would be interested in. So far in the first two stories Clara Strike is the competent one. Derrick is along for the clueless ride.
In this story he actually less competent that in the first.
I stil
Jeffrey
I really enjoyed this volume, both the writing and the artwork. It really felt like I was reading something that could have been written by Richard Castle. It had the fun flair and quirky sense of humor that I have grown to expect from the character of Castle. All I can really say is that Bendis knocks my socks off with his writing, and his ability to set aside his own unique style and adapt himself to writing as somebody else, fictional though that somebody else may be, is nothing short of amaz ...more
Racquel
Mo
After several attempts with various authors' graphic novels, I assumed they were just not my cup of tea.

But this one I actually liked! The artwork & dialogue were both impressive.

My only complaint is that, like the other graphic novels by other authors/artists, why do all the women have to be overly busty with cleavage-plunging necklines?! Ugh.

Also, Derrick Storm seemed a bit amateur/green in the action, with Clara Strike taking over as the predominate professional. Yet that didn't take a
David
I enjoy watching the TV series when I can find the time to watch it, so I bought these books as an experiment just to see what they are like. Well, as the supposed graphic novel adaptation of a fictional author's fictional author's novel, it's not bad, quite good in fact. I'd go so far as to say that it holds its own with the majority of graphic novels, and if you like the TV series you will like this. It really feels like the sort of book that the character Richard Castle would write.

Must look
Emma
Derrik Storm's second adaptation graphic-novel is just as great as the previous one. Here, we find Derrik Storm helping an investigation of a woman screaming. We not only see who his CIA handler is now, after Clara Strike has passed away, or so we all thought. I love Derrik's dialouge and his antics to come up with the truth.

The artwork in this book is amazing, the story is wonderfully told. Can't wait to read more Derrik Storm's graphic-novels, and novels perhaps.
Chris
I had hoped that the graphic novels would be a good holdover until they publish the Derrick Storm novels but after flipping through a couple pages of "Deadly Storm" and trying to read this one I could not finish it. The overall effect came off as too cartoony for my taste. Why waste my time when I can now read the Derrick Storm e-book trilogy and picture his adventures in my own mind hopefully more realistic.
Milan Pohl
Kresba hezká, ještě povedenější než u prvního dílu, bohužel na úkor scénáře. Bendis se tentokrát držel poměrně zpátky: sice nešetřil "povinnými" zvraty, ty však neměly takový účinek, jaký mohly mít. Alespoň se nekonalo chaotické nedovysvětlené finále, které bylo jednou z mála vad na kráse minulého dílu. Slovní humor a jiskření mezi Derrickem a Clarou příběh i tentokrát příjemně okořenilo. Solidní ***1/2.
Lenka
I'm really glad that Lupacchino did the artwork I know her from X-factor and really like her art.
The story was much better paced and much more entertaining than the first one. It might be because the first one is origin story and while I didn't like it that much it is required reading in order to understand the characters and the situation of this one properly.
Melissa Railey
I liked this one better than the first graphic novel. I appreciated the way the authors built on the Storm character and the events from the first book and added in some mystery. There's still all the witty dialogue and snarkiness from the first book and I could still feel the Castle/Fillion character bleeding into Derrick Storm.
Jessica
Its not that I just love graphic novels or anything, but I enjoy Castle and it is fun to read the tie-ins alone with the show. So as far as graphic novels go, its fine. I like the show better, but these are fine and since they are comics, they are quick reads. Plus it gives me a fix when I'm in between Castle episodes!
Melissa
This series is turning out quite well, considering its background. As a huge Castle fan, I would have read it anyway, of course! I hate to say anything else for fear of spoilers! I do think I liked this second one better than the first, and I'm intrigued to see where they take the story line!
Jake
While the quality of the overall graphics in this 2nd graphic adaptation of the Derrick Storm series is better than it's predecessor. I find the storyline lacking and the plot predictable. While that is not to say that Storm Season is not a fun graphic novel to read.
Joanna Weissen
This one is more fun than the first one, although I wouldn't recommend reading this one without having already read the first one. The first few pages have some delightful back and forth that echoes the dialogue on Castle (I'm sure that's no accident).
Cathrine Bonham
Not as good as Castle's Nikki Heat books though it could just be the comic book adaptation. Sometimes things get lost in translation, it really didn't feel like enough material for a full sized novel. It could be the plot of an hour long TV drama at best.
Go
This is an easy review…I was bored right from the start. It seemed like the plot was all over the place and was not very cohesive. The characters were dull too and the busty women all looked and acted the same. There was no point to the story.
Jordan
I think these little tie-ins are good fun. I'm not expecting Shakespeare. I like the little wink wink nod nod stuff like Castle's introduction and such. It's fun and entertaining and sometimes that's all you need :-) It is written just fine as well.
Bonnie
This series is getting more and more like Castle. Derrick Storm is like a slightly more buff Richard Castle at this point - all charm and wordplay, while his female love interest is the tougher crime fighter.

Fun stuff.
Krista
As with the first graphic novel in this series, I enjoyed this short but exciting tale from start to end! He is, ruggedly handsome... ; )

Actual rating: 4.5
Ashley
3.5 stars. I really enjoy these tie-ins, but the GNs don't have a whole lot of meat to them. The story by Bendis and KSD is enjoyable, but there could be a lot more to it, I think. Regardless, fun and quick to read, and nice art.
Bill
I liked this better than the first volume in the series. The voice seemed a bit more like Richard Castle. And the Derrick Storm character seemed a bit more like what he would write. A fun read for Castle fans.
Karen
Really fun second installment of the graphic series. Storm talks just like Castle on the show, but the characters are all different, with lots of international crime and chase scenes. Thanks Santa!
Lady Belinda

I really like that they are writing the Derrick Storm novels as graphic novels. I liked this one better than the first one. Great illustrations and the story was good too.
Vikas Khair
Once again Nice adventure from the fictional writer Richard Castle but of course all the guys in the real world who have made a book in a TV Series Real. Kudos
sixthreezy
Good, quick, and easy read. For fans of Castle, most definitely. The humor of these graphic novels pretty much saves it from any shortcomings they have..
Jason
I LOVE the graphic novels of the Storm series. So excited that the next installment will be a 5 comic series. This was such a brilliant idea!
Wendy
3.5 Stars

Really enjoyed this one.

Exciting story with drama, some butt kicking and a bit of humor.
Good graphics as well.
Matt Piechocinski
Fun. The followups to the first GN are better than the original. It's tough to pick a favorite between this one and PAD's.
Castillions: Storm Season (Derrick Storm Graphic Novel, #2) 5 12 May 06, 2012 08:44PM
  • Castle: A Calm Before Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novel, #3)
  • A Bloody Storm (Derrick Storm, #3)
  • Serenity: Better Days and Other Stories (Serenity, #2)
  • Serenity: Leaves on the Wind #3
  • Infinity
  • Ender's Game Ultimate Collection
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
  • The X-Files: Season 10, Volume 1
  • Wizard at Large (The Dresden Files, #6-7)
  • The Flash, Vol. 3: Gorilla Warfare

More about Brian Michael Bendis...
House of M Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility The New Avengers, Vol. 1: Breakout Powers, Vol. 1: Who Killed Retro Girl? Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers