Start by marking “Inviting God to Your Wedding: and Keeping God in Your Marriage” as Want to Read:
Inviting God to Your Wedding: and Keeping God in Your Marriage

Inviting God to Your Wedding: and Keeping God in Your Marriage

"God is the silent partner in all great enterprises."
-- Abraham Lincoln
"In the months before our wedding, I searched the shelves of my favorite bookstores for a wedding book that I never found: A book that would celebrate my joy and acknowledge my fears. A book that would be a silent friend that wouldn't overwhelm me with week-by-week checklists and endless pictures of tab
Published April 20th 2011 by Harmony (first published May 9th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Inviting God to Your Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inviting God to Your Wedding

Christa
Jan 07, 2015 Christa rated it really liked it
As I started planning my wedding I couldn't help but feel like I was getting caught up in all the things that didn't really matter. The dress, the location, the decorations. I was struggling with how to make the ceremony special and how to focus on bringing God into the wedding planning. The first third of the book really helped me re-focus and wrap my head around the whole thing. After that I will say I just skimmed the rest. Each chapter ends with an activity, something to think about and a pr ...more
Stephanie
Jul 25, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Ohmygoodness...this book. The family I came from believes in God but doesn't necessarily incorporate Him into all our traditions. Sad. I knew I absolutely had to have every inch of my wedding interlaced with God's glory. He is the One who wrote my love story (http://amzn.to/1OEVQWk) and I needed inspiration to pay tribute to Him. [I knew I wasn't going to get it from my fam.] This book gave me all the tips I needed.
Diana
This book is sooooo healing and is so much better than any wedding planning book I have seen out there. To be honest, it is less about to-do lists and more about getting your head, heart, and soul right, as well as determining what is important to a ceremony and what is NOT--be it simply for show or decadence, etc. It talks about healing your own brokenness (and dealing with some mild toxicity from others) and partnering with God for your spiritual union. Very good stuff.
Brittany Turner
Apr 07, 2016 Brittany Turner rated it it was amazing
Best book for keeping your eyes on the right place before a wedding. A wedding can be about a lot of things, including a lot of self focus. This helps you keep God and your marriage first while having the wedding you've dreamed of. Full of anecdotes that encourage you along the way with practical tools to help you plan. The perfect book for newly engaged couples.
Michelle Young
Jul 10, 2007 Michelle Young rated it liked it
Recommends it for: May
Sort of cheesy, but the only book of its kind that I could find (one that talks about being intentional about planning your wedding in a God-honoring way). Has some workbook sections and prayers. Good reminder that it's not all about tulle, and definitely not all about me!
Joy
Aug 03, 2013 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inviting God to Your Wedding was my go to book the last few months of my engagement leading up to my wedding. It helped bring to point the moat important part of my union with my husband was that God was what had, does and always will hold us together. Great read!
Ellen
Nov 10, 2013 Ellen rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, marriage
Pretty over the top and fluffy at times, but over all a really good prep book. One of the few that's religious, realistic, and real--life applicable.
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Anectdotal book of wedding information\nNot heavy planning\nGreat shower ideas - book shower!
Shannon
Feb 07, 2008 Shannon rated it liked it
I would totally recommend to any bride to be to help keep in mind what's important (and not) when planning their big day!
Lisa Wilkinson
Apr 17, 2008 Lisa Wilkinson rated it really liked it
great prospective on the whole "wedding" thang (smile)
Marcelo
Marcelo rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Cassie Lee
Cassie Lee rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Carroll J. Mrowicki
Carroll J. Mrowicki rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Naphy
Naphy rated it really liked it
May 17, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2017
Brianna Heida
Brianna Heida rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2017
Bridget
Bridget rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2008
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2014
drowningmermaid
drowningmermaid rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2013
John Jude McGuinness
John Jude McGuinness rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Alex Cohen
Alex Cohen rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Lesly
Lesly rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
MARTHA WILLIAMSON made television history when her CBS series, “Touched By An Angel” set a new standard for an inspirational family drama when it grew to a weekly audience of 25 million viewers and exploded into more than a billion dollar franchise during its initial 9-year run.

As Executive Producer and Head Writer of the ground-breaking series, Williamson was the visionary who guided the show int
More about Martha Williamson...

“This is what he said to our guests: I’d like to invite you to become more than a spectator. Become a participant, and let these moments that have a lot of emotional warmth (because of our care for Jon and Martha) become moments when we open up to an element of the miraculous, and I mean that sincerely. The Bible records the presence of Jesus at one wedding we know of, and it’s the wedding that is marked by the miracle of the water being turned to wine. He is still in the business of doing the same thing, but it’s not a water-to-wine miracle so much as it is the ordinary to the extraordinary. Our humanness needs to be touched by divine grace in order for the beauty of a wonderful marriage to occur. And that requires a miracle. And in this moment, I believe we can all open our hearts to a miracle, not just praying for Jon and Martha, but for ourselves, saying “Lord, do something of Your grace in my heart while I’m here, too.” 0 likes