Start by marking “A Night Without Darkness” as Want to Read:
A Night Without Darkness

A Night Without Darkness

New Hardcover w/dust cover (as shown) "A Night Without Darkness" minor shelf wear. Fast shipping...(td)
Published August 1st 1999 by Deseret Book Co

To ask other readers questions about A Night Without Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Night Without Darkness

Melanie
Feb 18, 2010 Melanie rated it really liked it
Several years ago, I gave away my copy of this book as a Christmas gift to a dear friend. When I went to replace it, I discovered that this wonderful book is out of print. I had to buy a used copy at more than list price, but it was worth it! This Nephite Christmas story is perfect for LDS families. It brings the Book of Mormon story of Christ's birth to life. It even includes scripture references for further study. I hope this treasure will be back in print sometime soon!
Jennifer Hughes
Dec 12, 2013 Jennifer Hughes rated it liked it
I like the idea behind this book more than the book itself. The pictures are great but I always have to modify the text on the fly for young listeners as I read it aloud. It is a great way to present the Christmas story from a different perspective, though.
Siera
Nov 15, 2008 Siera rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Christmas books! I love the way that day was portrayed and I found myself feeling the same fear, wonder and awe as those people did. Their extraordinary faith astounds me.
Lisa
A beautifully told story of the Christmas for the Nephite's in America. It is so well done and the illustrations are beautiful. I read this to my kids every Christmas Eve.
Shimmywith4
Jan 04, 2012 Shimmywith4 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
LOVE this story. A perfect combination of how scary/ confusing it must have felt, without traumatizing my children. Oh, how it must have felt to have been there.
Wanda
Dec 24, 2012 Wanda rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a story of how it might have been during the days on this continent when the foretold signs appeared assuring the people that Jesus Christ had been born.
JoDean
Dec 19, 2008 JoDean rated it really liked it
A Nephite Christmas Story
Depiction of events in the Americas at Christ's birth. Lovely illustrations, engaging text, and scriptural references.
Cindy
Aug 20, 2008 Cindy rated it it was amazing
A beautiful tale and artwork depicting the eve of the Savior's birth for the people in the Americas.
Deanna
Dec 10, 2009 Deanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, christmas
One of my favorite Christmas stories, though I don't care too much for the illustrations.
Lauri
Story of the Nephites at the time of Christ's birth from a young boy's perspective.
Lauren
Feb 07, 2008 Lauren rated it it was amazing
a beautiful story about the Nephites at the time Christ was born.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Haley
Haley rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Ginger
Ginger rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Micah Johnson
Micah Johnson rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Nea Riley
Nea Riley marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Carol-Lynn
Carol-Lynn rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Carol Ann
Carol Ann rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Dianne
Dianne rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Nikol Gordon
Nikol Gordon rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014